This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the CtP1 shield.

Obviously anything in double figures doesn't fit on the shield, but I don't think it looks too bad though. It could be made bigger too, especially to make it as long as the CtP2 health bar.

On the far right is how it might look better, but with the flag aligned to the centre, or a longer flag the same length as the health bar.
    Attached Files
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• the far right bigger shield looks nicer..and civ2-ish which i don't mind. If we decide to go with that it will require some coding (not much) so let me know.

also the size of the health bar depends on the width of the black flag/box (set that way in the code) with a one pixel inflation so the health bar may always look slightly bigger (no idea hy thy did it like that)
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Still playing the same game and around 280 im still in first place.The autoexpire treaties does work anymore.But that is a miner problem as all other features of the build have worked fine with no crashes.
        AI to AI diplomacy is going well ,AIs fights one war at time and will cease fighting after 30 to 40 turns.
        I feel a defensive AI that projects force near its borders would be much harder to ware down.Using up many units before capturing a city would make you rethink stategy and diplomatic relations.The strategies and goal files in the mods offer some intresting numbers like Medmod which has a more defensive AI.
        Last edited by Protra3211; July 11, 2007, 13:02.

Comment

• The autoexpire treaties does work anymore
          I think your saying..does not work. I'll try and get a look at it.

How have the barbarians been acting? are they a major player - wiping out civs - or going for units AND cities?

Comment

• Thats right E it does not work.One more thing on AI to AI diplomacy, will it be able to trade techs or make other treaties other than withdraw or cease fire.

Comment

• Hey guys. First of all, I want to thank you for doing this project! I think it is great that CTP2 is still getting development and improvement.

I have a feature request, and please let me know what you think. In the diplomacy system, when I am in a game with a very large number (> 60) cities and I want to either give one to another player, or ask another player for a city, the pop-up menu listing city names is non-scrollable. Unfortunately this means many cities are not accessible. What makes it worse is that often the city I want to give away is one I just recently invaded (and that is consequently at the bottom of the list off-screen).

Is there any way that list could be made scrollable to fix this problem?
              Thanks for all your hard work!

Comment

• non-scrollable? I'll try to make it a list-box, but I haven't had much luck wit thta. I'll give it a shot (but it may be a while).

Protra do you remember when the treat thing stopped working? (which revision/build) thta'll make it easier for me to restore it.

Comment

• The autoexpire treaty does work E!Sorry about that.
                  In my game I had a peace treaty with Inca and it took 40 turns and I got the warning that my treaty with them would expire.
                  Had set it for 20 turns in Userprofile (rechcked it) but thats a miner fix.
                  Some side notes:You were right E my being in first place was because of early wonders.I was doing ok but now im showing as weak in strength compared to some AI factions.Like Mexico on my border which im at war with.It seems they have more fire power per unit and I might have to look for a white peace.Im waiting it out.
                  Mean while other AI nations like Turkey which I have beaten down have made a come back.In their case they have made and kept all cease fires.Showing that the AI can be smart at times.Also other AI factions are completing wonders now and should replace me for 1st place.Some mods have cut in half the value score of wonders.

Comment

• Just completed a game with the new playtest. Comments:-
                    • The barbs still don't seem to like attacking unit. On the other hand they didn't destroy any civs this time (thought I have increased the difficulty a little).
                    • The AIs were constantly pirating my trade routes. Even my ally joined in at one stage. Is this normal? They also had no respect for stop pirating requests.
                    • Research pacts appear to be completely useless when you are in the lead.
                    • I had a silent CTD (no ideas about the cause) but the game worked on reloading
                    • The computer made no effort to stop my Gaia Controller victory. In fact the AI never directly attacked me during the whole game (even when I was at war with one of them).
                    • The AI doesn't like to respect withdrawing requests. I also ended with one unit wandering around my territory the whole game and another that fortified a couple of spaces from my capital for the rest of the game.
                    • The game slowed down towards the end but that's probably due to my having GlobeSat and a map with lots of oceans.
                    Last edited by cap601; July 13, 2007, 16:22.

Comment

• thanks for the report cap. we definetely need to look into the piracy stuff.

while the linux merge is going on I fiddled with some graphics and this was something I came up for the new game screen. the gold buttons replace the tan ones (everywhere) so I'm not totally sold on them.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Massive Slowdowns in AI

Hi all,
                        Well I'm playing a game on a scaled-up map, 140x280, twice the size of the normal 'gigantic' map. I've made it to about 1000AD and my problem is that the AI is massively slowing down, making turns drag on for a very long time.

At first I thought the problem was with moving lots of units around... but that is not it! I did some checks with turning off fog of war and the AI's moves seem to be fast enough. The problem is that some (not all) AI civilizations just seem to hang for a long time (several minutes per civ) after they have done their moves for no apparent reason.

What does the AI do in its turn after moving units? Is this where it makes build decisions and places terrain improvements? There seems to be some sort of bug because it is taking a very long time to doe the work, but only some civilizations are affected.

One civ that is not affected: Germans seem to run fine. One that is: Japanese take forever.

Any help or info on SLIC would be appreciated, and if there is anything I can do let me know. Thanks again!

Comment

• Oh, as a follow-up. My hardware is an Intel Core laptop running at 1.6Ghz with 2Gb RAM, and a dedicated Nvidia 7300 graphics card. I don't think hardware is the issue since some civs run through pretty fast (even though they are large) while other civs take forever.

Comment

• Oh yeah (sorry to keep posting):
                            1. I'm using Apolyton version 751 build
                            2. I know that a 140x280 map is actually 4 times the tile-area of a normal gigantic map.

Comment

• CAjunArson.

Thanks. Do the Germans happen to be landlocked and the Japanese on the coast. I say that because their is aknown issue with te game lagging when the AI needs to calculate oversea transports. It works fine early in the game but later on with more ships and units the calculation takes really long. Most of of use this to get a refill or go to the bathroom

Comment

• Thanks. Do the Germans happen to be landlocked and the Japanese on the coast. I say that because their is aknown issue with te game lagging when the AI needs to calculate oversea transports.
                                Uh oh, I think that may be it
                                The Japanese have a bunch of Ironclads running around. They appear to move fast enough, but I guess the path calculations occur at a different time than when the ship actually moves.

I've slung some code in my time, do you know where the main path-finding code is in the source tree? If I can get some free time I'd take a look at it and maybe there is a way to speed things up.

Comment

Working...
                                X