Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here, let me have a try at it:

Ooh shiny!

Interesting, Sandman. What's up with Alhazred? How did he rebound from his brief stint as a renegade? The Baade regional forum seems pretty quiet. Is there a reasonable imperial counterweight or is it all Maesil's show now?
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Those links don't work for me *shrug*
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
        Here, let me have a try at it:

Ooh shiny!

Interesting, Sandman. What's up with Alhazred? How did he rebound from his brief stint as a renegade? The Baade regional forum seems pretty quiet. Is there a reasonable imperial counterweight or is it all Maesil's show now?
        The GM nerfed sphere leaders, which more or less gutted the economies of several key players. I was indirectly affected by a lack of willing donors to the Infinitum.

Things seem to have stabilised, a bit. Alhazred has scrapped all his missions for House of Cthulu, and even the Imperialists have dwindled a bit.

It's all pretty quiet, really. Just as well I cut back my spheres so I didn't have to pay the subscription fee. The Fringe Imperials and the Eternity Conclave now control the senate, but I get the feeling Maesil will just ignore anything they do.

Comment

• Hows agriculture doing, and how does construction work?

Comment

• Construction facilities get a proportion of all money spent on building and upkeep. It's not that great a sphere, though it gives you faster construction times and an effective discount.

Agriculture isn't much cop, it's for small houses only.

The game is sadly stalling. No-one has any cash, and players are drifting away.

Comment

• A new galaxy, Fornux, is bringing some drama back, though. I left Draco to take part in it along with some friends I made in Draco, and it's been rather interesting. The GM selected an asshat as the new Emperor. Fortunately he continued to be an asswipe in-game, so the we immediately started plotting a revolution, and it took off. It's been a prolonged slog but our side is finally getting the upper hand, but it hasn't been without hiccups.

My HQ has been wiped out already, but I took down a large Imperial ally in the process, and I've been spending quite a lot of time on IRC hashing out strategy with my corevolutionaries.

I was also the first House to outright call for a revolution, and I opened it with a devastating surprise attack on a minnow who was acting as the Emperor's enforcer in my corner of the galaxy.

With so young a galaxy and so little money to throw around, the warfare in the game is actually fascinating. Instead of legions of, well, legions hurling themselves futilely into impregnable defences, you have an entirely new tactical level to it with three different levels of units, and a legion being a unit of awesome strength but also an immense investment in time and money.

I did stop subscribing and I feel the GM's decisions have been questionable the last few months, so I'm not feeling too attached to it, and am reluctant to keep going if the revolution fizzles.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• A month after that, we damn well won, overthrew the Emperor, set up an election and it looks like the revolutionaries' candidate is going to be the next Imperial house. My own house is now third from the top in terms of status, an economic and technological superpower, and the whole thing seems to have turned out quite peachy for me and my fellow rebels. Hooray for Fornux.

It's kind of funny reading my early posts in this thread from a current point of view. Oh wow, I had a gross monthly income of 35k once! (It's now ten times that.)
                Last edited by Kassiopeia; November 6, 2008, 15:19.

Comment

• Kassi sighting
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• A fresh war between Maesil and Luxie and the other main houses broke out, with Maesil's tech complex on Ayla proving too daunting a challenge to defeat. Presumably he's going to reclaim the emperorship.

Comment

• Me sighting! Yay!

I don't have a lot of business over here any longer... I hang around on a bunch of IRC channels nowadays, including a community of IN players. I also play Paradox games a lot. Just in case anyone was wondering what's up with me. I'm nearly a Bachelor of Social Sciences now too, I hope to graduate and get a job in two years time.

Oh right, Imperium Nova. My house is now #2 in the galaxy, the Imperial House's loyal supporter and #1 in technological progress. I probably have the third largest military as well. The game is becoming a little dull but version 2 is going to be open for beta testers in June and I hope to get in on it. It's still a fun game. Give al-Qasr a holler if you wind up in Fornux and I'll set you up with money and help.

Comment

Working...
                      X