Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas info!

More information about the game has come out in Gamespot and it seems they are going more RPGish. First of all, you are in the STATE of San Andreas with 3 different fully fleshed out cities, with different neighborhoods and everything. It's supposed to be 5 times the size of GTA III!!

And you drive from city to city by the highways, but there is supposed to be a lot of stuff on the side of the highways.

In addition feeding your character (named CJ) is important as well. When you get hungry you gotta buy some food. If you don't, you get weaker and weaker. But also you gotta watch out that you don't get superfat either, which will slow you down. Hopefully they don't overdo it with the food. It could mess up the pacing of the game.

There is also exercising in the game to tone you up and give you some muscles to allow you to become more efficient. At the gym you can also learn fighting styles. This is important because in this game carjacked people WON'T BE PUSHOVERS! You have to beat them a bit to get their cars. In addition your skills improve by doing them more. So, if you shoot more, you become more accurate in doing it.

There are some new things you can do in this game as well, such as ride public transportation (woo, trains) and SWIM! Finally falling in the water won't = death . In fact swimming could tone your body and get you good exercise. You can also go to places to customize the look of your avatar. CJ can get different haircuts and tatoos which you can purchase to customize him. You can also decide what CLOTHES you will wear! Also the cars you drive WILL get dirty and you can use car washes to clean them up.

Also interesting is the gang system. If you on the wrong turf, the rival gang will attack you in intelligent ways, such as alerting other people that you are driving that way, etc.

But the most FUN thing seems to be robbery . You can break into people's homes and steal their valuables while they are asleep or away. A lot of the missions will be doing dirty work for friends and family and won't get you money, so you'll have to steal for cash. And you may want to be quiet while doing it and Rockstar has included some stealth elements like a noise meter and the ability to hide in the shadows.

The game looks AMAZING so far with all these upgrades. It's really getting to RPG level with its experience building and customization of character.

Rockstar gives us some food for thought on the latest entry in its groundbreaking franchise.

We stare down Rockstar's next entry in the GTA franchise, and offer up lots of previously unknown gameplay details and exclusive media on the upcoming release.

Los Santos is the capital city of San Andreas, and we're your tour guide. Join us for a look at the districts of GTA: San Andreas' fictional Los Angeles.

In Vice City, you could deliver pizzas on a little scooter for some extra cash. In San Andreas, you can invade people's homes in the dead of night to steal their luxury goods. We've got the full scoop. Also: Swimming in San Andreas.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Check out GameInformer's preview on San Andreas. there is no link just go to your nearest Gamestop and pick up a copy of this magazine.

I can't wait for San Andreas to come out!!!
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

yes yes, but when is it coming out for PC? That's the real question!!!!!!!!!!
      be free

Comment

GTA: One of the few series that has changed significantly since #1 yet has actually gotten better.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          GTA: One of the few series that has changed significantly since #1 yet has actually gotten better.
          I don't agree.

First, not every game has been better than the previous. GTA2 was pretty poor, in my opinion. And it hasn't changed that significantly, outside of the introduction of a 3D graphics engine in GTA3. This one seems to be a more significant change gameplay wise, however.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The game looks like it's from 1999.

God bless the PS2.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I prefer it that way... it'll run smoother on my PC then .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

SIMS + GTA III = san andreas.

First, not every game has been better than the previous. GTA2 was pretty poor, in my opinion. And it hasn't changed that significantly, outside of the introduction of a 3D graphics engine in GTA3. This one seems to be a more significant change gameplay wise, however.

i agree with general Ludd! wow.

GTA3 felt more like a interactive story book. This one sounds like theres actual game playing to do.
                :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  I prefer it that way... it'll run smoother on my PC then .
                  I don't know why you would want to play it on the PC. You have a Xbox, right? According to critics, the Xbox version of GTA and Vice City was the best, even better than the PC version. So wait for the Xbox version of San Andreas.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I perfer the mouse and keyboard controls in 'shooting' games.

Comment

Overall, the gamepad is superior for third-person games like GTA. Driving a car with a mouse and keyboard must be a lot of fun... Most of the time you don't even have to aim in GTA: you just lock on your target and shoot. Except when you snipe, that is...
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Driving a car with a mouse and keyboard must be a lot of fun...

I enjoy it and have had no problems with it.

Most of the time you don't even have to aim in GTA: you just lock on your target and shoot.

And half of the fun is gone when you 'lock on' and shoot. I want to AIM when I shoot, dammit!

Comment

I you enjoy it, good for you! But admit that gamepads are superior overall for these kinds of games, except on one point: targetting with a mouse is a lot easier. BTW, can you actually aim in the PC version of GTA?

Comment

Gamepads are inferior in every way.

If they where good for anything, they would be used more often on the PC. And of course you can aim. You actually can't on the console versions?
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                              Gamepads are inferior in every way.

If they where good for anything, they would be used more often on the PC.
                              how would they be for a flight sim? I found mouse and keyboard really frustrating for MS FS '98. I know serious flight simmers would get a special realistic joystick, but would a gamepad type thingie work?
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                              X