Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn 5 to quinns!

Comment

Quinns had drawn my attention to an in-game bug that I wasn't aware of. As you probably know, rush buying has a different gold-to-production ratio depending on the nature of the thing you're buying - improvements are cheaper, while the units and wonders are more expensive.
      The exploit is to rush-buy a building and then change it to an unit of comparable price, thus getting the unit much cheaper.
      I'm intending to adress the issue in the next edition of the mod, but for now:
      Do we trust each another enough to make a gentlemanly agreement that we'll refrain from using that exploit, or should I prepare updated game files, that will brutally level the rush buy cost to a constant gold-to-production ratio? I'm voting for the former option. Please speak up.

Comment

Max, it doesn't have to be to a "unit of comparable price", it will allow you to change it to ANY unit. It's a bad bug, and it was bad enough to break up another ranking website dedicated to CTP called "gameleague" (I think that was the name). Some players used the bug without telling anyone about it (and it does make a huge difference). Then when others found out that some of the top players had done that, they were outraged and many split from the group. It was nearly impossible to trace who used the bug in "online multiplayer" (which is what gameleague was) but in PBEM it is quite easy to check (after the game is over -- or during the game with an unbiased observer who checks the PBEM files). We've never had a problem with it once we banned it.

Comment

I'll trust you. I don't think Max or Solar will try cheating, Quinss also should be fine. If not... I'll use my super skills and will just finish this game... by ragequit
          Joking ofc. Let's proceed.

Comment

Turn 7 to quinns... By God Emperor, at long last

Comment

Turn 7 to Solar... Glad to see such anticipation in this game -- but this slowness is going to happen with me occassionally. Very busy.

Comment

Anyway, I'm keeping all the turns, so they will be available for inspection after the game
                Last edited by Max_Smirnov; April 20, 2011, 00:29.

Comment

Turn 8 to Max

Comment

Turn 8 to quinns.

Comment

Turn 9 to quinns.

Comment

Turn 9 to Solar Prestige a Gamon!

It's 7050 years before Christ was born. The Mexicans know how to: build a fire, grow corn, make a club, and draw pictures on cave walls! So there -- beat that!

Comment

Japanese are spending their free time cutting each other with katan... wooden swords/random sharp objects that are around so their population grow slower then it should be

Comment

Vikings stare in awe at their brand new f**khuge dried-clay granary, the fruit of generations of 12-hour-a-day labour, wondering what the heck do they need such a megalithic building for.
                            Also, 10 to quinns.

There is one more thing: building a city on a pre-existing mine or farm is considered a cheat on the CTP ladder. I propose to allow for that. If someone is willing to go to such lenghts to make a city a little more powerful, I don't see a problem with that. Especially since this helps making plain cities competitive to forest cities. Of course, if anyone vetoes it, we won't use that exploit.

PS. I didn't miss that Elton John reference
                            Last edited by Max_Smirnov; April 21, 2011, 17:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Smirnov View Post
                              PS. I didn't miss that Elton John reference
                              I wasn't sure if anyone would get that. In that song, I think Bernie Taupin just got sick of getting a bunch of notes from Mr. John then saying, "Here, Bernie, write some lyrics to this!" "Okay, here you go, Elton, first line -- 'Solar prestige a gamon'" What the?

Comment

11 to quinns

Comment

Working...
                                X