Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia 59: Eyes of a Stranger

MIAMI - 1980

Our story begins with Jane and Tracy, who are two extremely close sisters, living together in Miami. Jane, as the older sister works as an anchorwoman and in her crusade to protect women from violence also protects her sister. Tracy had been molested as a child and subsequently shut down into a semi-catatonic state. She cannot hear or see but she can still walk. Jane has taken care of her teen sister for a long time now, and has no plans to ever relinquish her from her care. She blames herself for the sufferings of her sister, that she was unable to protect her.

Jane has a boyfriend, David, a construction worker whom she sees when she isn't busy taking care of her sister. They are the usual affectionate couple just starting to really get into one another.

Down the hall lives her neighbour Stanley who is rather an untidy slob, who knows David and the sisters and has lived in the same apartment building now for several years just down the hall.

One weekend, David has the idea to crash a party at one of the most prestigious yachting clubs in Miami. Stanley agrees to come along but both need to have company since the party is only for couples. After much cajoling David manages to convince Jane and Tracy to come along for the party.

As they walk down the promenade along the shore, they can see the yachting party going at full blast. David pulls out a pair of binoculars and gives them to Jane to try to identify some of the folks at the party.

Afterwards, David manages to bluff his way past the bouncer, Bud, a very solid hunk of granite, by throwing out a few names that make him seem like a member of the party.

At the party the four dressed to the nines are all trying to fit in with their esteemed colleagues.

Glancing at the invitation list, we have:

Roger and Mona England, are the longest serving yacht club members and chair the organisation. They are an older british couple well acquainted with banking and business.

Dr. Bob Horgan and his wife Becki Horgan are also at the party. Dr. Bob is a very successful orthopedics surgeon while his wife works as a transpant surgeon. They are both Very kind and have excellent bedside manners.

Jeff and Annette Hawkins, are the new money of the club, having done quite well with the recent techology boon. Jeff invented a rather clever computer gadget and got bought out by the big players. His wife Annette came along for the ride and is rather fond of spending her husband's money.

Kitty and Sam Sheridan are southerners where Sam wrote a best seller and doesn't have to work much anymore. Kitty loves her art and favours watercolours.

Along with those invited to the party are the staff that have been hired to cater the magnificant banquet. The most prominent is Stella Rivera, a stunning latina dancer full of passion and charm. All the men are hoping to dance with her and have a hard time keeping their eyes off.

Tending the well stocked bar is a sober Irishman, Dan FitzGerald, who is skilled with the suds and in looking the other way whenever necessary.

The banquet is managed by Jose Baramunde, the waiter who is looking to move up in the world and is rather awkward in his formal wear.

Outside the dock is the Limo Driver, Maurice Chabot. A chain smoking French Canadian, Chabot has seen pretty much everything and brags about even more.

Last, you have Luke Halpin, the camerman who has the knack of poking his nose in the wrong place at the wrong time

Watching over the revellers are the dock crew who don't get to join into the fun while they are on shift.

Tim Sutherland is the harbour police who's beat is to watch for any suspicious activity, particularly smugglers. A young up and comer, he has yet to be worn down by the grind.

His boss is Carl Larson, the police captain, a rather grumpy fellow who's wife left him many years ago. His job gets him out of bed, but otherwise leaves him empty. His best friend over the past few years has been the bottle. He could care less about the rich folks who party on the marina, and the feeling is mutual.

Jacob Cawley is the wharfsman, a tough well-leathered man who loves the smell of the sea and the ships who sail her. He would like nothing more then to live all his days by the harbour.

