Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the same rev732 AE mod game attached above. I just tried again to reload and got a different crash.txt.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• i just loaded it and got the workday crash as well.

Any chance you can start a new game, not AE mod and see if it pop-ups there. Just wonderingif its a scenario problem or maybe a directory problem etc.
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by E

Good point. I think I'll make it so barbarians cant build wonders. I guess that could be another rules option.
        I wouldn't even bother putting it in the rules screen. a) I doubt if anyones going to miss it? b) the rules screen is already quite big, and c) barbarins don't care about wonders dammit An option in one of the files would be fine IMO.

Not sure what to do about the early kills though. that happens in all civ games. What we should do though is that once a civ is killed, the game should check for any barbarian cities and make them a new civ.
        Barbs capturing a city or two around the world is fine, but at the moment they're crippling the AI expansion, and would've crippled me had i not built Great Wall.

IMO if barbs capture a city they should fill it with 11 units garrison, dont built settlers or tile imps, but build walls and ballista towers then start building units to send out to get more cities.

Any chance you can start a new game, not AE mod and see if it pop-ups there. Just wonderingif its a scenario problem or maybe a directory problem etc.
        Will do.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

I wouldn't even bother putting it in the rules screen. a) I doubt if anyones going to miss it? b) the rules screen is already quite big, and c) barbarins don't care about wonders dammit An option in one of the files would be fine IMO.

Barbs capturing a city or two around the world is fine, but at the moment they're crippling the AI expansion, and would've crippled me had i not built Great Wall.

IMO if barbs capture a city they should fill it with 11 units garrison, dont built settlers or tile imps, but build walls and ballista towers then start building units to send out to get more cities.
          you might have opened a barbarian debate. It should be easy to put a check to make sure barbs don't build wonders or tileimps. what level of barb are you playing on by the way. i've learned that raging hordes is truly raging now withte improved strategies.

the revolts may be part of this happiness bug popping up or something in the AE.

Comment

• Originally posted by E

you might have opened a barbarian debate. It should be easy to put a check to make sure barbs don't build wonders or tileimps. what level of barb are you playing on by the way. i've learned that raging hordes is truly raging now withte improved strategies.

the revolts may be part of this happiness bug popping up or something in the AE.
            You dont need a check do you? Just make sure the barb doesn't generate any PW or build settlers/tileimps/wonders/wrong buildings in strategies.txt. They could find settlers in ruins though i think.

I was using the top setting, but in AE mod i reduced the sponataneous and ruins barbs back to vanilla game levels to try and help.

Comment

• Barbarians are a major player in my games too. At least in the games I have played, barbs secure their cities very badly, with only a few units, so this gives an opportunity to a player with a medicore army to easily conquer big areas by invading into barb territory once they have done the dirty job.
              The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
              - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• I played a couple of hundred turns last night without any problems. When I try to load my game (see attachment) today it freezes during the bluey-purple AI's turn. During that phase there also seem to be a very large number of cities revolting which I hadn't noticed happening at any other point in the game. Any ideas?
                Attached Files

Comment

• There definitely seems to be a problem with happiness on reloaded games, on standard and using AE mod.

Comment

• i'll check it out. I think I have a hunch as to what is causing. hopefully I'll post a new build today.

Comment

• I'm about ready o release a build. I *think* my sectarian happiness was causingthe problem so I removed it.

I also prevent barns from building wonders or tileimps.

I can add a feature where a barbarian city loses one population per turn until it dies. Anyone want that?

Iadded it. lets see how it goes
                      Last edited by Ekmek; May 18, 2007, 12:42.

Comment

• Hotfix Build 732

These files need to be installed first

LATEST PLAYTEST: September 9th 2006

2006.09.09.CTP2.Playtest.1of3.rar
                        2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.2of3.rar
                        2006.08.26.CTP2.Playtest.3of3.rar

Then install this

HOTFIX

LATEST BUILD REV 732b: May 18th 2007

Rev732b Hotfix

Edit: Removed links. For an up to date version of the Apolyton edition click here.

