Sims 2: Who has it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by child of Thor
    Ive seen it talked about before, but never found any real info on it; but who buys the sims?
    As one of the biggest selling games someone must know the truth?

from "howstuffworks"

'But as impressive as these numbers are, the really remarkable thing about "The Sims" is what types of people bought the game. Most successful games, even blockbusters like "Halo," sell to a fairly limited demographic: mainly male gamers under 40. In contrast, around half of all Sims players are female, the game attracts all ages, and a sizable chunk of players didn't play many computer games before they got the Sims. In other words, this game hit a nerve like very few creations do. '

Only person i know irl who owns it is an eleven year old girl. but then i dont know ANYONE irl who owns DOOM or Quake - or if they do, they havent shared it with me.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
      Ive seen it talked about before, but never found any real info on it; but who buys the sims?
      Sunday gamers, women, and sexually frustrated teenagers.

Comment

you do realise what you've just done?
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Sunday gamers, women, and sexually frustrated teenagers.
          pretty good sections of the population there. Now if only we could get comparable demographics for say, Crusader Kings
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I notice more women play the sims than guys. Maybe it's because the whole concept resembles a virtual dollhouse...
            Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
            Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
            "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

pretty good sections of the population there. Now if only we could get comparable demographics for say, Crusader Kings
              I play them both.(most CK though)
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandar Reza
                I notice more women play the sims than guys. Maybe it's because the whole concept resembles a virtual dollhouse...
                so guys who play the sims play with dolls.

makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandar Reza
                  I haven't seen any in a real dollhouse who killed the dolls
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

I haven't seen any in a real dollhouse who killed the dolls
                    You'd be surprised at the storyline my sisters can come up with.
                    Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                    "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

The Sims Torture Chambers
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

For me the actual fun part of the game is building a house from scratch. I remember when the Sims first came out I built this really gothic looking mansion with towers and all, but money was hard to come by so I had my character be an undertaker (even if the option wasn't available).

The backyard slowly started to fill with tombstones but the mansion was far from complete. Keeping the other charaters that unfortunately got tricked into moving in with my undertaker trapped in a room with no door to starve was slow and I sometimes haven't the heart to llet them, even though it's just a simulation. So I came across a faster method that don't seem too cruel.

Presenting the drowning pool. Just let 'em swim and remove the ladder. They'll swim till they die of exhaustion. At least they die happy
                        Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

Reminds me of a story I was trying to write with the photo album, I had this guy trying to kill his family but it never worked, and eventually the idiot jumped into the pool AFTER I removed the ladder (what an idiot). Things didn't go as planned, at all. I am so incompetent at killing Sims.
                          I changed my signature

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                            The Sims Torture Chambers
                            Don't laugh, that was a planned x-pack (no. 43 I think), but there was an outcry and they were forced to withdraw the project.

Comment

i think i'm beginning to see the attraction it has now.

A new marketing slogan:

"Sims - bring out the potential psychopath in you!"

shocking game, the media should have an outcry against it - if only the parents knew what little 'susan' and 'johny' were doing locked in their bedrooms with that charming harmless game
                              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Now if GTA could get the same reputation... just advertise the game as a game where you're just trying to do what's best for the city... you define what's best
                                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X