No announcement yet.

Assassins II: Eye of the Beholder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is a magic user, but an unlikely one.

Sent.

Comment

Sounds like gnomish trickery.

And what was that little bugger saying about wanting an axe?

Ljube had better of been buried with his.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Sent
        Why are you wasting your time at 'poly? You should be out alongside Supercitizen, fighting the good fight! -duke o' york

Comment

I thought there's an unwritten rule of the assassin's method of killing is always the same?

Unless, of course, the barbarian was indeed the Mafia, and a new one was selected.
          Probably my fault- I thought the assassins game was a testing ground- each method of killing gives new hints to who the killer is- I thought that might make more sense...

Somebody who is agile, silent, and fleet of feet. That rules out Gheneral Ludd and myself, and probably the wizard types as well - unless they use a lot of magic. It also rules out Octavius X and Spacéd C’owboy as well, assuming that they were in a group at all times.
          Yeah... sure it does... you say that
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

The clues seem to point to Tuberski.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
              Probably my fault- I thought the assassins game was a testing ground- each method of killing gives new hints to who the killer is- I thought that might make more sense...
              Thanks for clearing that up. The unknown is, well, unknown.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                Ah, OK, for a moment I thought we nailed the Assassin in one attempt

Comment

Okay, I'll be doing the update soon.

I would have done it at the exact right time, but I was waiting for a call
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I have slaved away on a schematic for a machine that will tell me who the killer is, and who will be killed next. Can't fail to work.

Unfortunatly, I am lacking a key peice to create the device, so I have guessed, and sent those guesses in.
                    Play hangman.

Comment

Maybe we should all join Chaunk's side quest for the missing piece! Curiously, it seems to be located at the heart of a dungeon full of undead and all things foul.

Comment

Code:
                        Alive
                        Name
                        Role
                        &nbsp
                        Name
                        Role
                        Siddiqui Il-ArtirElven Druid (Neutral Good) &nbsp Zopperoni ...Halfling Rogue (Lawful Evil)
                        Spaced CowboyHuman Paladin (Lawful Good) &nbsp JonchaHuman Monk (Chaotic Neutral)
                        Trokair T'ShanbarHalf-Elven Wizard (Chaotic Neutral) &nbsp Urban RangerDwarven Ranger (Neutral Good)
                        Jon MillerHuman Bard (Chaotic Good) &nbsp Chaunk ...Gnomic Sorceror (Chaotic Good)
                        Lady Anita BlakeElven Sorceress (Neutral Good) &nbsp "Doctor" SpikeHuman Rogue (True Neutral)
                        Octavius XHalf-Elf Ranger (True Neutral) &nbsp NONENONE
                        Dead
                        Name
                        Cause of Death
                        &nbsp
                        Name
                        Cause of Death
                        Master NucleausAxed to Death &nbsp Ljube LjcvetkoPhantasmal Killed
                        JonnyMagic/Strangle?? &nbsp Tuberski MajereHead Lobbed Off
                        Gheneral LuddMELTED &nbsp NONENONE
                        Status
                        &nbsp
                        Votes
                        DAY
                        &nbsp Round 1-Ljube Ljcvetko (3 votes)
                        &nbsp&nbspRound 2- Tuberski Majere (3 votes)
                        Last edited by DarkCloud; June 15, 2004, 13:32.
                        -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Hmm, how did Gheneral Ludd get to the bottom of the chart....Hmmm indeed!
                          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Day 3

Schematic Inventions and Drawings: Chaunk Makerofthings... Volume XII Edition I

14-Nerul-13733
                            ... The amazing rock-smasher-aparter cannot be constructed as of this time. The drawings are complete, yes, but the other adventurers insist on pressing on, not putting any faith in my invention, the fools. How dare they disregard Gnomic inventions. Of course they explode every now and then. Of course they cause death to people from time to time. But they are inventions! they cannot be perfect the first time. If only I had time to revise my invention, then I could utilize it to lead the group to freedom- bah, the fools.

-Chaunk Makerofthingsblowingupanddestroyingalotofotherstuf fandusingfuselagestodestroydragonsandwhohaskilleda tleastonedragonalbeitasmallgolddragonbabyeggbuthed estoryeditandthatisnotwherethestoryendsbecausethen heattackedthemotherbutdidnotkillherbutdidsurviveth eflamesdartingaroundhimselfbecauseofthecraftedmagi calarmorwhichhewoninagamblingcontestwiththevenerab le-Destroyerofsmallobjectsofdubiousworthandwhodidsode stroythegreatgnomeslayertharallvaneusthebarbarian. .. etc.

