No announcement yet.

Medieval Pack II: A Call to Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ta'bas, your problem is probably caused by the elite units code. Read this thread where someone else had the same problem.

Comment

• Thanks Paul, all units are available.........

Comment

• thanks Paul, the units are now available.

Comment

• HELP I HAVE TO KNOW WHY WHEN I TRY TO PLAY THE CRUSADE BETA ModSwapper Does not detec it

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua123
            HELP I HAVE TO KNOW WHY WHEN I TRY TO PLAY THE CRUSADE BETA ModSwapper Does not detec it
            I don't know why Wes didn't updated the forum link on his web page. Maybe he has some access problems again.

At least you found the recent thread. For everyone else here is the latest thread about Medieval Pack II v2.1: Crusade!

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I am having trouble downloading Medpact II. I have the 2 large files from the Apolyton Directory. When I unzip them to the CTP2 Directory, the readmes show up, but the mod does not appear in my Modswapper, or anywhere else. I have a fairly recent version of WinZip (8.1), so I don't think the fault lies there. I had no problems loading Cradle or Goodmod. Any suggestions?

Comment

• try download it from his site, thats where i got mine and it works fine

Oxygen should be considered a drug
                Tiberian Sun Retro
                My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

• I have yet to play my first Medieval Pack game, but in reading this forum I notice three distinct differences from Cradle. The MedPack seems to do a better job of balancing things. In Cradle, at least at the harder levels you must start out by attacking your nearest neighbors as soon as possible, Dipomatic agreements with the AI are worthless, and there is no attempt to have tech advances correlate to history. In fact, in the current tourney game, I got my butt kicked by an AI that had Tanks, Bombers, and Artilary in 500AD!! (Vs my Legions and Catapults). I liked the Cradle game a lot, but I think I'm going to like this Mod even better.

Is the "Crusade" pack the latest version of MedPack, or is it a 2nd version to "A Call To Arms".

Is there another Forum thread for the current version?

Comment

• Originally posted by mnbryan37
                    I am having trouble downloading Medpact II. I have the 2 large files from the Apolyton Directory. When I unzip them to the CTP2 Directory, the readmes show up, but the mod does not appear in my Modswapper, or anywhere else. I have a fairly recent version of WinZip (8.1), so I don't think the fault lies there. I had no problems loading Cradle or Goodmod. Any suggestions?
                    Just had this problem myself. Some of the files are in the wrong folder.

In the medmod_text_pics_and_videos.zip there's a ctp_data folder. Inside that, there's another ctp_data folder which shouldn't be there. Inside the second ctp_data folder there are two folders, default and english, these should be copied into the ctp_data folder in the game.

While we're on the subject, what difficulty level is MedMod best played at for someone who's used to playing at King level in Civ2?

I've tried medium difficulty in SAP 2 and it was way too easy. You can't change the difficulty level during the game, can you?

Also, is there a smaller world map available for MedMod?

Paul

Comment

• All players need to change the line "DebugSlic" from "Yes" to "No" in their userprofile text. This file is found in the ctp2_program\ctp folder. This may be done before or after installing the modpack, but it must be done every time you re-install Call-to-Power 2. Do not forget that you need the 1.1 patch installed, too.
                      i cant seem to find the folder where i am suppose to change theline into no, i got i.i installed.
                      can anyone help me i have done the rest but i just cant find the text and its driving me crazy to read how great the mod is and i cant seem to find this text

Comment

• Well not to be funny, but find you CTP2 installation on your hard drive(usualy in your C: drive under programfiles), then just double click on the folder called 'ctp2_program', and then again on the folder that is called 'ctp2' .
                        Now on the screen somewhere amongst the files you should see a file called 'userprofile.txt' .
                        You will need to open it in Notepad or something like that.
                        Now scroll down the page to find the entry 'Debugslic=Yes'.
                        Change the 'Yes' to a 'No' and when you exit notepad agree to save the changes to the file.
                        That should be it if my memmory serves me
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Great mod. Cant believe I waited this long to try it out.
                          Been a CtP2 fan since it came out and the work done on the game has kept me coming back for more.
                          Apoltyon Pack has very strong millatary AI that can catch you off guard if your not careful. Watch diplomacy.

But the MedPack has many features and allows for more time to build up you empire and its a race with the AI to see who can build the fastest.
                          It must have taken alot of time to put this together and also at the time of its release many were just figuring out how the AI worked.

Comment

• Just some small details I forgot to add in. Playing on the hightest level -huge map -8 civs. No playtest files.
                            So far I played 274 turns 1040AD im Indonesia. No early wars for most Civs are out of reach on the largest map. Run into France first and have kept a guarded diplo stance . Just trading maps and sometimes a warning to stop research on a new advance. Then Sweden which I have a peace treaty with and China.
                            Like the new units like the Noble unit -Phalanx-light cavalry many more. Im in 8 place now , only 7 cities as barbs kept me busy. But feel the next 100 turns things should pick up as production is speeding up (need those tile improvments) and have room to expand as borders are not yet locked in with other civs
                            Just wanted to see if anyone still plays this mod anymore or has made some improvments that might be a help in future develoments

Comment

Working...
                            X