No announcement yet.

BG2 help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I killed the dragon, with normal buffing, no traps.

Just a knock down drag out fight.

I then did the elvish temple. Ive been into the Palace - no one is there, and i got the nuts.

Elthan tells me to go find Irenicus, but where? Back in the temple? Somewhere else in the elvish city? back in Atkhala?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Somewhere in the Elvish city.... but where? Aha! Nuts grow into trees don't they? And magic nuts grow REALLY FAST, right...?
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

ok, I put the stone instruments on the statues, go to the tree, plant the nuts, fight and kill Irenicus.

I go to hell, gather up the tears of Bhaal, at the expense of losing half my party.

So Ive got only myself (level 16 human mage) Imoen, and Minsc.

How, in hell, am I to beat Irenicus in (what i presume is) the last battle? He summons some nasties, has some top protections, oh, and, to open the door, the PC has to be positioned vulnerably in front, or so it appears.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Erm... don't lose half your party?
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
            Erm... don't lose half your party?
            Ok, I could go back to an earlier save and do the whole tree thing again.

Comment

Losing half of your party should be a clue all did not go well.

Comment

you won't be able to do it without your party. Sorry.

Reload time.

The tears are interesting because you have to make some choices. It pays to make the right choice. .

There's a little exploit to one of them so you don't have to lose a party member but still get the bonus.

But that is the final battle. Unless you have the expansion. The expansion does finish the storyline, but it isn't as good imho. It doesn't feel as refined and polished as bg2. It feels rushed. Worth checking out if you have the time. It has a few interface improvements as well.

The final battle isn't easy. The first battle with Irenicus is a cakewalk in comparison. I rarely do it the first time without losing someone in my party (perma death). I can't think of too many strategies right now, it's been too long. But summon everything you can. Deva's (only if you have the expansion pack), skeleton warriors, etc. Use all your wands and potions. Don't be afraid to waste them (something I have trouble with, I tend to hoard and not use wands and potions). Keep trying to bring his defenses down while keep summoning creatures to keep him occupied.

I usually have the rest of the party stay back and have one person open the door. I also like to have the party far away when he casts time stop and imprisonment. Like I said, keep trying to bring his defenses down. Make sure to memorize several spells like breach, ruby ray of reversal, whelding's whip, pierce magic. Dispel magic may work as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  you won't be able to do it without your party. Sorry.

Reload time.

The tears are interesting because you have to make some choices. It pays to make the right choice. .

There's a little exploit to one of them so you don't have to lose a party member but still get the bonus.

But that is the final battle. Unless you have the expansion. The expansion does finish the storyline, but it isn't as good imho. It doesn't feel as refined and polished as bg2. It feels rushed. Worth checking out if you have the time. It has a few interface improvements as well.

The final battle isn't easy. The first battle with Irenicus is a cakewalk in comparison. I rarely do it the first time without losing someone in my party (perma death). I can't think of too many strategies right now, it's been too long. But summon everything you can. Deva's (only if you have the expansion pack), skeleton warriors, etc. Use all your wands and potions. Don't be afraid to waste them (something I have trouble with, I tend to hoard and not use wands and potions). Keep trying to bring his defenses down while keep summoning creatures to keep him occupied.

I usually have the rest of the party stay back and have one person open the door. I also like to have the party far away when he casts time stop and imprisonment. Like I said, keep trying to bring his defenses down. Make sure to memorize several spells like breach, ruby ray of reversal, whelding's whip, pierce magic. Dispel magic may work as well.
                  thanks, Dis, I did reload, and made it to the fight with my full party, but still found the battle hard. I will try your tips. Do you focus on Irenicus and try to ignore the monsters, or do you try to kill the monsters first?

I do have the Xpack.

Though Im pretty keen to be done with this. A good game, but a tad overlong.

Comment

Ahh now I remember the monsters. I did take the monsters out first. If you are lucky Jon will walk away or you can lead him away and take on the monsters. It's good when Jon is away when he casts maze or something like that. It sucks losing a party member. I think what I did was draw the monsters to my party at the bottom of the room (with the person who opens the door). And cast something to keep Jon occupied (monsters summoning etc.). This creates distance between you and Jon Irenicus.

Those monsters will tear your party in half.

I try to put a tank or semi-tank on each one. Fighter, Rogue (unless it's a rogue mage, which is probably what you got), druid, cleric, and your second fighter.

Yeah it's tough for the cleric to go toe to toe, but she has spells to help out. Make sure your cleric does her summons before the battle. Remember the cleric can summon undead while the mage summons creatures. Use wands of animal summoning as well. It helps keep Jon occupied while you are fighting the creatures.

Often I just have to reload if I get a bad sequence of spells cast on me and I get a perma death. Imprisonment I think causes permadeath. Maze will unless you have some scroll or something to bring them back (can't remember name). Though you don't have time iirc, as it will do a final save and that's it.

But that's just what I did. I suppose you could try to take Jon out before he gets his defenses up, but that's unlikely. They have those trigger spells (can't remember name) that activate autmatically just about. So that's why I hit the monsters first. Just try to remember to keep sending creatures over to attack Jon. Keep summoning them.

Comment

I finally reset the difficulty level to easy, to get through the fight. It was still tedius, as "the slayer" gets to die several times over, apparently.

They really set you up to play the x pack, which I presume finally wraps up the story.

Comment

Working...
                      X