Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been thinking about proposing a feature: Why doesn't CTP2 has whitemail (Is this a word?!) options, like Stop war against ... , would be nice if there's really a World Peace Victory, not just gaining alliances with everyone because that's practically easy when your civilization is stronger than everyone else...

Comment

• Started a game using the new build 719.On very hard level with 8 other civs with giantic map.Only tweak was to change map size from 70 by 140 to 80 by 160.
      After 124 turns im in 7th place.Meet the Welsh and the Bantu Nation.Have a peace treaty with the Bantus and the Welsh have invaded my space.Had to give them two bribes gifts to keep peace with them.
      Im thinking of a gambit.Declaring war against the Welsh.Seems im above middle level on the milatary graph and the Welsh are at war with France so they are busy.Have 34 units and this about the best time to hit them.No bugs but something odd I have found.
      The Bantu Nation (have peace treaty) respects us and the Welsh dislikes us and completety trust us.I can not figure out the trust part.Maybe it was the bribe gifts?
      LemurMadness what about a wonder that starts a United Nations .Like the science victory which starts with a wonder but needs other things built to win the game.
      Has be a option that the AI is able to understand and use to make end game play more intresting

Comment

• I couldn't continue my game. 1670, going very well, but the game's taking too much to make an extra turn.

And I guess, since it's progressive, the lag between turns is going to be insane. Strange thing about this, is that is something i've experienced before, seems like the game thinks *SOMETHING* before my turn. (I think i've talked about this).

Comment

• I have yet to have that happen LemurMadness.I played the last build 716 almost to 2000 and every turn was the same speed.Have a P4 and 500ram system .I have found that its best to reload CtP2 and add the playtest files then the build.No mod files.Have yet to try any of the scenairos that come with the build.

Comment

• Uhm I can't imagine what's my problem. Maybe the Spanish version of CtP2 comes with a bug? I find that hard to believe, but I don't seem to find a practical explanation. Im on a Pentium M 1.8Ghz with 1GB Ram, and nothing else is running. Line #4 in civpaths.txt was changed from "spanish" to "english" to run the game in English, and "esp" to "eng" in appstr.txt. Dumping the AI reveals the following:

GameObj.cpp Error = No Such Object. Continue? (yes)

I guess this is one of the source code files. I have no idea what could be causing this, but it's been happening in two different computers.

Comment

• I've had a similar problem LemurMadness. My last long playtest on rev700 would pause on one AI's turn for a long time, starting somewhere around turn 300.

I don't know if it was related to sea transports or not, but it didn't happen in a long all-land map I was playing afterwards.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I believe it is caused by sea transports we discussed it in the AI thread. http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...hreadid=120528
                Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Playing the 719 build. I noticed that the Auto expire treaty after 20 turns is not working.Rechecked UserProifle to see if I made a mistake and forgot to change it from -1.It was set right and had =20..Is this a bug or is that code not working in this build?I get a warning that a treaty is about to run out.But it never does.For example a peace treaty would still show in the diplo informantion screen.

Comment

• it might be an error in the code. I'm starting to notice a few errors in the code like in tiled map that broke debugai and I swear my sectarianhappiness problem is related to it.

I'll try to track it down, but I've been busy lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Protra3211
                      Playing the 719 build. I noticed that the Auto expire treaty after 20 turns is not working.Rechecked UserProifle to see if I made a mistake and forgot to change it from -1.It was set right and had =20..Is this a bug or is that code not working in this build?I get a warning that a treaty is about to run out.But it never does.For example a peace treaty would still show in the diplo informantion screen.
                      Actually that was Fromafar, he disabled this for some compatibility reasons. However our approach is to crate the CTP2 as it was supposed and we have in CTP1 expiring treaties and therefore this is a missing feature. So actually if Fromafar doesn't like that than he should put it into his preference and shouldn't bother us with it. But the better solution here would be to put it into the text files.

However from this attitude he made upgrade and also unit civ flags an option you have to switch on. Actually I added the upgrade option so that it doesn't interfere with my test games, but I had it on per default. And for the flags I don't know what was the idea behind it to disable it for compatibilty sake with the Alex scenario. To make it work you have to add those flags to the civilisation.txt. If a civ does not have its unit flag, no flag is displayed whether the option is on or off. However I did not change the civilisation.txt of the Alex scenario, so it is flagless and there is no reason for switching the flags off.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Thanks Martin.Its a nice feature and makes sense as diplomatic agreements should have set limits.
                        I recall that from the first Call to Power too.Also there was building of embassies and other diplomactic deals.
                        Last edited by Protra3211; April 20, 2007, 16:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

However from this attitude he made upgrade and also unit civ flags an option you have to switch on. Actually I added the upgrade option so that it doesn't interfere with my test games, but I had it on per default. And for the flags I don't know what was the idea behind it to disable it for compatibilty sake with the Alex scenario. To make it work you have to add those flags to the civilisation.txt. If a civ does not have its unit flag, no flag is displayed whether the option is on or off. However I did not change the civilisation.txt of the Alex scenario, so it is flagless and there is no reason for switching the flags off.

-Martin

Was that why he disabled them? I have no problem creating flags for Alex scenario in that case.

