No announcement yet.

Assassins II: Eye of the Beholder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders sent... thank goodness for extended extended weekend voting!
    Play hangman.

Comment

Isn't there supposed to be a 24-hour limit to the voting?
      weekend rules. but as Imran has noted, the votes are being processed (sorry, I know its 16:03 GMT, but eh, I couldn't get on later than 23 GMT last night.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Day 2

The Histories of The Forgotten Realms LXII: Chapter II- The Cave-In at the Forest of Cormyr
        13-Nerul-13733

When the secret ballot voting had concluded, there emerged a clear winner of the group’s suspicion. Shaking his head, Spacéd C’owboy finished the tallying and sent a short prayer to his God, praying that their choice would be correct and the murderer would be slain.

Showing the group the vote, Spacéd C’owboy pointed to the guilty party.

Jonny immediately cast HOLD on the killer, before he could react. Ljube Ljcvetko screamed in rage and shook his fist and held high his axe in anger, but could not move his legs.

Spacéd C’owboy then nodded to Trokair T’Shanbar who closed his eyes, concentrated and brought forth the spell Phantasmal Killer. Ljube, failing to disbelieve the spell, also failed to withstand its full brunt, and, overcome by the most horrific demon of his dreams, fell dead on the ground.

Trokair collapsed from the exertion.

From the Diary of Lady Anita Blake of Luskan City

And so, the foul Barbarian Human perished at the hands of the half-elven Wizard, and hopefully was ended what Spacéd C’owboy pronounced as a personal quarrel. Following that unpleasantness, we decided to press on into the Underdark, searching for both this Drow Citadel Sschindyrlryn and for some escape from this horrid tomb.

Tuberski Majere, who had by now fully recovered from his wounds, led the way with his lighted Staff of Magius, illuminating the hall and hopefully blinding any Dark Elves who dared happen across his way.

Long into the day, however, Tuberski was ambushed. As he fell, the Ranger, Octavius X jumped to his aid and beat off the ambusher, striking off the foul creature’s head. The creature, as was later discovered, was a Svirfneblin, a deep gnome. As we all stood around the beast, we shook our head, wondering what could drive such a noble creature to attack. This happenstance bode ill for the rest of the journey.

(signed in a flourish)

-The Lady Anita Blake

The Histories of The Forgotten Realms LXII: Chapter II- The Cave-In at the Forest of Cormyr
        13-Nerul-13733

...An yet, the party was not freed from the predations of murderers most foul. Indeed, that very night as the people slept, there came a dark cloud over them all and in the night, under Octavius X and Spacéd C’owboy’s watch, there came a scream from the middle of camp. Rising quickly, and using his half-elven vision, Octavius X spotted a quick-moving figure. He gave a shout, but when others woke, none saw more than he.

Looking around the decaying body, the group frowned. The dead man, they noticed was none other than Jonny, the incompetent halfling wizard who had fallen asleep on his watch the first night. Perhaps this was a revenge killing for neglecting his duty? Everyone thought. But then again, Ljube was the one who had most blamed Jonny, and now the man was dead. Who would hate someone who neglected his duty. All eyes traveled to Spacéd C’owboy, the Lawful Good Paladin from Amn. Gheneral Ludd especially looked on him with anger, thundering the words- “Ljube was my friend- if Jonny had been on watch that night, Nucleaus would not have died, and if he would not have died- then you fools would not have Murdered an innocent man.”

Inspecting the body further, Octavius noted that the face was contorted in a mien of supreme horror as though Jonny had tried to cry out before he perished. Looking at the man’s neck, Octavius assumed the man had been strangled, but he realized- it could have been magic- the man had disappeared into the shadows, evading even Octavius’ elven night-vision... Maybe there was some invisibility involved here.

He frowned.

Meanwhile, Spacéd C’owboy, his voice dry, called for Helm to bless them all and to guide them in the discovery of this second murderer and to put him to rest, for, “There is no place in Helm’s laws for revenge... and the man... or woman who slaughtered this poor halfling was driven by an unlawful desire- we must have order-”

And so, on the 13th of Nerul 13733, the Voting Began again
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Code:
          Alive
          Name
          Role
          &nbsp
          Name
          Role
          Siddiqui Il-ArtirElven Druid (Neutral Good) &nbsp Zopperoni ...Halfling Rogue (Lawful Evil)
          Gheneral LuddHalf-Ogre Bard (Neutral Evil) &nbsp JonchaHuman Monk (Chaotic Neutral)
          Trokair T'ShanbarHalf-Elven Wizard (Chaotic Neutral) &nbsp Urban RangerDwarven Ranger (Neutral Good)
          Jon MillerHuman Bard (Chaotic Good) &nbsp Chaunk ...Gnomic Sorceror (Chaotic Good)
          Lady Anita BlakeElven Sorceress (Neutral Good) &nbsp "Doctor" SpikeHuman Rogue (True Neutral)
          Octavius XHalf-Elf Ranger (True Neutral) &nbsp Spaced CowboyHuman Paladin (Lawful Good)
          Tuberski MajereHuman Wizard (Chaotic Neutral) &nbsp NONENONE
          Dead
          Name
          Cause of Death
          &nbsp
          Name
          Cause of Death
          Master NucleausAxed to Death &nbsp Ljube LjcvetkoPhantasmal Killed
          JonnyMagic/Strangle?? &nbsp NONENONE
          Status
          &nbsp
          Votes
          DAY
          &nbsp Round 1-Ljube Ljcvetko (3 votes)
          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

There was one person with 3 votes, 2 people with 2 votes, and the rest received 1 vote

--
            *NOTE: each person should send 2 names to kill #1 and #2 in case someone is immune.

*NOTE: the assassin should send 3 names #1,2,3 in case someone's immune.

*NOTE: Assassin killed before/during round 3 will be replaced.
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Hmmmm...

Axe - slicing
              Invisible?
              Choaking (magical?)
              Horror

What can it all mean? It's a connundrum, but seemingly points to a magic user... or the killer is trying to fool people into thinking it is a magic user.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

How could Nuclear Master do that to someone?

Comment

I wonder how you people could have possibly suspected me of being the killer.

Did you vote for me Joncha?

Comment

I did not, LLjj. I have sworn off our blood-feud. I voted (wrongly, as it turned out... unless DarkCloud's reminder about replacing the assassin is a hint) for Jonny.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                      Long into the day, however, Tuberski was ambushed.
                      As we all stood around the beast, we shook our head, wondering what could drive such a noble creature to attack. This happenstance bode ill for the rest of the journey
                      Maybe there was some invisibility involved here.
                      the man... or woman who slaughtered this poor halfling was driven by an unlawful desire- we must have order-”
                      Tuberski attacked by a "noble" creature. High probability that magic was involved. Murderer driven by an "unlawful" desire.

Well, Mr. Chaotic Neutral Wizard, do you want to tell me how I'm misinterpreting the clues?
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I thought there's an unwritten rule of the assassin's method of killing is always the same?

Unless, of course, the barbarian was indeed the Mafia, and a new one was selected.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Seeing how there has been only one game, I think it is too early for unwritten rules .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

vote sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Seeing how there has been only one game, I think it is too early for unwritten rules .
                              Isn't that always the way it is done in Mafia? It's the same in Zop's first Assassin game as well.
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Somebody who is agile, silent, and fleet of feet. That rules out Gheneral Ludd and myself, and probably the wizard types as well - unless they use a lot of magic. It also rules out Octavius X and Spacéd C’owboy as well, assuming that they were in a group at all times.

I don't think invisibility is involved, otherwise Octavius wouldn't be able to see anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X