This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E
    Well I'll make it yet another option. Personally I, and it looks like Maq, don't think barbs should build a civ and stil have the random generation of units. toopowerful, especialy at high settings.
    Well that's how I'd like to play the game. They should use cities simply as bases for raiding. They shouldn't build wonders and trade or become civilized at all. Even if they were to become civilized, they wouldn't (and rightly shouldn't) be able to capture enough cities to become competitive in the game anyway. If the barbarians can capture enough cities to do that then they're too strong.

Of course not everyone wants that, and it conflicts with some mods so it's not a good idea to be a hard rule.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Build 735

These files need to be installed first

LATEST PLAYTEST: September 9th 2006

2006.09.09.CTP2.Playtest.1of3.rar
      2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.2of3.rar
      2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.3of3.rar

Then install this

LATEST BUILD REV 735: May 19th 2007

Rev735

Edit: Removed links. For an up to date version of the Apolyton edition click here.

Brief Changelog:
      2007-05-19 (revision 735)
      Fixed: MaxCityWonders, it now works as intended
      Fixed: MaxCityBuildings, it now works as intended
      Disabled: Sectarian happiness functionality has been removed
      Fixed: Unit Upgrading now updates the unit's attributes

2007-05-16 (revision 732)
      Disabled: MaxCityWonders because it caused crash
      Disabled: MaxCityBuildings because it caused crash
      Changed: NeedsFeatToBuild now only sees if player has feat not all players
      Added: NeedsAnyPlayerFeatToBuild to allow construction regardless which
      player achieved feat
      Added: ProhibtSlavers this wonder flag prevents addition slavers
      Added: New Options
      - Rules Screen
      No AI City Limit Government City Limit happiness effect for AI can
      be toggled on/off
      No City Limit Government City Limit happiness effect can be
      toggled on/off

2007-05-01 (revision 726)
      Fixed: Barbarian player cannot decalre war from diplomanager
      Fixed: Disband Assert errors in Debug version
      Changed: (Alex Scenario) now uses improved AI strategies
      Fixed: (Alex scenario) building tileimps now have sound
      Fixed: (Samurai Scenario) Scenario shold now be playable
      Fixed: Unit Upgrading
      Fixed: Search error showing hidden entried in the Great Library
      Fixed: Error reading the incorrect entry in the Great Library
      Fixed: Bug causing two workers to be subtracted from a city when settler built
      Added: Ruins Tileimp to be used with profile option of razed cities leaving a ruin on the map
      Added: New Database Flags
      - ConstDB
      MAX_CITY_WONDERS modders can specify the number of wonders a city can build
      MAX_CITY_BUILDINGS modders can specify how many buildings a city may build
      - WonderDB
      BuildingEffectEverywhere same as BuildingEverywhere but flag is more explanatory
      - TerrainImprovementDB
      RiverOnly tileimp can only be build on a river
      IsUrban tileimp is considered urban
      IsIrrigation tileimp is considered irrigation
      NeedsIrrigation tileimp must be build one square from IsIrrigation tileimps or a river
      NextToCity tileimp must be built 1 square next to city
      IsWonder tileimp is a wonder and can only be built if a player has a wonder
      tileimp can only be built once
      tileimp must be built in a square owned by the cit that built the tileimp
      Added: New Options
      - Rules Screen
      AImilitia Empty AI cities generate a cheap unit at the beginning of a turn
      No AI gold deficit AI ctites don't drop below 0
      No AI production deficit AI production never drops below 0
      Gold per city cities cost gold multiplied by the number of city limit
      Gold per unit units cost gold each turn multiplied by wage rate
      Aicitydefense AI cities have a defense increase based on population size
      - Scenario Editor
      DebugAI Button toggles showing the AI unit's goals
      - Gameplay Screen
      ShowEnemyHealth toggles shoowing AI health bar
      ShowDebugAI toggles showing the AI unit's goals
      Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:18.
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Just installed 735. I got the garbled menus again, but they disappeared when I exited and restarted CtP2. When I extracted the playtest rars and started the game, the install was completely fresh so had no userprofile, maybe that has something to do with it. I'll test it later if noone else does.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• thanks maq. Any chance you've been compiling all of your recommendations/issues over the past few months

I recall you had quite a few many posts back. I can dig through but not sure if they are still issues or not.

EDIT: I should have removed the AE mod files from this rar but I forgot. They do not have Maq's latests since we can be more flexible using the AE mod thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by E
            thanks maq. Any chance you've been compiling all of your recommendations/issues over the past few months

I recall you had quite a few many posts back. I can dig through but not sure if they are still issues or not.
            I'm starting a new game now with rev735 so i should have a few more issues, so I'll post those with the previous outstanding ones from rev732.

EDIT: I should have removed the AE mod files from this rar but I forgot. They do not have Maq's latests since we can be more flexible using the AE mod thread.
            Seems like the best option to me aswell, as it saves time to keep updating it, and it saves the playtest download getting bigger for people that don't want the mod.

Comment

• Couple of questions regarding the new rules.

