Nice Mass Effect preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flash9286
    First review is in, Game Informer gave it a 9.75. A quarter of a point taken off because of balance issues with combat.

http://www.n4g.com/ViewImage-O74430-I74437.aspx
    More reliable reviews will be in soon - not sure how much this adds over the better previews.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      If Mass Effect isn't a great game it's probably the most overhyped game ever, including Halo 3.
      Mass Effect is no where near the hype-fest of Halo 3, most of my friends who own 360s don't even know about Mass Effect, and I haven't really seen any promotion for it expect in gaming mags and sites.

More reliable reviews will be in soon - not sure how much this adds over the better previews
      I'm not sure what your getting at Spike.
      Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

The game looks great but I don't rate Game Informer very highly, so I'm still waiting for some better reviews (in review quality rather than score) to come in.

Comment

Seth Green is one of the voice actors?

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
            Mass Effect is no where near the hype-fest of Halo 3, most of my friends who own 360s don't even know about Mass Effect, and I haven't really seen any promotion for it expect in gaming mags and sites.

There was more advertising for Halo 3, but the advertising and previews and such for Mass Effect are significantly more ambitious, e.g. that the world is as engrossing as Star Wars. Moreover, Halo 3 has already demonstrated that it's a good game, so most of the advertisement isn't undeserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              There was more advertising for Halo 3, but the advertising and previews and such for Mass Effect are significantly more ambitious, e.g. that the world is as engrossing as Star Wars. Moreover, Halo 3 has already demonstrated that it's a good game, so most of the advertisement isn't undeserved.
              There hasn't really been that much advertising for Mass Effect other than on gaming sites and inside gaming mags, neither of which the average gamer cares about. I think for the interested gamer Mass Effect has higher expectations than Halo 3 had, but for the average gamer Mass Effect isn't even in the same league as Halo 3 when it comes to expectations and appeal.
              Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Why would I care about the average gameer?

Comment

I didn't say you should, I was just making my case of why Mass Effect isn't being hyped as much as Halo 3 was.

Comment

Which is quite clearly true.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                      Seth Green is one of the voice actors?

I don't find that a negative but Billy West is also one of the voice actors and that's a huge plus.
                      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                      New faces...Strange places,
                      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Working...
                      X