No announcement yet.

Nice Mass Effect preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you want a turn based rpg on the wii?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Why would you want nice graphics on the Wii?

How could you get nice graphics on the Wii?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why would you not want nice graphics on the Wii?
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

A good question. Ask the people buying Wii games.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I have, the answer I got back was
            OMG!! graphics don't matter I get to swing around a little stick looking thing man, it fells like I'm actually in the game, omg this is so much better than good graphics.
            who knew.

Comment

It takes all sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                How could you get nice graphics on the Wii?
                Thus the I thought that part was obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
                  Assassin's Creed on the PC got pushed back to early 08.

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/news...searchid=17532
                  Wha..???
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

New mass effect video. Can't wait till Nov.

Comment

It's going to be tough to squeeze it in but I'll have to make time I think.

Comment

Some impressions:

1. The first hour of the game is amazing.

2. Whoever turned off the 360 when they got to the Citadel part of the demo is a jerk.

3. Biotic Powers are NOT to be confused with the Force (please don't sue, Lucas Arts)

4. The gameplay feels like Gears of War in places, but the constant pausing to bring up the command wheel gives it a more strategic pace.

5. The aiming reticules for each of the various guns are different.

6. You don't have to "aim" per se to shoot enemies, just point your gun in the enemies' general vicinity and raid for the reticule to change color.

7. You can set how your allies' AI uses their powers automatically. You can set them to not use their powers at all unless you tell them to, use only healing/support powers, or use whatever powers they want at their own discretion.

8. The command wheel interface is very easy to use.

9. The AI of your squad mates is so good that they can hold their own in a fight.

10. The side quests all seem to be tied somehow into the story or relevant to it somehow, so that when you do side missions you don't feel like you're just doing some silly fetch-quest (well that answers my question about the side-quests )

11. The music is AWESOME! It sounds like a 70s sci-fi movie.

12. The optional graphics filter makes things look smoother and, at times, more life-like. However, not everyone may like it. They commented that you may turn it off at first and, after playing with it off for a while, decide that the game actually looks better with it on. It's basically up to personal taste.

Comment

It's coming out same time on the PC, right

Darn Microsoft and their idiotic "exclusives" :grrr:

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                            It's coming out same time on the PC, right
                            No. It's the first of a trilogy of Xbox 360 games, with episodic XBL content to download inbetween each game.

It may come to the PC, but much much later.

Comment

I know, hence the sad face afterwards

Comment

You know what the solution is.

Comment

Working...
                                X