What is "city gold maintenance"? In the readme it says "cities cost gold multiplied by the number of city limit", how much gold?

Whats "1 gold per unit cost"? I haven't seen this effect in game with it turned on. I thought it was supposed to be using gold hunger from units.txt? But then in the readme it says "units cost gold each turn multiplied by wage rate" which is more logical, but I don't see happening in game either.

"AI production never drops below 0", what does this mean? Is it possible to get negative production in a city?

Comment

• Couple of questions regarding the new rules.

What is "city gold maintenance"? In the readme it says "cities cost gold multiplied by the number of city limit", how much gold?
                Code:
                goldPerCity * g_player[m_owner]->m_all_cities->Num() * g_theGovernmentDB->Get(g_player[m_owner]->m_government_type)->GetTooManyCitiesThreshold()
                The value should be 2 * your city count * max number of cities under your govt

Whats "1 gold per unit cost"? I haven't seen this effect in game with it turned on. I thought it was supposed to be using gold hunger from units.txt? But then in the readme it says "units cost gold each turn multiplied by wage rate" which is more logical, but I don't see happening in game either.
                the cost should be from this code:
                Code:
                goldPerUnitSupport * g_player[m_owner]->m_readiness->TotalUnitGoldSupport() * g_player[m_owner]->GetWagesPerPerson() * g_player[m_owner]->m_readiness->GetSupportModifier(g_player[m_owner]->m_government_type))
                1 * totalgoldhunger * wagesperperson * govtsupportmodifier (readiness %)

I may have to relook this...

"AI production never drops below 0", what does this mean? Is it possible to get negative production in a city?
                this is if the shield hunger of all ai units exceed production. AI then loses those units, this prevents that, so the AI builds a lot of units.

Comment

• I checked and it looks like it was in beginturnwonders in player when it should just be in beginturn. i think i fixed them. thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by E

Code:
                    goldPerCity * g_player[m_owner]->m_all_cities->Num() * g_theGovernmentDB->Get(g_player[m_owner]->m_government_type)->GetTooManyCitiesThreshold()
                    The value should be 2 * your city count * max number of cities under your govt
                    Does it work the same as goldpercity as described here: http://www.ctp2.info/aewiki/index.ph...se.GoldPerCity

If so, wouldn't we need to put goldpercity -2 entry into buildings.txt for the capital?

the cost should be from this code:
                    Code:
                    goldPerUnitSupport * g_player[m_owner]->m_readiness->TotalUnitGoldSupport() * g_player[m_owner]->GetWagesPerPerson() * g_player[m_owner]->m_readiness->GetSupportModifier(g_player[m_owner]->m_government_type))
                    1 * totalgoldhunger * wagesperperson * govtsupportmodifier (readiness %)
                    OK this makes sense. So does it work exactly as described here http://www.ctp2.info/aewiki/index.ph...PerUnitSupport if so, does it need the entry in diffdb?

this is if the shield hunger of all ai units exceed production. AI then loses those units, this prevents that, so the AI builds a lot of units.
                    I didn't know it exceeded it often. Isn't the AI told not to exceed a certain support % in strategies.txt anyway?

Comment

• Well I have code for a building to do that and a difficulty option. I tried to put it in player to deduct gold like wonders add but i noticed it doesn't work.

I was digging through this and trying to make sure the UI match up in the causeandeffect (empire) tab. And found that gold collecting is totally different then what i thought.

Basically the tab reports total values of your city and wonder gold is just added at the end. I thought the total was done, then wages subtracted etc. but this is all done with thecity. So I'm thinking of having gold city maintenance just be the value of your empire limit that gets subtracted in each city (eliminating the 2 and the # of cities * limit value). The other thing is that I would have to divide the total unit gold cost over the empire.

But I think this could disadvantage small cities. And I don't want to charge the capitol only, thats led to other odd things like a huge negative value.

So i'm thinking of adding it to the wonder gold calculation but get the value displayed as maintenance and wages. I'll have to tinker until it works right.

As for production deficit. I never saw the AI go below zero in a regular game. But id o know tht when I added this before the AI started cranking up to 300+ units. It was crazy. I think Protra played a few of those.

Comment

• Does the Auto expire treaty work in the 735 build?Its still in the userprofle as a option to use.I recall that some builds had a problem with it.

Comment

• Protra I just checked the code it looks like it has been restored

Comment

• This may be because I'm playing on the lower difficulty levels but I've noticed that when I get barbs out of a goody hut they don't attack me. Similarly barbs in general won't attack lone settlers but will attack defended cities.

Comment

• hmmm in strategies.txt we beefed up the SIEGE goal so barbs would go after cities. But now they aren't going after settlers?

It seems something is odd with how strategies work. It sounds like the AI stays to focused on its overall goal and doesn't try to pick up the easy close targets. hopefully Martin can provide insights as to how adjust strategies.txt, but I hope its not a code issue (don't think so)

maybe trying making attack and siege equal?

Comment

• this may be trivial but should we do something in the code where you can land on another player's airfrield if you are not at war with them?

Comment

Working...
                                X