No announcement yet.

The Chiron Chronicle - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for info: Until Googlie Returns (Mid-October) I will run the Morganites. Also if needed I will run the Hive? [LMP, is it needed?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

...well, maybe the earlier techs may be reach in about a week real time or more, but later techs will take longer to research, like the Game ...

Well, keep in mind, adding this extra level increases the complexity of the research system needed.

Trying to keep it as simple as possible, here is a proposed method.

Note - I don't see anyone lowering their research allocation below 50%, and anything over 50% doesn't count unless we want to start monitering efficiency levels etc so, I will assume that the base time for research is one week for everyone.

OK, how about this formula
      Time (real days) = 7 + [(#tech-5)*2] - Facs bonus

therefore, the first six techs are free (1 week to research - no neg values in []brackets), and then each tech takes two days longer to research (7th takes 9 days, 8th takes 11 days etc...)

each research facility adds one to the facs bonus
      these are

network node
      biology lab
      fusion lab
      nanohospital
      quantum lab
      research hospital

punishment sphere (-1)

So imagine a faction with 7 researched techs and two network nodes, the formula would be
      7+[(7-5)*2]-2
      =9 days until next tech researched.

therefore, in the admin thread, we should report our research like this

techs known - list
      #techs - #
      facs bonus - #
      day last tech researched - date
      days to next discovery - #

I will alter my admin entry as an example

Note - Uni +1 to facs bonus, CC +2

Note also, for simplification, I have not included anythig to do with economy (more income-more research), that just seemed too hard.

Anyway, what does everyone think?

[This message has been edited by XWaste (edited September 26, 2000).]
      [This message has been edited by XWaste (edited September 26, 2000).]

Comment

I don't think we need to run the Hive, Peacekeepers and Spartans starting things up on that continent will be good enough.

As for the research thing, it is a good system just need to keep tally of research points i make then...

50% is a real week plus the extra days for the later techs - the fac bonus.
        40% is two weeks, 30% three weeks.... Also the Social Research bonus also would be part of the facbonus...like lets it is +1 Research...so minus -1 on time for research for each base you have...or -2 if it is +2 research...if lets say it -2 Reseach, then you add +2 only to the amount of time it takes to research or whatever...maybe +4 or something.

-LordLMP

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by XWaste on 09-26-2000 12:05 AM

OK, how about this formula
          Time (real days) = 7 + [(#tech-5)*2] - Facs bonus

therefore, the first five techs are free (1 week to research), and then each tech takes two days longer to research (6th takes 9 days, 7th takes 11 days etc...)

each research facility adds one to the facs bonus
          these are

network node
          biology lab
          fusion lab
          nanohospital
          quantum lab
          research hospital

punishment sphere (-1)

So imagine a faction with 7 researched techs and two network nodes, the formula would be
          7+[(8-5)*2]-2
          =11 days until next tech researched.

you said 7 researched, so where did the 8 came from?

7+[(7-5)*2]-2
          7+[2*2]-2
          7+ 4 - 2
          7+ 2

That would be nine days. anyway, i get it...don't mind me, just not the best at math :P

quote:

therefore, in the admin thread, we should report our research like this

first, forget what i said about the social research thing... anyway...

But University gets free network node for each base...so, their facbonus is 4 in total.

-LordLMP

Comment

Oh yeah, getting confused with my own formula...seven techs researched, then my brain jumped that therefore the next one is number eight...

Comment

Social engineering bundled with facs bonus?
              is that what you meant, pretty easy to incorprate
              Fundy -2
              knowledge +2
              cybernetic +2

Comment

What happend to keeping it simple?????????
                Some of us aren't very mathematically inclined here!
                -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

Since i was at school when i replied that...and nothing else to do, i made a little simple Visual Basic Program to calculate it aswell as translating realtime to gametime like, takes 9 real days to research, which equals 180 days/4.5 months Gametime.

if you like, i can send that program to ya

-LordLMP

Comment

That kind of program would be quite useful for me(Too lazy to do math ).Also,LordLMP, could you send me that map
                    Thanks.

Comment

Actually, I think I've got the math figured out. I just have to keep my little equation at the bottom of my post.

How long should it take before my Network Node is finished? Colony Pod?

And how is the pop growth going to work?
                      -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

For pop Growth, we'll increase by 1 Person Icon in each base per game year i guess.

For buildings, well, how long do you think it would take to build a Colony Pod that can carry 1,000 to 10,000 people? how do you think it would take to contruc a Network Node? How long does it take us in real life to contruct office building? how for a arena? how long for a large house? a simple building? What kind of improved techs in contruction in the game would improve contruction time?

what i am trying to say is, common sence man be realistic...realize the bases position and available resources and people to get it built, and so on. just don't have buildings to be built in a simple two game weeks :P if you go overboard, me and Moderators will tell ya

-LordLMP

Comment

Did everyone get the ChironMap? the ChironOverviewMap on bitmap? ChironContinentMap on bitmap? SpartanMap on bitmap?

-LOrdLMP

Comment

LordLMP- Nope, still have the chironmap.sc only, which doesn´t want to work.

Comment

Got my maps fine - good work by the way

Comment

LordLMP- F*ck, just my luck!My e-mail couldn´t open the file you sent, gave me some "Proxy error".Could you send it to me again?
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X