No announcement yet.

Society II Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you going to start the signup thread Gamecube? or are you waiting for smiley to?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• I'm waiting for smiley, he's not paying me enough to update the game rules.
      I changed my signature

Comment

• To see how he made the chart, just quote his post. There is his code for you to do with as you please.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by Gamecube64
          I can change the colors if anyone objects

Yes please. I don't mind the general choice of colors - blue + green, but I do mind the tones you used a lot.

Also, the reason didn't choose those colors for land is because he used them for nation's territory colors. By using blue and green up, you are basically cutting the number of contrasting colors you can use for territories greatly.
          XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

• don't forget to write

[ code ]

[ / code]

(without the spaces)
            when using the table however
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Wow, thats alot of code. Smiley, could you setup the chart for me, putting in the players and their colors (looks like we are gonna have more this time around after all) I can edit all the stuff that changes after turns, but I'm not so sure how to put in more players, as I can't quite tell exactly (I can see the general area) where one player ends and another begins.

Ok, I'll change colors tommorrow.
              I changed my signature

Comment

• Gamecube,

This should make it easier to make out which is which:

Code:
                Society Cities Tech Army Nukes SDI Gold
                DarkCloud 1 1 0 0 0 6
                Gamecube64 1 1 0 0 0 6
                Ljube 1 1 0 0 0 6
                Jamski 1 1 0 0 0 6
                Spaced Cowboy 1 1 0 0 0 6
                Vovan 1 1 0 0 0 6
                Spore page

Comment

• I'll make a 12x12 chart, that ought to be big enough, and can be cropped if there are fewer people. Rules will be updated soon. Only point left to consider is the war formulas: Let's hear your suggestions.
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• I think that the wonders need to be worked on.

1. Tower of Babel- Generates gold per turn equal to the square of your tech level.
                    2. Colosseum- makes you immune to enemy attack. Expires with anyone reaching Tech Level 8. Clarification: If you attack someone, they get one counterattack.
                    3. Trojan Horse- you get a spy every turn before Tech 7, and one extra after
                    4. Acropolis- you have the option to change to Republic whenever, without a revolution.
                    5. Silk Road- allows trade with all players, regardless of distance. Caravan cost lowered to trading partner's tech level.
                    6. Jihad- you can take any city in a sneak attack
                    7. Mafia- One extra gold per city in the world
                    8. Trans-Siberian Railroad- Your new cities may be built anywhere.
                    9. National Rifle Association- gives a Republic the military support costs of a Monarchy
                    10. University of California- gives you any Tech Level known to at least 1 other player.
                    11. NASCAR- Give you bonus gold, equal to the square of the number of cities you own.
                    12. KGB- gives you 2 additional Spies per turn
                    13. Majestic-12 Program- your nuclear missiles are immune to intercept.
                    14. Star Wars- Your cities now require 4 nukes to destroy.
                    7. Mafia - this is a rubbish wonder, as the main purpose of the cities' existence is to make money, so one more per city per turn makes almost no difference at any time in the game.
                    10. University of California - (a) California hasn't even got a good university, so I don't know why this qualifies as a wonder of the world, but besides this, (b) you have to make it a tech that any other 2 nations have. This will prevent people building it and then never spending any money on any more research ever.
                    11. NASCAR - This will not be regularly built unless we have a huge map. It's better than 7, but given that nobody will be building tonnes of cities then it's hardly worthwhile either. A more fun wonder would be one that allowed the builder to obsolete another wonder of their choice at any time.

I'll play again if you haven't got enough already.

Comment

• I'll play again, and I already made a suggestion for the war formula, but I'll give it some more thought.
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• New colors.

I had another set, but I figured it would be hard for colorblind people to use if we had any.
                        Attached Files
                        I changed my signature

Comment

• I like the colors we have now, actually

-
                          University of California= UCLA (I think... It's famous for its inventions) but Berkeley would have been a better choice, methinks
                          -
                          What about if you add a "Great Library" wonder that auto gives you a tech that 2 other nations already have and make it earlier than the UCLA Wonder- that's too late in the game for it to be useful. Unless you add more techs.

"Adam Smith's Trading Co."- For every trade transaction in the world your civ gains 50% of the total profit.

UCLA Wonder- Tech advances cost 50% less for your civilization.
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                            (a) California hasn't even got a good university, so I don't know why this qualifies as a wonder of the world
                            Oh yeah, places like Standford, Caltech, and Berkley are just sucky little schools.

Originally posted by duke o' york (b) you have to make it a tech that any other 2 nations have.
                            Spore page

Comment

• I wanna play in the next round too, if there's still room for me.

Comment

• Oh yeah, places like Standford, Caltech, and Berkley are just sucky little schools.
                                only Cambridge and Southhampton count as REAL schools
                                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                                X