No announcement yet.

World of Warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My advice is not to start raiding until you have your epic mount unless you really want to raid.

I lost about 2000g that I had gained from questing and selling things in the two months I raided Kara and Gruul.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by vee4473

money is much easier to get. you'll have more than enough at 70. Now the 5,000g epic mount is another story.

If you mean Illidan, he isn't even in the game yet. He's being patched in with 2.1 in the Black Temple 25 man raid.

I'll never see him though.

Kinda funny that the main ad for the game isn't even in yet..
      He'll be there by the next expansion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
        My advice is not to start raiding until you have your epic mount unless you really want to raid.

I lost about 2000g that I had gained from questing and selling things in the two months I raided Kara and Gruul.
        how did you lose the money? buying items needed for the raids?

Comment

• okay so I saw this rogue with a sword in his off hand (and a dagger in his right). I did inspect on him because his sword was glowing (I assume it was enchanted). Then he challenged my rogue (naked blood elf pictured above) to a duel.

I was a higher level, so I made short work of him. Actualle we never finished. He fell off the zeppelin tower trying to get away from me. . Then the zeppelin came and we had to go.

I guess I'll have to do the trial and error method. I was going to buy a sword. but these numnuts have level 14 swords up for 5 g. . no way I'm paying that much. I'll wait for a drop.

The thing is, I kind of like my daggers. I love getting crits on mutilate. buwahahah. All this after I spent 1g to respec. I still haven't spent the points except to put 5 points in the talent that improves crits. No matter what spec I go, I'm going to want the crit improvement.

I love the sound the humanoid npc's make when I crit them 3 times in a row. awhh, awhh, awhh. It's just more satisfying hearing it 3 times in a row instead of just once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis

how did you lose the money? buying items needed for the raids?
            Repairs, buying vials for pots, buying things for rep with Aldor, buying mats for enchants, etc

I was also a tree druid for a while which meant I couldn't grind at all.

When I switched to balance/resto things were much easier, but there were still heavy costs to everything.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
              Playing WoW at work sucks on so many levels. Take your lap top home and play it there.
              Understood, but playing at home brings with it a new set of problems.

My laptop at work in on a network server, and setting it up for my home DSL connection will take some changes that I am not sure I am technically gifted enough to make (I think I have even done it before, just not sure what to do, and how to undo it again on Monday morning ).

My girlfriend at home think I already spend too much time on the computer, bringing my work computer home to play a game will not go over well (though she also thinks I spend too much time at work, so spending more time there will also not go over well ).

Being limited to play at work will by necessity limit my play time, and if the game is as adictive as you all seem to indicate, perhaps some forced limitations are a good thing.

My choice may come down to whether or not I can get around the firewall at work. If not, my choice may be made for me.

/me
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

okay so I saw this rogue with a sword in his off hand (and a dagger in his right). I did inspect on him because his sword was glowing (I assume it was enchanted). Then he challenged my rogue (naked blood elf pictured above) to a duel.

I was a higher level, so I made short work of him. Actualle we never finished. He fell off the zeppelin tower trying to get away from me. . Then the zeppelin came and we had to go.

I guess I'll have to do the trial and error method. I was going to buy a sword. but these numnuts have level 14 swords up for 5 g. . no way I'm paying that much. I'll wait for a drop.
                Dis, there is only ONE way to get decent equipment
                The largest Wrath of the Lich King Classic site, featuring detailed guides, news, and information including class guides, profession guides, Best in Slot guides, a quest database, talent calculator, and more.

Search for weapons (blue, typically) in your level range (item level not req level because all quest weapons are req level 1). Then hunt down those quests, the comment section for an item almost always has a walkthrough.

From playing my Rogue I remember two good easy weapons:
                Wingblade from main Wailing Caverns quest.

Outlaw Sabre VERY SEXY lvl30ish quest sword which can be solo'd at lvl26+ if you are skilled!

Also in the wailing cavern Leggings of the Fang drop from a boss who is easy to solo with a good Rogue, they are ugly but NICE STATS!.

With good thottbot abuse you can be really "twinked" without actually needing a higher level toon to twink you.

Not to mention how much %^#@ing fun it is getting those items as a Rogue, it's like cheating it's so easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

Understood, but playing at home brings with it a new set of problems.

My laptop at work in on a network server, and setting it up for my home DSL connection will take some changes that I am not sure I am technically gifted enough to make (I think I have even done it before, just not sure what to do, and how to undo it again on Monday morning ).
                  It should be pretty easy to set up - you need one piece of RJ45 cable to go between your router and your laptop.

You might not even have to change settings.

Comment

• new patch is out.

first immediate change that I can spot is mend pet is now intant cast heal over time. it's no longer channeled. Hunters mark is improved as well.

It would take me days to read over this changes list. . I just can't micromanage my game in this way. This is why I don't think I'll ever get to the big end game content. I just can't play that way. I just want to play and have fun. I'm not into work.

Speaking of end game content, they added the black temple with that one dude you guys were talking about before.

Comment

new patch is out.

first immediate change that I can spot is mend pet is now intant cast heal over time. it's no longer channeled. Hunters mark is improved as well.

It would take me days to read over this changes list. . I just can't micromanage my game in this way. This is why I don't think I'll ever get to the big end game content. I just can't play that way. I just want to play and have fun. I'm not into work.

Speaking of end game content, they added the black temple with that one dude you guys were talking about before.
                      yeah, this patch is a big one. I'm downloading it as we speak.

I mean, I quit.
                      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

• all the servers are down right now due to a restart. When they say 15 minutes they really mean 30 minutes to 1 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by vee4473

yeah, this patch is a big one. I'm downloading it as we speak.

I mean, I quit.

You are hooked man
                          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Going well so far, better then I expected actually.

I now have a level 4 Druid and I think I am starting to get the hang of the game mechanics (I am a noob when it comes to games like these, I am more oriented to turn based games where I press enter and then see what happens or text based games where I read what it going on).

Still more that I don't know then I do, but I am figuring it out as it go

/me
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• It aint rocket science.

And another one starts on the slippery slope.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                                It should be pretty easy to set up - you need one piece of RJ45 cable to go between your router and your laptop.

You might not even have to change settings.
                                You make that sound easy, now if only I can ask a question without sounding like a total idiot.

At work I am on a network, so modem or router required for my laptop computer.

At home I have dsl, and have a single desktop computer connected to it (never had the need for a hub or a router).

How do I use my home connection to have an internet connection on my laptop at home?

It is not as simple as unplugging the dsl and plugging it into the laptop, but I am not sure what I need.

I just hope the above message makes enough sense that I don't sound like a total computer idiot. Where's the any key again?

/me

Comment

Working...
                                X