No announcement yet.

BG2 help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a wonderful ting called "dungeon be gone" (http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/ind...d=98&Itemid=79)

I have not played the game in years but this was a big hit when I discovered it.
    When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

I finally did the mask thingie, got the dragon sword and shield out of the kings tomb, and after a couple of reloads dealth with the gang that suddenly appeared.

But i CANNOT beat Firekraag (?) the dragon.

Seems like the only thing that hurts him are magic missiles, and with only two mages I cant do enough damage before everybody gets killed.

Im gonna just skip killing him and head back to Atkhala and do the main plot. Will there still be any use for the dragon sword and shield, or should I sell them?
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Try removing his resistance?

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Lower Resistance + Magic Missile
          Greater Malison + Finger of Death
          Greater Malison + Harm
          Greater Malison + Feeblemind
          Cloudkill
          Holy Smite

You can hurt him with weapons too, but they probably need to be at least +2.

Comment

i havent seen greater mal, or generic lower resistance - i dont think my level is high enough anyway.

I went back and tried pierce to lower resistance, and this time I was at least able to do more daamge to the dragon before dying.

oh, and almost everybody in my party has +2 weapons or better. Doesnt help much.

So i headed back to atkhala.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Ok, I bought Greater Mal and Lower Resist at the promenade, so im going back out to the dragon.

Comment

I tried most of that, and the best I got was badly injuring the dragon before losing my whole party. Or just the player character.

So I saved it, and decided to go back to the main quest.

I finally managed to kill Tarnova (thanks Jamski) and then LaSalle? What am I supposed to do no, go back to the shadow thief guy? Is there anything else I need to do under the graveyard?

Comment

I found in playing that it was far more effective to give all my good gear to one or two characters Mazzy and my main char, then have Mazzy charge in alone with a super low AC and pretty much destroy everything, then rush the rest of the party in to do clean-up.

Of course for this to work really well you need that cloak of spell turning or whatever it's called. Still, I feel like my squishies have no business being in range of the enemy most of the time.

My just keep hitting it until it dies strategy was generally ridiculed on the BG2 forums though.
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

ive finally gone to spellhold, and am again encountering the no save, no rest bug.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                      I tried most of that, and the best I got was badly injuring the dragon before losing my whole party. Or just the player character.

So I saved it, and decided to go back to the main quest.

I finally managed to kill Tarnova (thanks Jamski) and then LaSalle? What am I supposed to do no, go back to the shadow thief guy? Is there anything else I need to do under the graveyard?
                      This is the hardest battle in the game for me. Even over other supposedly harder battles. Mainly because my party is a fairly low level when I do it. I don't think I have ever won the first time.

Actually I can win sometimes, but end up with pernanently dead people. . Which means a reload.

constant breaches are necessary. It seems like one is not enough and he somehow gets more resistant. ruby ray of reversal I also use (if I'm a high enough level). Along with breach I use lower resistance 3 or 4 times and magic missiles. My cleric summons creatures such as skeleton warriors. Even with all that, it's a ***** of a fight, and will have party members die either way.

Comment

i did the whole spellhold thingie.

generally nice integration of cutscenes and gameplay, though at times bohdis maze got tedious. I did it without a walkthrough or help here, and left a couple of puzzles uncompleted.

I also got out by going with the pirate - did I miss anything big by not doing the portal? I just didnt want to spend more time hunting for gems, i was ready to get out of the dungeon.

The cutscenes/battles on the journey with the pirates are a little dizzying, esp after all the long tedious dungeons earlier.

Now Im in the kingdom of the Jar Jar Binks people, and have just agreed to help the priestess whose on the side of the rebels.

Comment

The portal is just a short cut. If you had taken it you would miss out on the section you are in now.

Comment

yeah that's called the underdark. Dark evles, deep gnomes, mind flayers, and beholders. all the fun stuff.

I used to hate that area, but it's okay. It's just so dark. . It's hard to find your way around at first, and then those annoying portals with the elementals.

Comment

ive done ok with the elementals, and the myconids, and made it to the gnome village. After several reloads a freed the gnome boy from the soul trapper thingie.

But now Im confused. the gnome leader has let me go to defeat some creature, and after that will send me to someone who will, I guess, help me find Irenicus.

But i cant seem to find the passage i need to take. Is it this pit, with a ladder? When I approach it I get a Balor, which I cant seem to defeat. It seems to cast alot of hold spells = maybe free action buffs? Not sure how to kill it, its magic resistance seems very high.

Comment

that's the one you have to kill.

I don't seem to remember having much trouble with it. Doesn't he give you something to help, or advice? I can't remember.

protection from evil maybe? cleric spell.

I think my main strategy was to keep my fighters alive and bash him to death. cast lots of buffs on your fighters, try to hit the balor with high + weapons.

Comment

Working...
                                X