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                            Was that why he disabled them? I have no problem creating flags for Alex scenario in that case.
                            No, not really. As I said if those flags aren't present in the civilisation.txt then no flag is displayed. That is the same effect if you disable the show flag option.

It rather has to do with your original implementation of the civ unit flags, those were hard encoded and were displayed anyway, even in scenarios with different civilisation.txt files. In front of that background it makes sense, but not afterwards I added the new mapicon database.

Originally posted by Protra3211
                            Uhm I can't imagine what's my problem. Maybe the Spanish version of CtP2 comes with a bug? I find that hard to believe, but I don't seem to find a practical explanation. Im on a Pentium M 1.8Ghz with 1GB Ram, and nothing else is running.
                            No, that isn't the problem, the problem is that the AI has not enough tranport ships for its army. I could fix a problem that prevented the AI from filling its existing transport ships, with the consequence of reducing the problem. But obviously there is still a problem.

and "esp" to "eng" in appstr.txt.
                            That should have no effect.

Line #4 in civpaths.txt was changed from "spanish" to "english" to run the game in English,
                            And that would work if all the *.ldl files in the ..\ctp2_data\english\uidata\layouts\ folder were present. Well obviously a job for E, since I don't have the English ones, but I assume that they are identical anyway. But if you want to play the scenarios in English you still need some missing text files for the Sven Samurai scenario and for the Nuclear entente scenario. Obviously a job for E again. And obviously your job is to provide the according Spanish files for the scenarios which include also the Spanish files for the Alexander scenario.

And I think there is also some translation work for you waiting. But for that I should dig up the translation center thread first.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

But now the columns don't have a base any more and are disconnected from the bottom edge of the window.

And by the way actually you should use standard dimensions, my monitor has a ratio of 4 to 3 and that is also the ratio of windows you use in CTP2. And therefore this are the expectations of a user. And to violate the expectations of a user, reader or listener is a bad idea. Maybe you should stick to the size of the Great Library.

Which holds also for the original mini-diplo-photos. And actually this holds also true for the flags. Ancient egypt wasn't an Arabian country, it had its own culture and its own religion. A modern flag here is just inapropiate.

That's true, at least for the original images, but there are also fan made images. And you can also put the flag on the sides of the leader images, one flag on the left and another flag on the right.

-Martin
                              I liked the original plan where you wanted to redo the interface and I'd do the graphics

I'm trying to finish up going through the readme (I'm looking for stuff I may have missed) and I want to add a list box like the scenario editor has for citystyles (when placing a city) and tileimps to use that on the controlpanel. I would like to see that functionality for orders and tileimps but I seem to not be able to get it working.

Comment

• I don't want to go too offtopic in the Unit Values thread, so here it goes:

I was making a sketch about limiting Advances to 4 "Child" Advances , but then I noticed that the HoverInfantry is supposed to be the most powerful unit on the game (as the game states). However, we are making the Plasmatica, a defensive, counter-HI unit that would help people prevent offensive, mass strikes and blitz-like attacks from the enemy without spending much costs on building the highly expensive, slow moving Leviathan.

Everything's ok, but there's something: Plasma Weaponry will have 3 units, which is IMHO, too much. I've got a suggestion, is that we move the Plasma Destroyer into a new advance that requires Advanced Naval Tactics, which is Plasma (Naval) Engineering.

Also, well I switched Nationalism with Gunpowder, and backwards, so Gunpowder gives Fascism. What about making Infantry Tactics ( Gunpowder + Feudalism? ) gives Fascism ( Infantry Tactics + Nationalism ), that way restricting Gunpowder to 4 "Child" Advances? (I think that's not the way it's put in the Apolyton Pack but then again I guess looks ok since it's supposed to be an early modern govemernt?)

So here's the "sketch":

+ Feudalism ( Stays the same ) = Pikemen, Knight
                                Archery ( Geometry + Feudalism ) = Longbowman
                                Bureaucracy ( Stays the same ) = Samurai
                                Agricultural Revolution ( Stays the same )

Yeah I guess Bureaucracy isn't the best option for the Samurai, because it's supposed to be a Passive research and it looks now all mixed up, but I found on Wikipedia (and I think I pasted some of the text) that the Samurai system was made in the Bureaucratic era -- not before.

+ Gunpowder ( Stays the same ) = Gives InfantryMen
                                Cavalry Tactics ( Stays the same ) = Gives Cavalry
                                Infantry Tactics ( Archery + Gunpowder ) = Gives Skirmisher
                                Cannon Making ( Stays the same ) = Gives Cannon
                                Explosives ( Stays the same ) = Gives Artillery

Infantry Tactics + Nationalism = Fascism

Adding the Infantry Tactics Advance, and changed Fascism. Archery was what I would consider the most proper option for Infantry Tactics, that would be almost the same training techniques but with guns? :crazy:

+ Plasma Weaponry ( Stays the same ) = Gives Plasmatica, Leviathan
                                Plasma Engineering ( Plasma Weaponry + Adv. Naval Tactics ) = Gives Plasma Destroyer
                                Nano Warfare ( Stays the same ) = Gives Infector

so, what do you guys think about it?

PS: Maybe we should start a thread about Advances?

Comment

Working...
                                X