Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i tried to remove my religion code (because the way unseencell is handled my only guess to transition tile), which i used to think is the problem...but still got the crash on your save game.

my next effort is to start a save game with the de-religion code removed. if that doesn't work...it'll take me a while to figure out what the problem is unless Fromafar or Martin G have an idea.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• cap could you start a new game with this one and let me know how it goes?

[LINK REMOVED]

see http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...48#post4976848

actually its not just a hotfix exe I actually included all the files in this build...so whatever
      Last edited by Ekmek; July 5, 2007, 19:01.

Comment

• Tried a few times with all crashing. The current crash.txt is:-
        Code:
        Version 2007-07-03
          0x00469521  [?DrawTransitionTile@TiledMap@@QAEXPAVaui_Surface@@ABVMapPoint@@HH@Z + 0x29f]
          0x0045828c  [?CalculateWrap@TiledMap@@QAEHPAVaui_Surface@@HH@Z + 0x292]
          0x00459136  [?RepaintTiles@TiledMap@@QAEHPAUtagRECT@@@Z + 0xc1]
          0x0045bf14  [?Refresh@TiledMap@@QAEHXZ + 0xa8]
          0x007e55cb  [?WhackScreen@@YAXXZ + 0xe]
          0x0089687e  [?FogButton@ScenarioEditor@@SAXPAVaui_Control@@IIPAX@Z + 0x21]
          0x00746b19  [?MouseLDropInside@aui_Button@@MAEXPAUaui_MouseEvent@@@Z + 0x12c]
          0x0080b520  [?MouseLDropInside@ctp2_Button@@UAEXPAUaui_MouseEvent@@@Z + 0x1d]
          0x0077b053  [?MouseDispatch@aui_Region@@QAEXPAUaui_MouseEvent@@H@Z + 0x2063]
          0x00776873  [?HandleMouseEvent@aui_Region@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAUaui_MouseEvent@@H@Z + 0x1ca]
          0x00776791  [?HandleMouseEvent@aui_Region@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAUaui_MouseEvent@@H@Z + 0xe8]
          0x0078dd54  [?HandleMouseEvents@aui_UI@@QAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@HPAUaui_MouseEvent@@@Z + 0x135]
          0x0078e668  [?Process@aui_UI@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0x23]
          0x0040f93b  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@AAEHIAAI@Z + 0x234]
          0x0040fc8e  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0xa7]
          0x00408e26  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3ea]
          0x0040879f  [WinMain@16 + 0x6d]
          0x009fcf1c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
          0x7c816fd7  [__onexitbegin + 0x7bc44e7f]
        This one's slightly different as it was caused when I opened the scenario editor and tried to clear the fog of war. I also get a crash when trying to open the editor from the main menus.

I think it's important that all the crashes have occurred when a new area of the map has been made visible. Could some object's graphical code be incorrect confusing the game?

Comment

• is this after a reboot?

if not please reboot and start a new game.

Comment

• There was a reboot between the first two crashes. I don't have any more time to do stuff tonight but I'll do some more tests tomorrow.

Comment

• thanks. i'm running out of options though

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                There seems to be a problem with the AI when you reduce GrowthRate in citysize*.txt. The AI seems to try and compensate for the slower growth by using way too many farmers.

GrowthRate is 5 times slower in the Alex scenario and the AI uses 14 workers (out of 20) as farmers in Athens for example. Obviously this kills it's production and commerce.

Is there a way around this besides putting GrowthRate back to normal?
                Yes, there is a way around it without putting growth rate back to normal. The AI tries to make the cities grow within 30 turns, of course provided there is enough growth potential left. If the city growth slower than 1 pop per 30 turns the AI will take counter measuremnts. Of course the 30 turns aren't hard encoded, you can change it in strategies.txt. The flag is called TurnsAcceptedForOnePop, put into the start startegies with an appropiate value and you should be fine.

However, this solution doesn't seem to be so optimal, since the AI behavior should take into account something like GrowthRate and some other factors like how much food is available in the world.

Originally posted by Maquiladora Also does this mean the AI doesn't use the pop assignment settings in strategies.txt to allocate it's workers anymore?
                Yes, that's right. Actually it is silly to add to all cities in your empire two farmers, whether these cities need them or not or even need more, maybe a mountain city needs all citizens to not die of starvation.

Originally posted by E Also thanks. i'm running out of options though
                Probably that's, because the defect lies somewhere else. Maybe something that steals some memory and corrupts that part of the memory in question. And well to find this defect is a lot of work.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I have had crashes as well.Just downloaded the new build and ziped into CtP2 folder.Might try a fresh install and see what happens.Only played about 10 turns.
                  I did try the hotfix for 748 as well which I downloaded and ziped in.After setting up a new single players game I hit the launch button and the game crashed to desk top.
                  Last edited by Protra3211; July 5, 2007, 01:10.

Comment

• I just did a reinstall of Build 735 (you can still download it here) and went 100 turns without a crash. And no one reportted a crash prior to 748 and after 735. I'm assuming it was extensively tested by our Beta team so I'm going to retrace the changes done since then. I'm thinking that maybe switching the unit flag display to maquiladora's version may be the source. I'll find out.

Edit: Removed links. For an up to date version of the Apolyton edition click here.
                    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:24.

Comment

• Cap, Maq, Protra could you start a new game with this one and let me know how it goes?

Rev748-Hotfix II

I think it was caused by the new stacking indicator. I used a negative number which the game apparently doesn't like

Edit: Removed links. For an up to date version of the Apolyton edition click here.
                      Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:24.

Comment

• I just want to confirm that CtP2:AE works perfectly on Vista!

Testing Rev748...

Comment

• I still got a crash when starting a new game.Even tried DebugSlic=No ,didnt work.Maybe a fresh reload of the game.

Comment

• yeah i recommend a frsh reload, make sure you copy completely over the original 48 with the hotix II

Comment

• all quiet?

Comment

• E I have the hotfix for 748 now and I reloaded CtP2.Just need the 748 build itself so I can put it all together.I thought I saved that file to desktop sorry.
                                First I will zip in rev748 then 748 hotfix 2 and go from there.
                                Last edited by Protra3211; July 6, 2007, 17:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X