No announcement yet.

Nice Mass Effect preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple. 1) I don't build a PC to play one game. I build a PC to play ALL games. I don't own a console, so all 50+ of the games I have are for the PC. I'm going to have a good PC anyway; it's just the way I am.
    2) I do other things with my computer.

However, given that I've invested this much into a good computer, good monitor, good speakers, desk, printer, scanner, chair, et al, I don't see the need for a console. And yes, while the list Spike posted are all things I could play if I bought a 360, none save Mass Effect are things I WANT to play. Thus, it would be buying a console to play 1 game. I'd rather wait for the port. I have the PC already.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Ok that's fine. Just don't whinge when I am waxing lyrical about how great the game is and you get all green eyed.

Comment

I don't see how you can not want to play good games.

I've got all the consoles and the PC. Most PC games are rubbish compared to the stuff on consoles now, and the good PC games tend to make it to consoles anyway as well.

And you can use your good monitor, speakers, desk, chair while using consoles. As for why printer and scanner are involved in this thread, I can answer only this: desperation in argument.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I actually have a better sound system, more comfortable set up, and better TV in the lounge, where my Xbox is.

Increasingly this means I choose to play multi-platform games on the Xbox.

Comment

"5. The aiming reticules for each of the various guns are different.

6. You don't have to "aim" per se to shoot enemies, just point your gun in the enemies' general vicinity and raid for the reticule to change color."

Spikey help me, as the only FPS Ive played is Half Life, but these sound like features that were in Half Life. What am I missing?
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Because if it doesn't interested me, it doesn't really matter how good it is. I don't like hip hop, so no matter how many awards an artist wins I'm not going to buy his albums. Some games appeal to me, and I play those. Some don't, and I don't. The vast majority of the ones I want come out on PC, and I play them there. So far, there has not been a single game I truly wanted to play that has failed to make it to the PC. There are a few I would play if they made it and have not, but nothing I REALLY wanted to play.

Halo made it to the PC, several years later but it did. KOTOR made it to the PC. Splinter Cell did. I can't think of any others that came out only on consoles at first that I considered buying the console and rejected the idea.
              Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

, and the good PC games tend to make it to consoles anyway as well.
                Total Wars? Paradox games? Combat Mission?

Even Age of Empires? (yeah, AoK for DS, changed to TB for crying out loud)
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Quillan

Because if it doesn't interested me, it doesn't really matter how good it is. I don't like hip hop, so no matter how many awards an artist wins I'm not going to buy his albums.
                  That would prove you an eevil snob, and not a REAL music lover

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Total Wars? Paradox games? Combat Mission?

Even Age of Empires? (yeah, AoK for DS, changed to TB for crying out loud)
                    I don't like any of those games. Go figure.

Dreadfully boring, they are. AOE2 was good though.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Quillan

Because if it doesn't interested me, it doesn't really matter how good it is. I don't like hip hop, so no matter how many awards an artist wins I'm not going to buy his albums. Some games appeal to me, and I play those. Some don't, and I don't. The vast majority of the ones I want come out on PC, and I play them there. So far, there has not been a single game I truly wanted to play that has failed to make it to the PC. There are a few I would play if they made it and have not, but nothing I REALLY wanted to play.

Halo made it to the PC, several years later but it did. KOTOR made it to the PC. Splinter Cell did. I can't think of any others that came out only on consoles at first that I considered buying the console and rejected the idea.
                      Isn't it kind of obvious that you don't pay much attention to the console space to know which games you could like?

Comment

I've got all the consoles and the PC. Most PC games are rubbish compared to the stuff on consoles now, and the good PC games tend to make it to consoles anyway as well.

And you can use your good monitor, speakers, desk, chair while using consoles. As for why printer and scanner are involved in this thread, I can answer only this: desperation in argument.
                        And, if you have a wii, you can surf the internet.

Comment

PS3 is the better choice for that.

Comment

PS3 is the better choice for that.
                            360 failure

Comment

No, 'cause it's retarded either way.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                                "5. The aiming reticules for each of the various guns are different.

6. You don't have to "aim" per se to shoot enemies, just point your gun in the enemies' general vicinity and raid for the reticule to change color."

Spikey help me, as the only FPS Ive played is Half Life, but these sound like features that were in Half Life. What am I missing?
                                Not sure what Mass Effect will be like from the previews, but my reading was that it would place less emphasis on aiming skills than a full on FPS like HL.

This wont necessarily be a major innovation in any case (which I think is what you are trying to get at) but I don't really see why that matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X