The Histories of The Forgotten Realms LXII: Chapter III- Murders Mounting Up
                            14-Nerul-13733

...All the groups held together in support of each other- Tuberski’s aides, Joncha and Urban Ranger standing by his side, and the Amnian’s Spacéd C’owboy and Jon Miller discussing the murders most foul, Jon Miller tearfully composing an ode to the fallen and leaning on Spacéd C’owboy’s shoulder for support.

Suddenly, before the Paladin could state the choice of the group and decry the guilty party, a Drow dart whizzed by his and Jon Miller’s heads, striking the Wizard, Tuberski Majere and bringing him low.

Siddiqui Il-Artir, the nearest to the cavern’s edge, hurried after the Drow, but found nothing. Returning, he heard the pronouncement of the Paladin, who looked down on the party’s immobilized Wizard.

“An’-“, he began. “As the decree of Helm, made clear with the Dark Elf’s dart, the guilty party in the death of Jonny was none other than Tuberski Majere, whom we must now put out of his misery and consign to the netherreaches of the Nine Hells of Chaotic Neutrality.

Joncha called out and tried to block Spacéd C’owboy’s blade, but the Paladin had already struck, severing Tuberski’s immobilized head from his trunk. Turning away, Spacéd stalked off, hoping he had done the right thing.

Urban Ranger, his hand on his axe, knelt beside his Wizard and wept. “You were the greatest of them all- the chosen of Magius.” He cried. “Icewind Dale never knew such a great spellcaster.”

Joncha, putting an arm on his shoulder, whispered something in his ear. Urban Ranger frowned and stood. “No. He was not guilty. I know it.”

Joncha shook his head. “You had best not say such things.” He crept away.

And the party continued on.

The Magical Scrollbook and Journal of the Great Trokair T’Shanbar

After wading through a nest of Kuo’Toa, frog people, I made my way to the edge of the group, having finished casting fireball and incinerating a good deal of the creatures. Thus, tired and near-to-collapsing after my exertions, I opened my spellbook and began to re-memorize my spell so that I would be ready when the group next needed my aid.

I will not elaborate on the details of the spell, should his scrollbook fall into evil hands, but I will note that I was most rudely interrupted in my readings by that disgusting little rogue, Zopperoni and took off chasing him after I discovered that he had made off with my enchanted dagger.

Thankfully, the Great Spacéd C’owboy, rescued my dagger for me from a glistening Kuo-Toa pool where Zopperoni had thrown it, allegedly claiming that he had done so in order to please his God. Spacéd, bending over the pool and inspecting the dagger, cursed. The water had been corrosive and had injured his hand- but not the dagger. Following that, he severely scolded the Evil Rogue for his machinations. Zopperoni insisted he had no choice, but I knew better- though the fiend was Evil, he could choose his path. He only sought to sow dissention in our group. That being noted, I cast a Protection from Evil spell on myself and paid him no mind.

The Histories of The Forgotten Realms LXII: Chapter III- Murders Mounting Up
                            14-Nerul-13733

...After dealing with the Kuo-Toa, the party counted its fallen, Spacéd C’owboy taking roll of who was present. As he approached each hooded adventurer and took note of their wounds, he suddenly realized that one was missing. Hurrying back to the Kuo-Toa pool and signaling for Siddiqui Il-Artir to follow after, Spacéd discovered the body, twisted in an awry direction and thrown into one of the acid pools in which we had fought the beasts.

It seemed that Gheneral Ludd had slipped and fallen at the back of the group, unbeknownst to the others. Everyone initially thought that his fall had been an accident, but Octavius X, arriving at the murder scene and Siddiqui Il-Artir quickly agreed that the Half-Ogre had been pushed.

Joncha dully suggested that the Gheneral had quarreled with someone and met a bitter end for it, but we all wondered- just who could have pushed the gigantic Half-Ogre? Who would he have trusted? There were none others of his race in the party, and none left for Anauroch. What had caused him to drop his guard?

Disgusted by the incident, Spacéd C’owboy called upon his God once again for guidance in determining who could have committed this foul murder.

Spacéd C’owboy and the others grimaced, realizing that now they would have to camp close to the Kuo’Toa village and the foul acid-pools, for they were tiring and they knew not how long they would have to travel before they came to another cavern.

Voting May now begin.
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Hmm, how did Gheneral Ludd get to the bottom of the chart....Hmmm indeed!
                              ... now you know

-
                              honestly, the only way the group was going to get Tuberski killed was if someone disabled him before he could react- his magicks were very powerful
                              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Ack... so we are looking for:

Someone skilled with an axe (can make a slice without too much blood)
                                Someone who can either the strength or magic to strangle a man quickly
                                Someone who can push a half-ogre into an acid pool

It sounds like magic or someone strong and agile who wants us to think it was a magic user.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X