Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D0oM IiI ThErAd!1!

OMG My friend can run it good. AWESOME.

Graphic is amazing. Games plays pretty good. I will post what I think more later after playing.

I'm guessing this hread isnt gonna be that busy until august 4th anyway.........
    :-p

Having played a dozen maps.... I am unable to describe my impressions. It's simply too good. Too scary, too beautiful and too good once again.

Can't wait to see it in 2 years on uber-machines in its full beauty...
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

how is the multiplayer? fast like q1/q3 or slow like q2? i'm looking forward to no rail. i hate that thing. no weapon should have be instant hit, infinite range and high damage. is there bunny hopping/strafe jumping/etc?
      Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Anyone want to show any interesting screenshots?
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Is this out already?

What are the reqs?

And yes, I'm lazy

Comment

Not out until August 5th. Which makes one go . Perhaps it's the leaked alpha they're playing?

System reqs: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 1500, 2 gigs of hard drive space, 384 megabytes of RAM, and a Radeon 8500 or a Geforce 3.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

hmm

I wonder how a:

1.7p4
              768mb RDRAM
              Radeon 9200

Would run it.

Probably not good enough to justify the purchase.

Comment

That R9200 is a question mark, it may or may not do the job, and if it does it won't look pretty.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Well, that and the processor being barely above min.

Oh well.

/me wonders how he can convince the wife...

Comment

I'll probably buy it whether it'll play on my computer or not. If it doesn't, I'll just sleep with the box and smell it.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Hehe this is a placeholder thread until early August.

Comment

CPU is the less important part for Doom3, actually.

And to see it in its full beauty, you need to wait a year or two....

Comment

According to an Id programmer, you will need a 512 MB video card to see Doom 3 in all its glory:

"I've seen quite a few posts in the forums about 'Ultra' quality and why we don't set this by default out of the box. To put things in perspective, most production levels in DOOM 3 contain more media assets than all of Quake 3: Arena...Image fidelity is dependent on what quality level we load the textures at. In Ultra quality, we load each texture; diffuse, specular, normal map, at full resolution with no compression. In a typical DOOM 3 level, this can hover around a whopping 500MB of texture data...due to the hitching that can occur, we chose to require a 512MB video card before setting [Ultra Quality] automatically. High quality uses compression (DXT1,3,5) for specular and diffuse and no compression for normal maps. This looks very, very close to Ultra quality, but the compression does cause some loss. Medium quality uses compression for specular, diffuse, and normal maps. This still looks really, really good, but compressing the normal maps can produce a few artifacts, especially on hard-angled or round edges. This level gets us comfortably onto 128MB video cards. Low quality does everything medium quality does, but it also downsizes textures over 512x512 and we downsize specular maps to 64x64 in this mode as well. This fits us onto a 64MB video card."
                          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                            Perhaps it's the leaked alpha they're playing?
                            nope. this version is very special.
                            :-p

Comment

Yep, but not just any 512 MB, also one that supports all the cool stuff. Besides, even with a new 512 card, you'll still need a huge CPU and RAM to render it all properly fast and be superbly playable.

Comment

Working...
                              X