Glimpse of Chiron turn tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :/
    I'm feeling hard done by here not getting Governor due to SP/PBEM game differences not getting, my first or second choice in the election and the election being won undemocratically (if icewind confirms what he said to be correct.)

Oh, Icewind, was the Council still counting my votes or had it changed peopel voting for me to "Abstain".

Comment

• No, it was STILL counting 2 "Lal" votes (yours and Fosse). But as an option for me, you didnt appear anywhere..
      "Too much ambition is a sin...only if you fail"
      Yoritomo Kumiko

Comment

• I blame the United States Supreme Court.

If there is a way to "install" Senethro as Governor - which is what would have happened had all parties been able to cast their votes correctly - without changing anything else then I'd be in favor of that.

As far as I can tell though - unless there's something Darsnan can do - that would mean going back two turns, Sebed delaying PTS one turn (with Senethro not finishing it), the voting taking place, and then Sebed finishing it the turn he votes, so it gets built the turn after he votes.

Sebed still gets the project he rightfully - and rather impressivly - finished. Senethro gets elected according to the wishes of the majority of the votes. The biggest headache is that we replay the turns.

What does everyone think?

Comment

• Ever so slightly easier option: if Sebed's turn is before the Hive's perhaps he could vote for me instead? Its unavoidable that I won't be available to be a voting choice for Icewind but if my votes are still being counted then it should still let me win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fosse
            As far as I can tell though - unless there's something Darsnan can do - that would mean going back two turns, Sebed delaying PTS one turn (with Senethro not finishing it), the voting taking place, and then Sebed finishing it the turn he votes, so it gets built the turn after he votes.
            i cannot agree to go back 2 turns and play in different way our moves!
            my quck completion of PTS was intended...
            besides i was able to do it 2 turns before either...

Comment

• Originally posted by Senethro
              Ever so slightly easier option: if Sebed's turn is before the Hive's perhaps he could vote for me instead?
              absolutelly not - i voted for my pact-brother and you cannot make me not to be loyal to him!

Comment

• Actually, Senethro's solution is far more elegant, and should work.

The way the election turned out was due to poor design of the Council system, and since we know exactly what caused it and have a work around that won't negativly hurt anyone I would be in favor of that. That solution doesn't have teh problem of mine of costing anybody a turn of production. I support it.

I trust Sebed and Icewind to play their turns the same way (except for the vote), letting us get the result that would have occured if we all voted a the same instant, as the design tries to replicate (since we all vote with election time votes, even if pop changes drastically).

Comment

• But Sebed, we're trying to make the game's mechanic reflect what should have happened. Based on our understanding of how things would have worked Senethro should have been elected.

A design flaw didn't let Icewind cast his vote the way he intended to, which is just the game not letting him be loyal. There is no repurcussion for you - the Hive won't get mad - and it lets things progress fairly.

We should wait to see what Lord_Icewind thinks, then PM Darsnan again if necessary.

Comment

• Oh, for me go ahead...I don't care as long as I get to vote who I intended to
                    Yoritomo Kumiko

Comment

• If it makes it easier for you Sebed, I also am pacted with the Hive. I'm sure the good Chairman wouldn't mind you voting for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fosse
                        But Sebed, we're trying to make the game's mechanic reflect what should have happened. Based on our understanding of how things would have worked Senethro should have been elected.
                        don't you think i should have more votes?
                        don't you think i should be one of the candidates?
                        A design flaw didn't let Icewind cast his vote the way he intended to, which is just the game not letting him be loyal. There is no repurcussion for you - the Hive won't get mad - and it lets things progress fairly.
                        i don't think so...
                        the fact is Senethro lost election and i cannot agree for changing our moves just to let him win - no, no, no!
                        We should wait to see what Lord_Icewind thinks, then PM Darsnan again if necessary.
                        OK
                        but you all wanted to vote for Senethro, only I voted for current governor...

Comment

• Icewind: its unavoidable due to the game mechanics that you won't get to vote for me.
                          My solution is that Sebed votes for you...kind of. and you abstain.

This election is already worse than what America 2001.

Comment

• Sebed: I had the votes required and all the commlinks at one instant in the game and I dont think I should be disqualified just because of a screwy game mechanic.
                            This is just a player solution similar to the way that you don't mind control/bribe an Angel players cities when he has +4 probe even though you can.

Comment

• That is absolutely not the point Sebed...
                              with all due respect, Senethro would have won if it wasn't for a game flaw, so we should do something about it. That's all.
                              Yoritomo Kumiko

Comment

• yes...
                                it's all about game mechanics...
                                at the beginning of the council game counted 21 vots for me, but after my voting i had... 36 votes!!!
                                and this is the reason Yang won!!!

of course it's sad for you but it's also sad for me as i couldn't be elected - i think we are both hurt, but it's fair...

Comment

Working...
                                X