No announcement yet.

BG2 help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have minsc, you may consider putting him into bezerker mode. That might help protect against some of it's spells/powers.

Comment

i got the balor. Now Im wandering around the Underdark. Did some of the beholder caves, than decided that it was too hard, and, not worth it (IIUC it doesnt advance the plot - and it was getting boring) Now Im doing the mindflayer area, and have helped the Githyanki, and have rescued the prisoners.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

it does advance the plot.

But you have to go to the dark elves city. I believe there are a couple bugs here. Just make sure you have a save just before you enter and start their quests. Don't overwrite that save.

I recommend going there before doing anymore of the beholders or mindflayers. Though at this point, once you enter the mindflayer city you have no choice but to complete it to get out.

just make sure you keep any unusual items you might have found in those places.

Comment

im almost done with the mindflayers, got the circlets, then the mind protection potions.

Ive tried the main brain (?) room twice so far - once without using the potions or buffing, just to see what was there, and then with the potions but without buffing. Now Im going to try with potions, buffing, and some summoned monsters, sword spider, and magic sword to help.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

if it gets real bad, keep most of your party out, send in your best 2 fighters buffed up with the highest ac possible. And of course use the potions. summoned monsters will help too, just to keep the fighters from getting surrounded.

Comment

Ok, Im done with the illithid area. Hit the brain early, which was probably a mistake as the Brain Golems dont seem to appear till you hit the brain, and brain doesnt directly hurt you, but managed to get them all only losing Minsc, whom I "ressed"(?)

So now I guess its on to Drow city? Tried crossing the bridge, keep getting ambushed by teleporting Drow, will have to do it more carefully and fully buffed.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                "ressed"(?)
                Correct.

Comment

Now Im the Drow city. So far so good. My PC seems to be up to his limit in learnable spells though.

Comment

actually I don't think there are any major bugs there. It's just if you mess up a quest, I think the whole city will turn against you. It can be pretty cool at the end. You have a few ways to resolve the situation at the end. The good way, and the evil way. There may be one other solution as well, I can't remember. The evil way is most fun though. They are drow, however. How evil can it be killing them?

Comment

I completed the Drow city. Didnt do any of the major side quests cause 1. They involved some real hard fights Qilues group, and the lich 2. I was getting nervous about Phares insistence on not taking too long. 3. I really want to finish this game already.

I did got the right eggs to the dragon, betraying both of the drow priestesses. But I didnt kill the whole city, I ran fast (i was hasted) at the end.

Now im in a dungeon where the dragon led me. Despite my eagerness to get the game done, I thought id explore it a bit. I got a bunch of kua tua near their temple,who werent hard to beat. But then theres a KT prince, who seems to regenerate really fast, so that the only way to kill him would be with several high level spells hitting all at once. Ive decided to reload and skip him.

Comment

I completed the Drow city. Didnt do any of the major side quests cause 1. They involved some real hard fights Qilues group, and the lich 2. I was getting nervous about Phares insistence on not taking too long. 3. I really want to finish this game already.
                        You mean you aren't having fun?

Comment

You mean you aren't having fun?

Comment

well I wouldnt QUITE say that. I guess Id say that the combat isnt really much fun at this point (not that it was bad, just diminishing marginal returns and all that) , and that may main interest is just seeing how the plot plays out. And that I think some other games would be more fun. But I want to keep focused, ya know.

Comment

I kind of know how it is. You start getting close to the end, and you just want to get there already.

as for the Prince, he is tough, but you can find an item to weaken him. It involves putting blood in that pool or something.

If you really want a tough fight, fight those 4 statues that come to life. You have to figure out how to "waken" them.

Spoiler:
                              you have to cast a summon animal spell of any type and that will trigger the statues to awaken

I can't remember exactly what that does. I think they have cool items. Plus the challenge of the fight. And it is a very tough fight. Summon all you can, move your party back to the doorway to avoid fighting all of them at once.

There are a few more annoying fight sequences coming up. I hate the fights with the dark elves. At that point, I just want to get to the surface already. I've had enough underdark. But you have to get through all these small battles that aren't that hard, just annoying. Eventually you'll get to the surface, and it is nice seeing daylight again. I like the elven camp, and the elven city. Before you go to the elven city you should head back to Amn. I think you have to fight Bodhi again. That will be in the graveyard. You can get allies, but they aren't really needed and will diminish your experience. Bodhi is tough, but not even close to the toughest fight in the game.

At this point you can finish off quests from chapters 2 and 3 you didn't finish. Explore other areas you may have not done. Trademeet is interesting, and has some interesting stuff with druids if you are into the druid stuff. Drnese (sp?) keep. And the hills place. A couple other small areas open up when you get to the surface. No long involved quests there, just a few small quests that are easy to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                                I kind of know how it is. You start getting close to the end, and you just want to get there already.

as for the Prince, he is tough, but you can find an item to weaken him. It involves putting blood in that pool or something.
                                Yup, did that thing with the tainted tadpoles, enabled me to get the prince, who wasnt that mant XP, but had lots of gems on him.

Ive met the Elven bigwig, and will proceed from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X