World of Warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sn00py
    Odd. When I first played WoW (that was the month WoW was released), most people were going for anything BUT the hunter, now you're saying a lot of people go for the hunter? If so - why!?

I am a true-blue hunter/ranger/scout kind of guy, any game I play, where there is this type of character, I will choose it instantly, nothing else interests me.

Also strange is that most poeple on my server (Dath'Remar) appear to be Shamans, not Hunters. (As far as Hordes go anyway)
    not true on my server.

I see many, many ne hunters, along with orc, troll, and tauren. I'm an orc hunter myself.

Saw a level 70 shaman in Orgimar just now. I do see them, just not that much.

I'd say I see warriors most of all, followed by shaman.

Comment

• wasted some numnuts last night trying to attack Brill. Hunting humans is always so much better than the ai. If they had ganged up on me perhaps they would have had a chance. I admit, I was a higher level than them. They were in their late 30's, I was 51. Instead one froze dead in his tracks after seeing me dismount. Another fled. I have humanoid tracking, so I eventually took em both out.

It's nice, because usually I can't do anything when crossroads gets hit because the raiding party is so large. I like it when only 2 mid level noobs try to attack a city.

Comment

• Nothing can escape the hunter

And Dis, you have pointed out one major flaw in WoW. And that is that you already know whether you can win or not just by looking at the level. Yes there is skill involved and maybe even luck, but all in all, a lvl50 vs's 2 lvl 30's is not fair, and it is that certaintity that down-plays the potential fun WoW could have. This is why I am looking forward to Conan, because the fighting is majorly skill based, and minorly (is that a word?) level based. Well, at least as far as I can tell anyway.
        be free

Comment

• "Skill based" MMORPGs aren't very fun. Look at WW2 Online...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I have never played it, did they implement it well?
            be free

Comment

• what about d and d online? I think that was supposed to have some "moves" you can do. Though not as much skill based as ww2 online. I think my brother played both. He's more into mmorpg's. In fact, I don't like any of them except for wow (only played 2 though). I think there was a way you were supposed to aim for specific parts of the body in d&d online.

And yes there is skill involved. You have to be fast, and quickly think which skills/spells to use in which situation. Yeah you don't have to "aim", but you have to know what you are doing.

I got owned by a shadow priest today. . I didn't look at his gear, but I doubt it mattered. Thinking back, I can't think of a single strategy I could use to defeat him. Though in 6 levels as a beast master I will get an ability to prevent from being feared. I should of checked the combat log, I always forget that. I'm not even sure what happened. I think he layed a dot on me then feared me. It was all a blur after that. . He was 1 level lower than me as well.

My rogue got pwnd by another rogue a few days ago. Though that one was twinked out with many blues and a purple item. All I had was green quest rewards and whatever daggers I could find in the AH. I may give rogue another try and go with a sword. But that will be a long way off, if ever (depending on if I get bored of this game).

I do get bored at times, and have to take a break. But I really want to at least get one char to 70.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sn00py
                Odd. When I first played WoW (that was the month WoW was released), most people were going for anything BUT the hunter, now you're saying a lot of people go for the hunter? If so - why!?
                Understanding of skills and talents has improved, and nerfs/buffs to overpowered/underpowered skills and talents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                  what about d and d online?
                  It's not very good.

Guild Wars is the most skill based online RPG, and it's not an MMO.

Some will no doubt claim that some open PvP games like Eve score highly too.

Comment

• yeah I see how the level is important. Even if it is 2 against 1. My pet alone can take out lower levels. Just got a kill 2 minutes ago. I did use a concussive shot to slow him down, though I didn't need to. I didn't shoot any other arrows, no need to waste them. My pet rocked his world. Poor guy.

I almost feel bad.

Speaking of, does anyone know where I can find good bows? I have given up on the AH, it's all low level stuff. I did find a high level (51) gun, so I bought my first gun. I'm going to train in thunder bluff right now. And then I get to take it out in the field. wish me luck.

Comment

• Ima Hunter too! Level 46 Nightelf.
                      Also started a Human Rogue recently, at lvl 23 now.
                      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• got lots of kills yesterday raiding a town. pretty fun. wild and chotic. There's people everywhere. We eventually got overwhelmed. There was just too many of them.

I don't feel comfortable raiding until I'm level 70. I got pwnd by a level 70 hunters pet. . In the beginning there were only a couple level 70's. We took them out by ganging up on them. But word got out, and all their friends came. Had at least 2 70 hunters come. Along with at least 10 more.

I know I've been playing too much when I'm using words like pwnd.

I got lots of honor. so what do I use it for? Okay it's not that much. but I'm curious how much it takes to buy stuff.

The cycle is kind of silly. We raid them, they raid us. A neverending cycle. Though when they raid us, no one ever comes to defend. We just let them have crossroads until they get tired. The problem is there's like 80% alliance on our server. But yet, horde wins battlegrounds most of the time from what I heard.

Comment

• I bought the 14 day trial version of WoW today. My home computer can't handle it, but my work computer (laptop) can, just not sure if my work computer will let me around the firewall to actually play it (and even if it does, my actual play time at work will be limited to non-office hours).

Still not sure this is my type of game, but I guess I may find out soon enough.

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Anyone here going by the char name Apollyon? . Had to do a double take. No T, but pretty close.

my computer handles it well, it has lots of ram (2 gigs) even though my video card failed last year. Doesn't need a state of the art video card.

I'm starting to get burned out, it's too much work to get up to 70. But I do want to see what the outlands look like.

Comment

• Just for the hell of it I tried installing on my home computer and received a message something like: "Installer cannot be completed because your processor is too slow" (which I knew when I bought the trial version, but one day I will buy a new computer for home, just not this year.....and probably not next year either ).

/me
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• can anyone tell me how much a flying mount (and training) costs? I just want to get to that point before I quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X