Brief Changelog:
                        2007-05-18
                        Added: Barbarians can't build Wonders
                        Added: Barbarians cant build tileimps
                        Added: Barbarian cities lose 1 citizen per turn
                        Disbabled: sectarian happiness
                        Disabled: draw city improvements (wasn't working and causing crash)

2007-05-16
                        Disabled: MaxCityWonders because it caused crash
                        Disabled: MaxCityBuildings because it caused crash
                        Changed: NeedsFeatToBuild now only sees if player has feat not all players
                        Added: NeedsAnyPlayerFeatToBuild to allow construction regardless which player achieved feat
                        Added: New Options
                        - Rules Screen
                        No AI City Limit Government City Limit happiness effect for AI can be toggled on/off
                        No City Limit Government City Limit happiness effect can be toggled on/off
                        Added: New Database Flags
                        - ConstDB
                        MAX_CITY_WONDERS modders can specify the number of wonders a city can build
                        MAX_CITY_BUILDINGS modders can specify how many buildings a city may build
                        - WonderDB
                        ProhibtSlavers this wonder flag prevents addition slavers

2007-05-01 (revision 726)
                        Fixed: Barbarian player cannot decalre war from diplomanager
                        Fixed: Disband Assert errors in Debug version
                        Changed: (Alex Scenario) now uses improved AI strategies
                        Fixed: (Alex scenario) building tileimps now have sound
                        Fixed: (Samurai Scenario) Scenario shold now be playable
                        Fixed: Unit Upgrading
                        Fixed: Search error showing hidden entried in the Great Library
                        Fixed: Error reading the incorrect entry in the Great Library
                        Fixed: Bug causing two workers to be subtracted from a city when settler built
                        Added: Ruins Tileimp to be used with profile option of razed cities leaving a ruin on the map
                        Added: New Database Flags
                        - ConstDB
                        MAX_CITY_WONDERS modders can specify the number of wonders a city can build
                        MAX_CITY_BUILDINGS modders can specify how many buildings a city may build
                        - WonderDB
                        BuildingEffectEverywhere same as BuildingEverywhere but flag is more explanatory
                        - TerrainImprovementDB
                        RiverOnly tileimp can only be build on a river
                        IsUrban tileimp is considered urban
                        IsIrrigation tileimp is considered irrigation
                        NeedsIrrigation tileimp must be build one square from IsIrrigation tileimps or a river
                        NextToCity tileimp must be built 1 square next to city
                        IsWonder tileimp is a wonder and can only be built if a player has a wonder
                        tileimp can only be built once
                        tileimp must be built in a square owned by the cit that built the tileimp
                        Added: New Options
                        - Rules Screen
                        AImilitia Empty AI cities generate a cheap unit at the beginning of a turn
                        No AI gold deficit AI ctites don't drop below 0
                        No AI production deficit AI production never drops below 0
                        Gold per city cities cost gold multiplied by the number of city limit
                        Gold per unit units cost gold each turn multiplied by wage rate
                        Aicitydefense AI cities have a defense increase based on population size
                        - Scenario Editor
                        DebugAI Button toggles showing the AI unit's goals
                        - Gameplay Screen
                        ShowEnemyHealth toggles shoowing AI health bar
                        ShowDebugAI toggles showing the AI unit's goals
                        Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 17:17.

Comment

• Re: Hotfix Build 732

Originally posted by E
                          Added: Barbarians can't build Wonders
                          Added: Barbarians cant build tileimps
                          Added: Barbarian cities lose 1 citizen per turn
                          Don't mess around with the gameplay, E. Especially the last one isn't okay.

Originally posted by E
                          Disabled: draw city improvements (wasn't working and causing crash)
                          And what does mean this? Espeacilly if you consider that here are a lot of people you never have read any part of the source code.

-Martin
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• this stuff hasn't made it into the readme or the svn. Just seeing if they fix some problems.

The Wonders and Tileimps not being built by barbarians I think is fair though
                            Last edited by Ekmek; May 18, 2007, 14:25.

Comment

• its too quiet now

Comment

• With the new build my game's started working again without any revolts.

Comment

Working...
                                X