• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one thousand g
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Is that hard to get at level 70? If it is, I'm glad, I'd hate to see everyone just flying around.

What about that end-boss kind of guy, the undead flying person you see at the end of the trailer, how hard is he?
      be free

Comment

• I'm at 55 right now. I lost a lot of time on this hunter quest, which I actually got at 51 or 52. didn't bother to getting around to it until 55.

You are supposed to get 2 pair of perfect courser antlers. From what I read, it's good to not let the courser gore you to get them perfect. A lot of people think that's bs. I've read lots of crazy theories about improving drop rates, but this one seems to be legit.

I used scare beast, concussive shot, sick pet, put all my most damaging shots on them, and it worked. The times where the courser did attack me or my pet, I couldn't get perfect antlers.

And then I spent over an hour getting 6 scales. That was a bad drop rate. Not good grinding either as I was in the water most of the time, making things slow.

Sometimes I can get in a groove, and knock out a whole bunch of quests at once. I did that with ungoro crater. I brought lots of ammo, as there's no place to buy any there. Inventory space was a problem, had to drop a lot of items.

I tried to knock out as many quests at once. I think I did almost all the quests in that areas in 4 hours or so.

I need to do that for the burning steppes now. Getting hard to solo though, you need groups for a lot of this end game stuff. Most of my guild is not my level.

I could do western plaguelands, but this one mob mage messed me up. I didn't die, but couldn't believe I came that close. I'm so used to not even watching my health, as it almost never goes down (pet takes all the damage).

I dropped some stamina gear for more agility, I'm wondering if that was wise.

and maxing out leatherworking is turning into a major pain in the ass.

and I have no money. . 300g is what I have. not even close to 1000.

I read guides about grinding and getting 200g a day. This guy was getting this for elemental earth? not sure if that's legit. my elemental earth doesn't seem to go for much.

and I couldn't get my elemental fire to sell.

I hate grinding, and don't want to do it. for gold or for levels.
        Last edited by Dis; May 21, 2007, 02:41.

Comment

• If you have BC, you sohuld definitely do BC at level 58. It speeds up your leveling a lot, which actually makes it go faster than it is going now.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• the thread in ot reminded me to post a picture of my blood elf. yes there's this whole issue of guys playing female chars, not sure about that. I have several female chars. but I play the guys the most. They just feel right.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
              I bought the 14 day trial version of WoW today. My home computer can't handle it, but my work computer (laptop) can, just not sure if my work computer will let me around the firewall to actually play it (and even if it does, my actual play time at work will be limited to non-office hours).

Still not sure this is my type of game, but I guess I may find out soon enough.

* Sparrowhawk
              Playing WoW at work sucks on so many levels. Take your lap top home and play it there.

Comment

• my paladin. humans have bigger boobs. . But overall the blood elf is cuter. humans seems so plain. I should have gave her longer hair. I don't know what I was thinking. And for some reason I like white skin on the females (my undead female is really white ).
                Attached Files

Comment

• holy crap my pally is poor. she only has 59 silver.

pathetic. blacksmith is an expensive profession, but that's just pathetic. She has a crap weapon and shield, crap armour.

The quest rewards in the human areas suck. The expansion areas have better quest rewards. I'll have to take her to bloodmyst isle.

Comment

• watch out, I'm on a screenshot binge. the game runs pretty good with firefox and itunes running in the background. I might have to listen to my music while playing the game. It was kind of distracting though. my pally almost died. . but it's been a long time since I played her, can't remember how to play a pally.

this guy is pretyt cool. how do they get the symbols above the letters. I see all kinds of weird ****. must be finns or some crazy european like that.

this dude is pretty cool looking. I want his screen name.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• yes I'm really bored right now. might as well get all of them for completeness sake.

edit: you aren't seeing my undead female mage naked. it's pretty nasty. I think all my other chars are men. I might have a gnome female warlock. Gnomes aren't very attractive, unless you are into midget sex.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Dis; May 21, 2007, 03:34.

Comment

• so how do swords work with rogues. noob question. now I loaded up my rogue, I want to play her.

I assume you put it in your main hand. But what do you use in your off hand? A sword or a dagger? Perhaps I'm getting rules of other games mixed up here (which required a smaller weapon in the off hand). I like ambush, but that requires a dagger.

