No announcement yet.

Knights of the Old Republic II!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this may be the last KotOR, unless we finally venture into Sith space.

Comment

It can't be the last one. The end of this one virtually screamed SEQUEL SEQUEL SEQUEL.

I think the loot system is slightly broken, too. You get REALLY good loot, and it's pretty random. I got two of Exar Kun's light battle suits off of corpses on the final planet. And you get way too many lightsabers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        It can't be the last one. The end of this one virtually screamed SEQUEL SEQUEL SEQUEL.
        Can't say I am surprised. Still, I'm looking forward to the PC release.

Comment

Wooot!! I hadn't played for a while, so I picked it up again and beat the game! Very nice ending .

Spoiler:
          I was light side, so at the end, I asked about my friends rather than say I want to be like Revan and stay behind. Very cool stuff Kreia talked about.

It was hilarious when she said if you were expecting some information that would shake you to your core, you won't get it. That was such a nice tip to the first game .

And whoa.. , I didn't know Mandalore was Canderous from the first game!! Should have clicked, sinch Carth was Admiral (should have seen more of him, IMO).

Also nice to hear that Revan went out to Sith space to try to kill the Sith once and for all, and he had to leave 'her' behind. 'Her', obviously being Bastilla, which was cool. Though you had to play the first game to realize it.

Btw, when you asked Kreia about the Mandalorians and she said they would die out millenia later which the shell of their armor, worn by a shell of a man, destroyed by Jedi, did anyone else think of VADER? His armor looks kind of like Mandalorian armor, covering every bit of him. He was a shell of a man after being beaten by Obi Won. And he was destroyed by Jedi, Luke. Interesting thought, I think.

And I really liked the fact that Kreia's real goal wasn't to rule the Empire and manipulating you into it, but getting you to kill ALL the Jedi and Sith in Republic space, starting over, if you will. And destroying the Force (which your character won't do, which means Kreia failed in what she wanted to do with you). More like a Bond supervillian, rather than those silly Empire domination types. The Force runs all our lives and I want to free people from having the Force deny free will... further cementing Kreia as the most Ayn Rand character in ANY video game ever.

And I don't know if there will be a sequal with the character in this game. That would require going into Sith space and leaving the good parts about exploring the Republic.

I think the loot system is slightly broken, too. You get REALLY good loot, and it's pretty random. I got two of Exar Kun's light battle suits off of corpses on the final planet. And you get way too many lightsabers.

:shrug:

The stuff I used was set well before the final planet. All the armor and sabers were just occupying extra spots in my inventory and nothing more.
          Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; January 21, 2005, 04:39.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If this is coming out in Feb I'd better finish KOTOR 1 then!

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

-Jam
              Shouldn't be too hard...you can beat it in a day pretty easily.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I just wonder what Sith space would be like...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

-Jam
                  Thought you didn't like it?

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

You did? I did all the quests and it was a good 40 hours of gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

maybe if yous skip half the quests. and some battles can be hard if you are a lower level. Though for the most part the game is easy.

The first game just isn't that big. I know it backwards and forwards. Yet everytime I take it off my hard drive I have the urge to play it again.

It's not on my hard drive right now, and guess want. I want to play it.

Like I said I know the game very well, and there just isn't that much variation in characters to make it much different.

Is there many more options for characters in the second one?

Comment

Well there are specialized Jedi Master classes, which you can choose when you hit Level 15 in your original Jedi class.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I hate waiting for KOTOR2. maybe I'll install KOTOR again.

I need something different. Maybe I'll try to solo that game. Not much of a challenge though. Nothing like soloing Baldur's Gate 2 (which I still haven't done- one of these days...). But then you miss out on the largest part of the game.

Maybe I'll try a game with Mission all the way through. She sucks so bad... That could be a challenge.

Comment

Maybe you can just post more on Poly .

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              I hate waiting for KOTOR2. maybe I'll install KOTOR again.

I need something different. Maybe I'll try to solo that game. Not much of a challenge though. Nothing like soloing Baldur's Gate 2 (which I still haven't done- one of these days...). But then you miss out on the largest part of the game.

Maybe I'll try a game with Mission all the way through. She sucks so bad... That could be a challenge.
                              Yeah its tricky in that respect. Because a large part of the fun in KOTOR is the interaction between your own party, and the things you discover about them all.

Whats the name of the little droid thing again? you could try alternating between him + Mission, its bound to make it more difficult - might not be much fun though?
                              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Do you mean the evil droid or the other one?

Comment

Working...
                                X