No announcement yet.

Imperium Nova Restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went psionic, seem to be doing solidly. Signed an anti-competition agreement on homeworlds with another psionic.
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Ya, psionics isn't a very high income sphere but its good reliable income and with so few houses in psionics you're going to avoid the nasty competition crunch that's going to hurt a LOT of houses.

Also I'm in financial so if I'm within range of you I can offer people low-interest loans.
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Yeah, I thought about Psionics but that's supposed to work best on high pop planets and I had none in my range. (I like to whine.) I think I can manage, at least until I can get 12 status and switch to a different primary sphere.

But I don't really know if I would lose a whole lot if I just did a restart. I have a better grasp of the system and I might even end up in your range so I could get a loan and quickstart a new different operation.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I'm House Turisas in Baade. I've started with psionics as most other spheres are well represented on my homeworld and those around it. I have been spending money like a drunken sailor, ordering new psionic labs on nearby planets that have population and upgrading my current lab. Balancing that, I have disbanded my military and slashed all other expenditure and have just under $7k to tide me over until the other facilities come online.

Incidently, how do you change the person in charge of a sphere? The leader of my house is an average administrator, but I have a diligent, able administrator who I would prefer running things.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Go to HQ -> and click on "PSIONICS". It should have a dropdown menu with all of your dynasty members listed, and you can pick who you want to run the sphere from that menu.

Turisas
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I'd also recommend talking to other psionics houses and trying to make agreements to not compete with each other on specific planets.
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Another question. Is there a way to determine beforehand the income level from a particular size building, or is the best way to spend thousands, wait several days and then see what the income is for that particular population and wealth level?

Also, on higher-population wealthier planets where the largest psionics building is likely to be the most profitable, is it better to build a lab and then upgrade or go straight to the biggest level building?

Final question: Does a planet's population and/or income level change over time?
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It's almost always better to build the biggest building immediately. And planets do get larger and richer over time (though the reverse can happen too).

Comment

status 12

But i think im going to restart. Long term i kind of screwed myself anyway.

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Well when you're juuuuuuuuuust starting out and need income it can be good to build the smaller buildings but generally just build the big ones. The only exception would be transport and merchantile, with those you've got to make sure you get the appropriate routes.
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I built to many small builds i think. But i canceled 5 builds and got money flowing again. its all the big builds that seem to be raking it in

Comment

Wow, $1000 in nontaxable income per planet and then 10% on the portion that goes over it. That should really help out Transportation and Mercantile houses since their income operations will probably be more spread out than mining (you basically find one or two good veins on a good planet and start emptying them). Say a Transportation House earns $3000 from one planet and $1000 from another while a Geo House earns $4000 from just one planet. The Transportation House pays $200 in taxes while the Geo House pays $300.

So it's encouraging me to set up shop on a lot of planets where it otherwise wouldn't be as appealing as tacking on another Mining Complex on the same old planet. And I'm far from oversupplying the planet, after a mine and a complex the existing supply has yet to budge from the base supply. The low maintenance and build costs on poverty-stricken planets are also very appealing, I can see why we're outsourcing everything in the West.
                          Last edited by Kassiopeia; September 11, 2007, 17:27.

Comment

A lot of people take the current tax rates for granted. Some very interesting things will happen when clever/greedy people get their hands on planetary government and start to run local tax policy.
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Well, that's another possibility. It'll take a while for that to happen, at least on the planets I'm working on, although I suspect that for the people who are operating on the planet I have my biggest op on, they would want to lower the tax rate.

I mean, can you have any incentive to raise taxes while in government? I mean the only way to get there is to have ops on that planet and if you raise taxes you're going to screw yourself over. Just thinking if the governor will get some money directly from taxes themselves.

But we're at the Emperor's mercy for the time being.

Comment

You can tax different spheres differently, so a mercantile player could uses taxes to pulverise the technology and geological spheres on planet, leaving it dependent on their imports. Or vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                                X