Neverwinter Nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamski
    Bard 1 / Red Dragon Dicp 10 / Barbarian (the rest)
    Paladin 1 / Sorc (the rest)
    Fighter 10 / Weapon Master (the rest)

You won't find a server where there isn't someone playing one of these.

-Jam
    Nice, but only one of those involves sorcerors, which was my question. Stop skimsying!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnelos
      I played as a Cleric through the OC. Having a high CHA and WIS and plenty of Persuasion skill allowed me to access all of the Persuasion and Insight dialogue options. Sure, it doesn't make or break the entire game, but it definately enriches the story and provides a few more subplots.

Also, being a Cleric with the "Good" clerical domain and high CHA and WIS allowed me to be pretty good at turning outsiders.

"Oh look! It's a room full of succubi, hell hounds, and vrocks!" *POOF!*

That skill became even more useful when I took the same character into HotU. Turns out you can turn devils in hell.
      cool I love clerics in this game. But I have never used the good domain. I think I will next game.

Comment

• My wizard had very high intelligence, which also triggers some insight dialogue. However in all cases it was:

*insight* state the bleeding obvious in a knowing manner.

Comment

• What's a good character to pwn people with in PvP? (level 10-20 range, preferably. I don't like those super high level servers)

I've tried a few arena servers but all my characters have been complete gimps... often not even being able to hit someone of the same level before dying.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd
            What's a good character to pwn people with in PvP? (level 10-20 range, preferably. I don't like those super high level servers)
            REGARDLESS OF LEVEL: Monk

Monks have spell resistence, pretty good AC at higher levels, incredible speed and attack strength for fighting with their bare hands, and rather good hitpoints.

The monk's only real weakness if fighting large groups of enemies - but if you're going to use him for 1v1 or small group PvP, a monk will probably win pound-for-pound over most other characters - at least on a consistent basis.

The problem is that you might say a Barbarian or Fighter/Weapon Master with certain feats would be superior, but they'll get decimated if they face a good spellcaster with the right array of spells. A monk is more versatile for PvP combat since a high level monk is good against both melee fighters and is resistant to spells.

Another new prestige class which some people now swear by is the Dwarven Defender. Dwarven Defenders at higher levels take levels of damage resistence against all attacks, along with ultra-high AC and godlike numbers of hitpoints due to all of the constitution.

Finally, on the dedicated PvP server I've spent some time on over the past few days because Folderol keeps going down, it seems that A LOT of people choose to be Red Dragon Apprentices... the obvious reason would be all of the amazing stats increases, especially the amazing bonuses to STR. When coupled as that is with bonuses against certain especially nasty spell groups, I suppose it's not such a bad prestige class for PvP.

Personally, I've opted for a high-level cleric with plenty of buffs and those ultra useful Divine Favor spell, Divine Might feat, and Divine Glory (???) spell which give you far higher attack ability and damage bonuses (making you equivalent of a fighter of the same level... rather useful). When combined with all of the other cleric abilities, I think a cleric could POTENTIALLY be very very powerful in PvP.
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• Do you just pick your character and feats etc with these PVP arenas. Or do you have to level them first?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                Do you just pick your character and feats etc with these PVP arenas. Or do you have to level them first?
                Some will let you change your level to whatever you want, some will start you off at level 9, or level 15, or whatever, and you have to gain experience to level up further.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Experience though killing other players? That must come slowly.

Comment

• It depends on the server. Most of them are team based capture the flag sort of deals, and you are awarded experience for your team holding the flag or whatever along with bonuses for geting kills.

It can still come rather slowly, though...

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Hmm, the thread has reached 500 posts.
                      Who wants the honour of starting the new one?
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Oh me me me!

*goes to check*

Comment

Working...
                        X