X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checkMate
    replied
    I keep wanting to click that "show me" button up there.

I guess I'm from Missouri.

A slaver attacks a phalanx. I want that kind of slaver.
    Particularly if he could win the battle.

I guess it could happen if the slaver was in a stack, and the stack took out all but the last sliver of health from that Phalanx. Then the slaver would have just enough left to do in the Phalanx?

Leave a comment:

• blackice
    replied
    Me either... lol

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by blackice
    lol
    I didnt think that was possible?

maybe not in my version at least

Leave a comment:

• blackice
    replied
    lol
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• blackice
    replied
    It is a good one indeed, don't forget quinn he has 12 years online or was it 11? gaming.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Dimytes

Mathematical calculations mostly and some game mechanics research.

©2004 Dimytes
    good game mechanics?

I didnt think we could build a mechanic?

It would make sense I believe

Leave a comment:

• Dimytes
    replied
    Originally posted by quinns
    I agree. This is exactly my strategy (less Stonehenge and East India). Where did you learn that, Dimytes? I learned it from trial and error!!!
    Mathematical calculations mostly and some game mechanics research.

©2004 Dimytes

Leave a comment:

• quinns
    replied
    Originally posted by Dimytes

There is no real defence against that. Only thing to do in my opinion is to get the advances first and strike first. And then all gets back to the old rabbit strategy:

1. 100% focus on getting Theocracy.

2. Only produce settlers until number of cities + settlers in production + active settlers = 40.

3. Build cities on forest and put worker on the best tile avialble with either sea or grassland.

4. Add 3 warriors for scouting once you have built 2-3 cities. I usually try to make sure to have at least 2 cities before I build a warrior.

5. Produce following in this order in your cities, Granary - Aqueduct - Mill.

6. ALWAYS make sure to produce a granary first. If you don't it WILL take twice as long to grow it from size 2 to 3. Rush buy granaries in cities that have 1 turn left before it grows and more than 1 turn left on granary production. this is the ONLY thing you should spend your gold on until 40th city has a granary secured before it grows to size 2.

7. Get stonehenge!

7.5 East india company can be a good choice too incase you have much sea vs land.

8. Race for London Exchange! 100% focus on this. If you win this you will most likley get 80% or more of all future key wonders.

9. Watch your opponents chin hit the floor.

Once you have 10 cities make sure to stop producing settlers in one city. Start producing Granary - Aqueduct - Mill instead. Make sure this is a GOOD production/growth city that can race for wonders. Very important.

Satisfied Blackice?

[b]©2004 Dimytes

I agree. This is exactly my strategy (less Stonehenge and East India). Where did you learn that, Dimytes? I learned it from trial and error!!!

The only thing that I vary is using the "number of cities = 40" strategy. IF you are far from your opponent(s), then I do the 40 city under Theocracy strategy. However, if you are near to your opponent you may try the Ancient Attack -- Build 10 to 15 cities, no buildings at all, once you get to your 10 to 15 city limit switch everything to Samurai, Mounted Archer, and ROADS TO YOUR OPPONENT'S HEARTLAND. Wait for the right moment then ATTACK! This is risky because if you can't break through QUICKLY, your opponent (that used the standard 40 city method) will be in a much better science and production position for the rest of the game.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    Originally posted by checkMate
    Actually you can start on a long build and legally switch to the wonder with a goodly amount of production already done on the wonder (i.e rolled over from the improvement.) This might be a good idea if you time it correctly.
    Yes, thats what I was refering to.

Leave a comment:

• checkMate
    replied
    Actually you can start on a long build and legally switch to the wonder with a goodly amount of production already done on the wonder (i.e rolled over from the improvement.) This might be a good idea if you time it correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    filix we should be playing mp now!!

Leave a comment:

• filix
    replied
    Originally posted by EPW
    Oh, the whole rush buy thing where you get the wonder for alot less than you should?
    You can build it in less time if you buy a building and switch in the same turn to something that needs more production.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    Oh, the whole rush buy thing where you get the wonder for alot faster than you should?

edit: meant faster not less
    Last edited by EPW; October 19, 2004, 19:05.

Leave a comment:

• filix
    replied
    Originally posted by EPW

Pre-building a wonder is against the rules? why?
    I ment to use the bought production for the wonder

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    Originally posted by filix
    Its good to produce an colusseum or a cathedral before you get the invention that allows you to build the wonder.
    When you get the knowlege buy the cthedral and switch to the wonder
    Pre-building a wonder is against the rules? why?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X