New Simcity 4 RH game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah, even the perfect pathfinding mod wasn't enough
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

• Yeah, to balance Oceana's budget I'd just eliminate all bus and ambulance funding, and maybe build some new schools/clinics with 0 bus funding. This works out way cheaper.

Also the large schools have a somewhat larger zero bus funding coverage. For example the Large High School busless coverage is nearly large enough to cover an entire island, saving $60 on bus funding. Whats more they are more efficient, with every $ educating about 25% more students. They do cost $7000 vs $1000 tho, it would take about 7-9 years to pay for the upfront cost.

The cons of the larger schools is a larger footprint, the large high school is 2 tiles longer (but no wider, 16 v 24 tiles) and the large elementary school is 1 tile longer and wider (6 vs 12 tiles). When using 0 bus funding it might be better off going 2 small elementary schools since they take half the space, altough a small elementary school can only service about 5 skyscrapers, while a large can take 30 (also the large elementarys require about 10% less funding per student). I don't see any reason to not use the large high schools.

Comment

• The large facility would have to be built at the center of the neighborhood, however, taking up valuable high-customer commercial space. Two smaller schools could be placed off center.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• No actually because the larger schools have a larger radius they can be placed even further away.

Comment

• BTW - Blake, you seem to have significantly messed up the edge on my side. I've already built up the south enough that it would be destroyed if I reconciled, so I'd appreciate it if you'd reconcile your edge to mine Thanks!!
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• That's weird since I've done absolutely nothing to that border other than creating the rail. Now I look at your city, and mine, both want to reconcile ALL the borders with other cities. I guess we just don't reconcile borders in these games.

Comment

• Hmm. Odd... mine only wanted to reconcile with your side, when I opened it ...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• The game does weird things with borders, just don't reconcile.
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• I've just discovered that you can in fact toll pedestrians! Bliss!

Comment

• What is this, Sim Theme Park?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake
                        I've just discovered that you can in fact toll pedestrians! Bliss!
                        That's just plain nuts.

Comment

• Oh the insanity!

Very easy to do, just take a length of mass tranist where Sims are funnelled through (they'll try and avoid a good tollwringing if possible), cut it, build a station on each segment and connect with a C shaped bit of road =).

The sims hop off the train, hop in a taxi (visually all the cars are taxis anyway), go through the toll booths and pay their tolls =). The amount of income you can get off 10K sims is insane...

This is a bit too silly to actually do in my city, except maybe as a joke somewhere, and the funnelling isn't set up properly.

Tho if you want to charge more for your monorail service...

Comment

• Talk about being taken for a ride!

I would imagine this adds considerably to commute time, however.

----------------------------------------------
                            While waiting for the last two updates, been visiting som eof the other cities. Some comments:

Tartarus: If Hell had a factory town this is what it would look like. From the belching stacks to the Sisyphus Homes projects, this sure is not what one'd expect at the heart of the region...

Takeshi Bay: While Tartarus might be dirtier, traffic is far worse in Takeshi Bay, despite it's world-class monorail system. Maybe the lack of bus stops near the industrial station has something to do with it...

Ohnoe: Despite lovingly named housing such as Project Freefall and a brute of a re-educational facility, this city's not all that bad. Getting around is rather expensive, fortunately, with the mixing of zones, long trips aren't that necessary...

Oceania: Home to the world's first amphibuous school buses, this city works quite well. Now that I notice that garbage doesn't cross water without a bridge, perhaps there's a smelly mess back in Elmwood also...

Silicon Beach: Still no silicon, just a bunch of sand and smog. More liveable than the other two industrial powerhouses though...

Floreat: Another nice town, and it looks like a commercial boom is on the horizon..
                            Last edited by :) Smiley; July 23, 2005, 02:10.

Comment

• *bump*

In the interest of keeping things moving, I intend to play 2015 tonight, with or without the last two cities...

Comment

• I won't be able to play anymore untill next week, so don't wait for me.
                                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X