I already paid the money to respec my talents. haven't put any points into anything yet.

edit: the poison quest (horde) is impossible! Hence the name of the quest I suppose. I might be able to do this with some flash powder. But I'll probably just wait a couple levels. I do need to remember to buy flash powder. I forgot.
                        Last edited by Dis; May 21, 2007, 06:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sn00py
                          Nothing can escape the hunter
                          Lol this reminds me of one of my Druid tails.

I was like late lvl30's I think, minding my own business in STV. This lvl60 alliance hunter comes along but first thing I know of it is Mark of Doom appearing above me head, I dash the hell out of there and go cheetah and run along the road, but he's mounted up and catches up and after repeating this shoot-lose me-remount process (the incompetent git) a concussive shot stun proc finally ends my escape attempt (in fairness I was unreasonably good at playing the Druid and escaping ganks).

I was feeling pretty vengeful because I'd been co-operating with some alliance players just a little before, so I send out my broadcast for vengeance and set to tracking down this hunter with stealth cowlion form Track Humanoids, I find him nearby at the raptors where apparently he's come to help a lvl40ish Alliance Warrior do some quests. So I prowl around the raptors (tricky being a bit too low level) and keep them in sight (I also snuck in some quick skinnings of their kills ).

I was in luck with the vengeance department because 3 bored Horde come to help me, 2 lvl60 Rogues and a lvl60 Warrior.
                          What followed was basically brutal undignified rape with the rogues simultaneously backstabbing both alliance dogs (there's something joyous about multiple rogues slinking around completely unsuspecting enemy) and the Tauren warrior rides in and dismounts in the middle to make sure the hunter don't go anywhere while the rogues turn him into kibble oh yeah there's some moonfire spam too .
                          We then spawn camp them for a while, track humanoids coming in handy to get the drop on them right as they spawn. Eventually they give up trying to revive. I bet that hunter was pleased he took the time out of his busy schedule to gank me .

(PvP servers = so freaking fun!)

I played a Rogue later in my WoW career and took great pleasure in murderizing every hunter I came across (or at least, who failed to see me first), my favorite technique was sapping the hunter and murdering his pet (out of pure spite, really) then doing a quick dance (female troll ftw) and restealthing before turning the hunter into kibble, typically at a leisurely pace since Rogue w/Crippling vs Hunter, at close range, is just not at all fair , not to mention all those nice stuns and the ability to vanish and RE-sap the hapless sod to get another quick dance in, or hell, even let him run away with a sliver of life wondering when I'll kill him, ah man torturing hunters was good fun. I seem to recall that taking on a +6 hunter was easy enough if he wasn't paying attention, and the lower level ones were play time for the rogue (oh yeha the other reason for killing the pet, when he respawns he then has to stand still to resummon the pet, and while doing that, *SAP* bwahahahah)

Part of my malicious intent towards Hunters was due to being harrassed by them in one Druid, I could actually typically escape most hunters (root and dash or whatever), but a marksman hunter = the druids worst enemy. Otoh if I could get the drop on them I could hibernate their pet then close into range with Feral Charge, with things generally going down hill for the hunter from there. But the rogue was more satisfying with Sap+Dance .

Comment

• Originally posted by Sn00py
                            Is that hard to get at level 70? If it is, I'm glad, I'd hate to see everyone just flying around.

What about that end-boss kind of guy, the undead flying person you see at the end of the trailer, how hard is he?
                            money is much easier to get. you'll have more than enough at 70. Now the 5,000g epic mount is another story.

If you mean Illidan, he isn't even in the game yet. He's being patched in with 2.1 in the Black Temple 25 man raid.

I'll never see him though.

Kinda funny that the main ad for the game isn't even in yet..
                            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

• My understanding is that no RAID guild has even completed the game to that point yet...

My roommate, who got to level 70 a couple weeks ago, hasn't even started raiding yet, and generally only a couple guilds in the server have any significant advance.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• right. the content isn't being missed by anyone, since the attunement is quite steep just to get the priviledge to zone in to it when it comes out. I was just commenting.
                                While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Working...
                                X