FG: Mafia 44 - The Tale of Smokey Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Mafia 44 - The Tale of Smokey Mountain

* A classic paddle steamer pulls up at the dock of the Resort. A large group of passengers and their luggage disembarks. Several have ski equipment, 2 of the younger lads carrying very swish looking snow baords

* They are met by an older chap, yet one obviously very fit and extremely well muscled.

"Hello to you all" he states. Paddy has been otherwise engaged at the moment and asked that I see you all up to the house. Please leave your luggage, we will see that it gets to your rooms. Please take a seat on the trolley cars and we will go.

* Two tractors are there, one with several trailors for people to sit, and the other with 3 baggage cars.

/me greets his new guests at the drive

Welcome to Smokey Mountain

/me leads the guests into the main room

Ok folks take a seat I would like to take you through a few things...

* Several young ladies enter carrying trays of drinks and snacks

Eat up... Ok I would like to introduce you to our regurlar staff:

Harry Groffman - Harry was the doorman when I arrived, and remains in this capacity. He may not be as strong as he once was when the "muscle man" with Griscos Circus, but please know that in 17 years I have not seen him not handle a situation to his satisfaction

Michelle Coltrain - Michelle is a little honey I know, and I am sure you will all treat her and her staff of bar and chamber maids with respect. Michelle is a relative newcomer here, only having been with us these past 5 years.

Nathan Rodger - Nath is our ski instructor, as well as a damn fine cook. He certainly has a skill with a knife and a box of vegies

Talking of cooking, this here is Grandma Charlotte. Granny as we all love to call her was born on these mountains only a few years back. You will all find her more than willing to meet any cullinary requests that you may have.

And here behind Granny we have young Bruce. Bruce looks after the livestock, tends the gardens and his Grannies number 1 assistant. If you here any squels late at night, fear not, it will be Bruce chasing after a chambermaid or two

* Bruce blushes

Well my story is a simple one. 17 years ago me ol' Pa passed to the other world. Much to my surprise the crafty old bugger had a very large share holding in the timber company he managed. Well my cousins and I were quite shocked, but that did not stop us cashing in a few of them shares and heading off on a holiday as I am sure you understand... Nothing like a party in several ports to Honour the Spirit of the old man

Then somewhere along the line we ended up at this small ski resort. A great place, off the beaten track, and mainly accessable over a very that very lake just as it is today. Here we stayed in a nice resort that actually encouraged its visitors to stay extended periods. Some had actually became residents, enjoying the festivities, the skiing in winter and the sailing in summer.

Well to cut a long story short I liked the place so much I mortgaged the inheritance to the hilt and eventually bought the place...

So here we all are... hope you all enjoy the coming weeks here on Smokey Mountain.

The Residents

1. Nikolai
    2. Rah
    3. Ruby Chaser
    4. Duke o' York
    5. Ljube

The Guests

6. Chaunk
    7. Spaced Cowboy
    8. Adagio
    9. Sparrowhawk
    10. Whoha
    11. Joncha
    12. Jon Miller
    13. Illuminatus
    14. Skanky Burns
    15. civman2000
    16. Rasputin
    17. Jaguar
    18. fishsticks
    19. reismark

The Campers

20. Tuberski
    21. SnoopCat
    22. Hercules

People went off to their rooms, others to wander the grounds, some even went out and were on the snow skiing and boarding within the hour. Paradise was once again fulfilling its charter, people were relaxing and happiness was to be found.

The hours passed into late afternoon, Granny was busy in the kitchen preparing the feast of the Seven Doors. A special treat she always worked on for when a new boat load of guests arrived for their 3 week vacation. Young Bruce was busy on the carrots when Granny asked him to go get Ruby down, as it was time him to put the icing on the cake.

You must have realized by now that Ruby is one of my cousins, and he lives here in residence. He stopped working the establishment with me some years ago, yet loves the joint as much as I so lives here fulltime. I must say it is great to have him around, he is a crafty old bugger, and staunch in his resolutions. We be kindred souls that is for sure, but I digress.

Bruce went off to Ruby's suite, but he was not there. bruce then came down to reception, but I had no idea where Ruby was. Next he tried "Black Jack's Bar" (yeah a small card room out the back with a great bar - the perfect place for long card games) Susie was cleaning some glasses, she said Ruby was skiing earlier with her, but she came in as she had some chores.

Next stop for Bruce was the ski shed. Ruby's skiis had not been returned, nor had Nath seen him on the slopes when he was closing the lift.

On hearing all this Nath came and got me, then we organised a search of the house, without disturbing any of the guests, afterall this was their first evening.

With no sign of him, or his ski gear I then got word to Granny to put a hold on dinner, and sent out search parties looking for my cous. People were sent in groups of three and four, on strict instruction to stay together as darkness approached. Each group had at least one local in it. They were all clearly instructed to return upon hearing the foghorn, which I test blasted so our new guests understood.

Within the first hour my cousin Ruby's body was found. Partially covered in snow, and definitly dead. With tears streaking his face Harry carried the body back to the house.

As the search parties returned, they were quietly given the news, and invited into the main room where Granny had laid out hot food and beverages, and the fire raged.

I was shocked and saddened, such a wonderful skiier, a great bloke, what a tragedy.

Then my night got a lot worse, one of the guests had spoken quietly with Nathan, explaining he had medical experiencem and would like to see the body. Nathan quizzed him at length, then finally allowed this to take place.

It was not long after I saw Nathan and a guest leave the main room than Nathan and the guest were back beside me, Nathan explaining that the guest believed that this was no accident, that Ruby was murdered.

This statement stopped my blood cold. Here I am, an old barman from way back, living the dream life and my dear cousin is murdered! "NO" I exclaimed.

Looking up at Michelle, all I could say was "ring the police lass, there is a foul wind upon my mountain, and I want it gone..."

Well this stopped converstation in the room.

In the coming minutes Nathan explained the situation to all and asked that they remain calm, and that they make themselves comfortable. He then sent word to other guests, residents and staff to gather in the main room.

The room then erupted as guests and residents alike all started asking questions and making statements...
    Attached Files
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

but ahh

bugger.
      Long Live The Horde
      Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
      Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

Paddy, can we have some kind of idea who the characters are? I mean with regard to their 'poly usernames.

Also, what kind of smokes are available on Smokey Mountain?

Comment

you be guests in a lodge...

well maybe that was all too hard to work out - and thus why no posts

edit:

Residents would live their fulltime, and have all their personal items etc

Guests are just that, and would have all the items that one would take on a holiday to stay in a resort

Campers, well they would have some camping gear... and some very very warm socks

I honestly thought the above set the scene real well - my error.

I also believed that as most of you have no idea on who each other really is as most of you just arrived, then you would gather more infor as each turn came to light.

my error
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Well I have me Gortex clothing, me gloves and some very thick woolen socks.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Oh and a very cosy thermal tent.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Sorry Paddy, I thought that Michelle and Nathan et al were characters played by polytubbies.

Oops. Nice scenario - let's see what develops!

Comment

cheers lads...

well 1 day almost over and no votes... bring em on folks
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Granny (whoever that is)
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

ok my mistake I see....

the staff are my support caste...

please keep votes to the Residents, Guests and Campers....
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Ah... I see. Adagio then.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Hmm.

Adagio is as good a guess as any, as I can't figure out that for the life of me.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

blah, first time I read that I thought it was some dream sequence, foreshadowing of whats to come... Adagio will regret being the victim of the erst-while beginning of game docpile!

Comment

ADaGio is always the mafia.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X