No announcement yet.

Imperium Nova Restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ag sucks, (thanks to me finding a way to exploit it in beta, its been nerfed into suckitude) geo and tech are good but I don't think they're good enough to justify the number of people in them. I'm just in tech for the short term to get some massive short-term profits to help boot-strap me into other spheres. Eventually tech will get mega-saturated and profits will drop but by then I'll have other spheres.

Also talk to Sub Rosa, he's right next to you and he's a RL friend of mine. He might be of help.
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I think that Geological appeals because of the 'solid, dependable, boring' nature of mining in other games. But in Imperium Nova, it's not solid or dependable.

Comment

I actually rather like it because it's anything but. Surveys can always turn up empty, there's probably lots of fighting over good planets with rich veins, and you have to make agreements so that you don't kick each other out of any profit by lowering the prices too much. And you have to keep finding new deposits all the time.

Also talk to Sub Rosa, he's right next to you and he's a RL friend of mine. He might be of help.
        I'll chuck Sub Rosa a PM next time I log in
        Last edited by Kassiopeia; September 4, 2007, 15:53.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Algenib Imperial Coordinates [-7,-5]
          A medium-sized, marine planet with a very small population.
          This planet is poverty-stricken and has meagre mineral resources. It suffers from low levels of crime and disorder.
          Next Senate election 21st Vigilance year 4. Campaigning will begin in 4 months time.
          Advice? No idea what im doing Ihave not choosen a sphere yet. There are a few planets right around me, most are ''poor''. I have some unexplorered area to the left

I am in ''baade'' whereever that is.
          Last edited by Kataphraktoi; September 5, 2007, 13:46.
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

OK, I'm in Baade and just checked the map. There's no psionics in the area and that's a good easy sphere. Just choose psionics, disband your military, set your research to zero, your education to zero and the security for members of your dynasty to zero and scatter psionics buildings around your area until you make enough of a profit to do other things.
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

It suffers from low levels of crime and disorder.
              That must suck to suffer like that.
              I never know their names, But i smile just the same
              New faces...Strange places,
              Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
              -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                OK, I'm in Baade and just checked the map. There's no psionics in the area
                How do you get this info?
                if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I looked around the different planets in the area (planetary chart) and clicked on facilities and didn't see any psionics buildings near you. All of this info might not be available to you if you haven't chosen a sphere and gotten started yet.
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

YES! The very first survey was a resounding success: a HUGE deposit of precious metals! I won't have a mining complex up and running until the end of the current month, though.

I can't afford another complex with my remaining money (although I'll stay alive until the aforementioned complex gets up and running), so if possible I'd love to have a loan of something like 3k to 5k so that I can exploit whatever the later surveys discover (or further mine the precious metals deposit). I believe that once I get those metals out of the crust I'll be able to pay back quickly. Otherwise I'll probably build another smaller mining facility on the same vein, but it'll probably slow me down more than paying reasonable interest would.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Can't, ATM. Even if I opened financial you're not within range of me. Later on my range will expand a good bit and that'll be possible.
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Oh well. Looks like there's no place for me to get any spare money from, I'll have to build an outpost. I should have $900 by the end of the month not including any income from either mine, so I should be alright.

Comment

Ugh, I wonder if I'm going to be screwed. I started with geological because my close proximity had nice mineral wealth, but having to operate entirely on planets that my HQ isn't on means that doing anything takes ages to finish. Surveys take a month to finish on even neighbouring planets and building more mines takes long as well, and once I have a mine up and running there's already a new house sitting there with their brand new immediately constructed mines pushing the prices down. Yeah and a survey on a Plentiful planet just turned up empty, great.

I'm slightly kamikazing now, I only have 22 solars in my treasury now but I should have a Mining Complex pumping out precious minerals on a planet where they're priced over 100 solars per unit in less than ten days. I should have several grand to spend next month, and I think I need to move my HQ from my starting planet since it's of Low mineral wealth - there's just no point in surveying or mining further there IMO. My starting mineral deposit there was only 700 in size anyway.

I have 22 real-time days to start over if I want... I just got really slapped in the face by the starting area I ended up in, the planet I was on sucked but the surroundings looked great for Geo, I just didn't know it took forever to do things on planets other than your own.

Comment

The emperor is offering loans now. That might help.
                            But yeah, geological is getting horrifically overcrowded.
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

The Imperial loans are for emergencies only and it's only 500 solars so it's not really useful.

I could probably just switch it out and take my primary in something else once I get enough status going. I'll be able to eke out some sort of income by the current infrastructure I have, I think I'll have about 3k to 4k in income next month. That'll allow me to build a few more mines, do more surveys and hopefully find more profitable deposits on quieter planets.

I guess I should have gone with Transport as I initially planned, but I was dropped in such a low pop area of the galaxy that it seemed a fool's errand.

Comment

Wish I could help you, I can offer loans since I have finance now but you're too far away.
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X