• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
    Tauren's get a 5% HP bonus.

JM
    Oh ok, I was not aware. Cool

What about the other races, what are their bonuses?
    be free

Comment

• Wow you guys are noobs. You guys know that I really only played over the course of a couple months...

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• You're kinda showing your obsessiveness JM.
        be free

Comment

• Yeah, I need to quit the two I am playing now... then I will be free!

EVE and LOTRO. I enjoy both of them, haven't played them for almost a week though, and haven't palyed EVE seriously for over a month.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Eve looked kinda interesting, just wasn't my type of game.

Wow is more casual, and not as hard core. And I like that. I'm more of a casual gamer.

Played my hunter some more last night. It's amazing what taking a little time off from a character can do. Now I'm into playing him again. . I'll be leaving town for a few days though, so I won't get a chance to play.

I'm going for the big 60. I'm 57 right now. Rest bonus is the only way to go. . Levelling without it seems so slow. I had almost 2 levels worth of rest bonus. I still haven't used all of it. I think I have about 1/3 a level to go (as of last night, I'll have more now).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
              Eve looked kinda interesting, just wasn't my type of game.

Wow is more casual, and not as hard core. And I like that. I'm more of a casual gamer.

Played my hunter some more last night. It's amazing what taking a little time off from a character can do. Now I'm into playing him again. . I'll be leaving town for a few days though, so I won't get a chance to play.

I'm going for the big 60. I'm 57 right now. Rest bonus is the only way to go. . Levelling without it seems so slow. I had almost 2 levels worth of rest bonus. I still haven't used all of it. I think I have about 1/3 a level to go (as of last night, I'll have more now).
              57? If you find you like this game, buy the XPak and head to outland at 58.
              While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

• Yeah 55-60 was only ever bearable because you could double up with getting some of the easier 5 man instance gear.

Comment

• What do you mean double up?
                  While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

• I have a guy right now kneeling before me begging for gold. (20 silver actually- that seems to be the usual begger price).

I'm tired of beggers.

I'm poor for my level, I'm going to have a hard time affording epic mounts. I won't be able to afford a regular flying mount

Comment

• Dis, 58.....outland...gold overfloweth.

Comment

• that's what I keep hearing. but I feel like I'm missing out on part of the game if I leave whole areas unexplored.

Still not done with Winterspring. haven't done hardly anything in burning steppes. And I just started doing quests in Silithis. I'm 58 now.

And one minor little question. How exactly do I get to the outlands? . where is the portal?

Comment

• The portal is in southern blasted lands.

There are areas that will be unexplored since getting to 60 doesn't need every zone, just most of them.

I guess you're right though.

Comment

• Originally posted by vee4473
                            What do you mean double up?
                            Well you could get XP whilst getting endgame gear. You tend not to notice the slow XP gain if you are spending time getting gear you would have had to spend at level 60 anyway.

Comment

• I am now level 14 and have moved my "home" Inn to Darkshore as I have completed all the quests in Tessadril (I think? ).

Starting to think about next week now, I have been playing for a week and a half, quite a bit so far (too much my girlfriend would say) and my 2 week trial is about to expire......on tuesday? Question now is whether or not to pay to renew. And if I do decide to pay to keep it, how to go about doing so. (I don't use paypal or any similar service, and hate the concept of using my credit card for an online purchase). Either way, will my account remain even if I let it expire on Tuesday? (if say I decided in a month to start paying for it?)

But now back to the game...........before leaving Tessidril I decided to finish the last two (three?) quests I had left undone. When I went back to do one of them, which was an "elite" quest with a level 9 Mob, I finished it easily, whereas I had assumed as an elite quest I would be unable to complete it regardless of my level. Is there a safe amount to attempt "elite" quests solo? Say 3 levels above the mobs, or 5 levels, or.....?

Also, while I was there I saw a level 8 player approach by themself, so I watched them enter combat and assisted them to defeat the mob. They didn't ask for my help so was I violating some ingame etiquette or is it usually accepted if you help out others? I have had others help me a couple times before, and I have assisted others before, in this case I particularly assisted as I think he would have died without me (he was going hand to hand and took a lot of damage even with my help from a distance).

/me
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I never did the trial account, so i'm not sure but I would assume they save your character probably not indefinitely like a subscribers character though. I'd call them and see.

You can also buy game time cards at stores in 1-2 month blocks and use those instead of a credit card.

For quests, "generally" the color of the quest is an indicator of difficulty. But, yeah, most elite quests are soloable a few levels higher. Some higher level elite quests may still need a group even if you are a few levels higher. You just gotta feel out what needs to be done and go from there.

Usually, help is appreciated. I mean, they are still getting credit fot the kill and quest with or without your help. I have jumped in before when one or 2 guys were getting beat down by an elite they thought they could handle. Usually I do like you and just sit back to see if they can handle it and only jump in if it looks bad.

Of course, you could always just ask them if the want help.

Comment

Working...
                                X