This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this build is working out great!
    So far 131 moves into the game and the AI is being very competitive.Playing at very hard level with 8 AI factions.On largest map.In 5th place with one wonder as the AI beat me to 5 others.Met Portugal and gave a small gift which helped as the next turn the AI wanted to trade maps.Portugal has 13 cities along with 35 units.Not bad E seems the AI has been improved.By now in other builds I would be taken out one AI faction or close to it.
    The only thing I would change is how the map is generated. There are numbers(integers) found in the Const file that help build the map.In the Apolyton mod these numbers were tweaked to perfection.The land is less clumpy and blends in a way the helps the AI to expand faster.
    Side Note:Saved game reloaded without a problem.
    Last edited by Protra3211; May 18, 2007, 18:09.

Comment

• One thing I'm noting is that the game freezes during certain AI's turns and that this appears to be worsening as the game progresses. I can give a save if needed.

Comment

• Another thing is that your recent changes regarding slaves have broken the original behaviour of the Emancipation Act in the default game (i.e. you can still build slavers after it). Will this be reverted?

Comment

• Originally posted by cap601
          Another thing is that your recent changes regarding slaves have broken the original behaviour of the Emancipation Act in the default game (i.e. you can still build slavers after it). Will this be reverted?
          E, Emancipation Act should still act the normal way in the unmodded game. We haven't even decided to use it in the AEmod, but it's good to have it available.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Just add 'ProhibtSlavers' to wonder.txt and it will work as before (keep FreeSlaves there too). Sorry should of added that.

As for the slow games it might be the water calculation problem. How far into the game are you cap?
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• here's a fix for wonder.txt and ldl (in your language/layout folder, language doesnt matter) for that empty button (it was for AI No City Limit)
              Attached Files

Comment

• Currently I'm at turn 301 and towards the end of the Modern age but it's been going on for quite a bit now (prob. more than 50 turns).

Comment

• thanks cap. I believe is the water and transport problem Martin has mentioned before. the AI is thinking hard and trying to cross the sea but with so many units, so much discovred land, and available transport capacity it has a lot oto calculate.

I havent been able to help with that kind of code (I'm not much of a programmer in fact). Martin has been working it when he can.

Comment

• That seems like it would explain it.

Also, does anyone know why the AI likes settling in my forts? I'm getting weird situations like this one where I have control of the city square but nothing else and another one where I've lost the territory occupied by the city completely but kept some other loose squares.

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                      The Wonders and Tileimps not being built by barbarians I think is fair though
                      No E, this isn't fair. Hexagonian made it exactly like this that Barbarians may eventually turn into a real civ. You played around with the happiness and now you wonder why there are problems with happiness and cities revolt? Come on, you know that low happiness causes city revolts, so don't wonder that the Barbarians are so strong. As it seems you don't test your code, otherwise you would catch most of the problems, before you submit them. Actually it is your task if you release a playtest to do at least some minimum test, like taking a game and switch to the Babarians and let it run for 200 turns in auto-mode. That way you would have seen that cities break off for instance.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Well I'll make it yet another option. Personally I, and it looks like Maq, don't think barbs should build a civ and stil have the random generation of units. toopowerful, especialy at high settings.

As for hapiness. It appears out commenting of the sectarianhappiness did it. I thik what happened is that the game would see secthappy has 0 but on reload it would fill it with a random value or actually work. Why t would work is because the profile option wasn't called anywhere in the code that you fixed. Not blaming you, i thank you for the help, and if anything all my notes probably made the profile call hard to find in citydata.

In the meantime secthappy has been disabled and doesnt afect the game now. I'll commit that change soon.

Comment

• I fixed the Wonder limit option. Thanks Martin. I tested and it works.

Martin, any chance you could put some "todo" comments in UnitControlPanel and controlpanelwindow on how you make list boxes with graphics? I would like to see Orders and TileImps be handled with a list box much like its handled in the scenario editor when you "cheat" place a tileimp through the scenario editor.
                          Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                            Well I'll make it yet another option. Personally I, and it looks like Maq, don't think barbs should build a civ and stil have the random generation of units. toopowerful, especialy at high settings.
                            Please no more other options. As it sounded to me you disabled wonder building and and terrain improvement building by code changes. That is unnecessary for that task we have a file called startegies.txt.

For the wonders we have BuildListSequenceElement. You should replace BUILD_LIST_SEQUENCE_OFFENSE by BUILD_LIST_SEQUENCE_BARBARIAN which just contains no wonders and no buildings. Yeah actually the Barbarians even sell buildings each turn.

For terrain improvements you can set the PublicWorksPercent (PW Tax) to 0 and MaxEvalTileImprovements to 0, too. So that the Barbarians don't collect any public works and don't consider to spend it for any terrain improvement.

Originally posted by E
                            Martin, any chance you could put some "todo" comments in UnitControlPanel and controlpanelwindow on how you make list boxes with graphics? I would like to see Orders and TileImps be handled with a list box much like its handled in the scenario editor when you "cheat" place a tileimp through the scenario editor.
                            Probably this involves some copy, paste and modification of some code. Something a little bit bigger and a todo can only be a little bit more general like: Turn this into a list box. Well at least on the first look.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Please no more other options. As it sounded to me you disabled wonder building and and terrain improvement building by code changes. That is unnecessary for that task we have a file called startegies.txt.

For the wonders we have BuildListSequenceElement. You should replace BUILD_LIST_SEQUENCE_OFFENSE by BUILD_LIST_SEQUENCE_BARBARIAN which just contains no wonders and no buildings. Yeah actually the Barbarians even sell buildings each turn.

For terrain improvements you can set the PublicWorksPercent (PW Tax) to 0 and MaxEvalTileImprovements to 0, too. So that the Barbarians don't collect any public works and don't consider to spend it for any terrain improvement.
                              didn't think of that. good point hopefully maq sees this

Probably this involves some copy, paste and modification of some code. Something a little bit bigger and a todo can only be a little bit more general like: Turn this into a list box. Well at least on the first look.

-Martin
                              Anything could help. I think this change would help a lot and makes it a better interface, besides allowing modders to add more orders and tileimps. I have a bunch of out comments but not sure where to begin.

Comment

• Originally posted by E

didn't think of that. good point hopefully maq sees this
                                Maybe I should just quote myself from earlier in this thread

Originally posted by Maquiladora

You dont need a check do you? Just make sure the barb doesn't generate any PW or build settlers/tileimps/wonders/wrong buildings in strategies.txt. They could find settlers in ruins though i think.
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X