No announcement yet.

Imperium Nova Restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, now I'm not just scared but really really scared.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Hooray for psionics and their influence bonus.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The sphere I was thinking about earlier, Politics, might be profitable just for the protection racket you could set up with it. "I'm just here to help us make sure that your interests on this planet are not... in jeopardy." I may just end up ponying up the money for the extra spheres because just two suddenly seems awfully restricting.

Oh, and my guesstimate for my profit next month is around 6k. Hooray!
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

For some reason i cant upgrade my builds-i could before. As stupid\wierd as it sounds i cant find it
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I've started a religion. Fun, but probably economic suicide. All hail the Infinitum anyway!

Comment

Kat - it took me ages to find it the 2nd time. From Headquarters, click on the relevant sphere of influence (ie: Psionics) and you should be able to upgrade from there. Of course, it would have been much easier if you could upgrade from the facilities view.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Thanks-I started a DL as a transporter in the same galaxy btw

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

My survey teams keep finding minerals deposits on planets where the prices of minerals are terrible. I'll have to move to targeted surveys now that I have money, I guess. 37.50 a unit, a Mining Complex will barely return a profit on a planet of average wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                    I've started a religion. Fun, but probably economic suicide. All hail the Infinitum anyway!
                    Well I'm not so sure about that. Religion income grows very slowly but I'm sure it'll be massive it you have more than half of a planet following your religion.

Also you're a bit east of me. I'm going to be going into politics and creating a free trade zone of planets with little/zero merchantile tax, which should be very good for your house (and good for me as well as I use merchantile exports to manipulate planetary economies in my favore ).

Thanks-I started a DL as a transporter in the same galaxy btw
                    Please don't do that, its against the rules.

My survey teams keep finding minerals deposits on planets where the prices of minerals are terrible.
                    What you've got to do is talk to a merchantile house (Sub Rosa for example) and convince him to export minerals from the places where the prices are low to where the minerals are high. That way the prices go up (which helps you) and if you keep building more mines on those planets Sub Rosa will have profitable trade routes (which helps him).
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

But I doubt at the current state there aren't more lucrative opportunities shipping things like art and automobiles since even though the supply isn't' as big, the price differential is bigger. And it seems like you'd need to export a whole lot of stuff to have enough of an effect on the supply to make the prices rise.

I'll suggest it, though. As long as they don't start trading those minerals to a planet that has lots of mineral resources AND good prices (I have a survey underway on such a planet right now).

Oh and there are just beyond my operating range several planets with Plentiful resources and over 50/unit prices for Minerals.

I should just probably get into the economics manipulation business too.
                      Last edited by Kassiopeia; September 14, 2007, 07:22.

Comment

The people using my planets as resource centers dont mind

And i have historical basis for this one. No one ever blamed kings for DLing multiple countries
                        Last edited by Kataphraktoi; September 14, 2007, 08:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh

Well I'm not so sure about that. Religion income grows very slowly but I'm sure it'll be massive it you have more than half of a planet following your religion.
                          I would hope so. It helps that I moved my HQ to a prosperous planet with a large population, so the starting 0.5% worth of converts is worth more. Do you know if the tenets of the religion have any game effect?

Comment

I am in a very dense region of the galaxy, the planet i started on already had 20+ builds...

Interesting post RE techs on the forum there

But I have to say that Domitius and I did not succeed in this on every planet. My best world was Velouria which gave me technology incomes like 192 solar a day. There were around 40 hi-tech facilities (complex size) there I think. With a ratio of 1 hi tech:3 research you can stimulite the demand that it equales the production. With a 1:4 ratio the demand will grow more then the production. My experience on Velouria was that even I had a 1:5 ratio or higher ratio (I had to compensate other people their unsupported Hi-techs) I was still able to have a netto profit of 60 solar a day. This was netto profit was income - maintenance costs of all technology facilities.

With other words....work together and you can make a tech paradise on every planet with in the end insane high profits.

Comment

But those free rider problems always get in the way
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Well I've got some planets that are out of range of other tech houses and where all the local merchantile houses are my friends, so I'm going ahead with making some tech utopias

I've been loaning out a good bit of money to people, but there's only one pollytubby in my area
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X