No announcement yet.

D0oM IiI ThErAd!1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't turn my sound accel down. Like I said above, I use the command above to restart the sound when it goes out. kind of annoying.

I seem to be getting surround sound. I tend to turn around when I hear something behind me. Although I'm getting used to the noises now. I can tell when an alien is behind me just from the usual door opening sounds.

Comment

• This is scaring the bejeesus outta me.

I just sent the transmission. I trust Sarge more than I trust random-corporate-guy-with-his-badass-lackey. Did I make a booboo?

Just encountered those heat-seaking-rocket-firing skeleton fellows for the first time. Don't recall them being in the original game. Managed to take 'em out with the chainsaw; if I tried to take 'em from a distance, they destroyed me.

This is some ****ed up ****.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• booboo
        weeeeeeeeeeeeellll....
        cIV list: cheats
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

• Oh dear. I've doomed the citizenry of Earth to the torments of Hell, haven't I?

Comment

• I really don't know, as that's the path I took. But for once in a game the evil suited man from headquarters might be more than he seems.... (well, that might get your hopes up so I won't say anything else)
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

• I've got the sinking feeling that by the time I finally meet up with Sarge, he'll be possessed or something.

Comment

• Incidentally, what moment has freaked you out the most in this game?

So far, it has to be
                Spoiler:
                that disembodied woman's voice, "Follow me... they took my baby!" "WAHHHHHH!" Everything turns red...

And then nothing. I'm so completely tensed up to be overran by imps and maggots and pinkies, and no monsters come. That totally ****ed my **** up for a solid half an hour.

Comment

• Yeh, just got past that part, its was pretty spooky .

Im having no end of problems with multiplayer.. Im a bit of a Doom 2 old hand, finished half life, and although I don't expect to be topdog .. I was hoping id be average on multiplayer, but im finding myself getting wasted all the time .. any hints here ?? I think my problem is accuracy, everybody else seems to hit first time, but me ... just can't get to the mouse to get the target intime .. so are you all playing using the mouse and the right hand shift/ctrl/alt .... ??? i just can't get the hang of it (as im a left shift/ctrl/alt user .. who occasionally uses the mouse to reposition).

Maybe I am average, and just seem to get hard core players join my server ?? who knows.

Talking of server .. im having a few problems here also. Ive got P4 2Ghz, 256Mb ram, and a 750k DSL line, and many of the players complain about lag all the time. So i monitored it using task manager, and memory's fine, CPU is fine, im getting no slow down, but ive noticed the network gets busier and busier and busier .. and then suddenly drops back to normal, and the lag disappears.

Whats more odd is, its only getting to about 256k when the lag appears .. im wondering if thats my max output .. not sure.

ive limited it to 256 .. still get lag.
                  "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

• Just saw an interview on gamespy... they're making a Doom and Warcraft board-game... sounds interesting
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• In the second time through, I didn't send the transmission. This changes the content of subsequent messages and may change the ending, I'll find out in about a week.

I find it really difficult to play this game with all the spooky noises all the time. I have to take a break after about an hour or so.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• That spooky part in alpha 4 is probably the most talked about moment of Doom3. Even though I knew it's in the game from videos first, it freaked me out totally, was still a surpirise.

As for sending/canceling transmission:

Spoiler:
                        No difference. If you don't send it, then Dr. Betruger will do that himself eventually, so the reinforcements still arrive, same ending. The only difference is who calls you an idiot right there in comm center (Swann if you send, Sarge if you cancel) and whether Betruger will later say it's good that you called the fleet, or that he will do that himself.

Oh, and I didn't trust Sarge - he's a military guy who curses in every sentence!
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Oh, and I didn't trust Sarge - he's a military guy who curses in every sentence!
                          Spoiler:
                          I did- I don't remember the last game where the military mentor turned bad with so little warning. Starcraft, maybe?
                          Now watch this drive!

Comment

Working...
                          X