No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDIT: whoops, doesn't quite have the same effect when it's at the top of a new page.

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Its not, though.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

lord of the rings....

Hobbits eat 5 times a day, when they can.

Food at Bilbos party described in detail, IIRC.

Loving description of farmer Maggots mushrooms, hobbit love for mushrooms, etc.

In Bree, details of how they take their meals in the inn, and sams regret at having to leave before breakfast, and him eating an apple which he then throws at someone.

On the road east, concern about their food supply, Aragorn saying he can hunt or forage at need, but this would slow them down.

Meals playing a central role at Rivendell, IIRC, plus Bilbo eating by himself.

The waybread of the elves.

Merry and Pippin given some Orc food, IIRC?

Merry and Pippin given ent-draughts.

Merry and Pippin picnicking at Isengard, then sharing with their friends.

Pippin looking for breakfast in Minis Tirith. Reference to the short rations in the city about to be besieged.

Oh, and as luddy mentions, Sam and Frodos food problems on the way into Mordor. Long description of Sam cooking a rabbit, sending gollum for herbs, wishing for potatoes. Gollums preference for raw fish, sams preference for fish or rabbit to be cooked.

Heck, thats a book thats JUST FILLED with food and eating. I think it makes Luddys point very well, esp for medieval RPGS set in a tolkienish world.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

JEEZ, LOTM! You live up to your screenname and then some!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            JEEZ, LOTM! You live up to your screenname and then some!

Tolkien fanboy.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
            X