Finally, you have Matt Laney, the Attendent who is in charge of all the keys and keeping the office straightened for his superiors. Rather bored with his job he prefers sleeping to carrying out his duties.
    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 18, 2006, 19:17.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

And the player list

Code:
    \
    Mrs Tuberski		Jane Harris
    Tuberski		David
    Blondie			Tracy Harris
    Rah			Stanley Herbert

Paddy the Scot		Kitty Sheridan
    Hercules		Sam Sheridan

Rasputin		Roger England
    James			Mona England

DukeOYork		Dr. Bob Horgan
    Leirosa			Dr. Becky Horgan

RubyChaser		Annette Hawkins
    Jonny			Jeff Hawkins

Nikolai			Bud
    Comrade Tassader	Jose Baramunde(Waiter)
    Spaced Cowboy		Tim Sutherland(harbour police)
    Whoha			Matt Laney(Attendent) 
    Sparrowhawk		Maurice Chabot(Limo Driver)
    Grandpa Troll 		Carl Larson(Police Chief)
    Lord Shiva		Jacob Cawley(Wharfsman)
    Adagio			Luke Halpin(cameraman)
    Skanky Burns		Dan Fitzgerald (Bartender)
    Heresson		Stella Rivera (Dancer)
    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 18, 2006, 18:59.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Mafia have been notified.

So swing away folks!

Comment

Its Rah we already know it. The fat slobs are always the killer Im kidding had to get that out in the open since every mafia i have played someone always accuses rah
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

/me knows from years as Chief of Police who to watch and who blends in all too conveniently, Sparrowhawk, he is tired of the life or lack of a Limo driver, bragging because he cant have what aint his for the taking. He is privy to many details and can easily cover his tracks...or so he thinks
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Just to put it in My Threads....
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

Do you dance for the otherside Ben? or you just looking for a good cracken son?
              The Sherrin Foundation in the C4DG SP

Comment

As your Chief of Police, I am "Concerned" and "alarmed" to say the least, about some backgrounds that perhaps don't even come close to existing.

Trace bits and pieces are found, heresy if you will, on a number of our community members.

Lets look at Stanley Herbert. He at first glance fits a stereotypical pervert, knowledged in computer networking, has done some moonlight helping install security systems for many high priced homes in this section of Miami. He cannot be traced prior to 1973, only seven years, like he just walked in from a cloud.

I have seen him and Dan Fitzgerald have long deep and often emotional encounters. Dan is indeed Hot Blooded with his Irish background. He conveniently processes a number of phone calls and sends runners with a variety of messages to a shortlist of people.

I had inquired as to what interaction he, Dan, has had with Roger and Mona England, to which he has denied contact outside serving an occasional drink. Something about the connection seems a tad hard to understand. Maurice Chabot was seen chauffering those three one night last week and then 3 weekends ago as well.

Well, I will check with Tim Southerland to confirm that was what he was told. New faces, new places opening up, monies being spread around, something just doesnt add up.

The good thing about oil and water, it wont mix. If any dirty little secrets are being hid, someone will slip up and then we will have a lead as to what exactly is going on here.

Still, something about Stanley Herbert, like maybe I have seen him before, before he showed his face around here. Time will tell, time will tell.....
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Do you dance for the otherside Ben? or you just looking for a good cracken son?
                  Someone with a name like Blondie shouldn't be commenting on other people's proclivities.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                    * Grandpa Troll knows from years as Chief of Police who to watch and who blends in all too conveniently, Sparrowhawk, he is tired of the life or lack of a Limo driver, bragging because he cant have what aint his for the taking. He is privy to many details and can easily cover his tracks...or so he thinks
                    I suspect you have me confused with someone else suh, I am just a simple man. Happy to keep driving where I am told, when I am told. Never expected any more of anyone else. No one ever expected any more of me. And that's the way I like it.

/me
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Someone with a name like Blondie shouldn't be commenting on other people's proclivities.
                      Seeing as I have a lot of blonde hair, my name has been with me all of my life. Yet you be the one dressing blokes up as women in this story.

Comment

lets jsut play folks. not the first time we have had to play a femal as our characters wont be last either..

--------------------------------------------------------

As the most noble here , being of English descent, my wife and myself are a bit concerned with some of the riff raff at this party.

Might have to stay close the the Security Guard for extra protection

Speaking of my wife , hi honey !!!
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Yes yes, lets play.

I really need a nice scarf for the windy ol' days ahead.

Comment

Your character is deaf and blind and u dont like the fact that ur a girl??? Id trade with ya but my character is a girl to
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

I blessed that I found a scarf to go with my new frock.

Comment

Working...
                              X