Knights of the Old Republic II!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    How the **** do I kill the two bounty hunters as Atton?

EDIT: nm, I ended up running around until one of them decided to leave me alone, allowing me to kill them individually. MUCH easier.
    Last edited by Kuciwalker; December 26, 2004, 08:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
      Spoiler:
      When I went down there, I hardly found anything.
      Spoiler:
      Yeah, that was weird, I didn't find ANY Jedi relics. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
        Spoiler:
        Her name is Atris. What I found weird was, who is the third Sith Lord? We know of Lord Sion, and the mask guy, so I'm starting to think Kreia is a bit more dark side than we think.
        Spoiler:
        I think the masked guy is Revan

Comment

Spoiler:
          Don't worry, he isn't. You find out what happened to Revan sooner or later though.

Comment

So how much better is this than the first, WRT graphics, story, gameplay, etc? Should I get the first KOTOR and play it through?

Comment

With regards to graphics, Obsidian tries to achieve more with some things, which make it look quite nice. They put more details in the battle scenes as well, so if you ever have a battle with many people (which you will, trust me), then it will lag. The story is probably worse, since I found your choices (and influence with other characters) that you made at the beginning of the game, didn't really make that much of a difference with the end of the game. Gameplay is the same though, with very tiny amounts of fine tuning. There isn't so much of a back-story with each character as in KotOR, so don't expect that. I like the different worlds better than in KotOR, they seem larger. If you don't buy KotOR, you do miss a big part of the story. Revan, Malak, Korriban, etc. etc.

Comment

I'lll definately be getting this game, but I have to wait for it to be released on a real platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  I'lll definately be getting this game, but I have to wait for it to be released on a real platform.
                  PC in Feb, but I think it plays pretty good on the Xbox... and it's nice to play RPG's with a controller in a recliner.
                  "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

If they are ever make a KotOR III, it needs/should have:

Better graphics
                    Ability to have a few party members to learn the ways of the Jedi/Sith
                    Increase the power of Blaster Rifles/Pistols
                    When you say every choice has a consequence, mean it
                    Slightly less linear
                    Personalization of your character more with meaningful things

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                      So how much better is this than the first, WRT graphics, story, gameplay, etc? Should I get the first KOTOR and play it through?
                      I found the interface to be a bit streamlined from the original. The biggest help is the change to datapads - when you collect one from a corpse, it now pops up in a window large enough that it's readable. Very little scrolling is required for them. I like the plot, if possible, even better - many of the moral choices actually feel like choices, rather than just "ooh, do I want to play a bully or a nice good person?" It's not always clear what the light-side choice is, even.

Comment

Actually it is, but you'll find out why at the end of the story.

Comment

If you don't find out until the end of the story, then it's not clear, obviously.

Anyway, my point was that it wasn't as cut-and-dried as KOTOR I. There are still decisions like "should I help the person or beat them up", but they aren't the only ones.

Also, the game is a bit buggy - I've gotten stuck in a few spots for no apparent reason, and it actually crashed once.

Comment

I had the same problems with bugs. It was quite annoying.

Comment

I think I'll pick up the first KOTOR - it's about 17 bucks at GameStop used.

Comment

Also, about the plot being better - the quest isn't as simple as "go to these four planets, in any order, to get the pieces of the map". It's similar, but the choice of order doesn't feel as pointless. It feels more like a novel.

Comment

Working...
                                X