Lal : 40

PTS completed by Gaia
    [turn sent to Lord Icewind]

Comment

• Turn sent to Senethro
      "Too much ambition is a sin...only if you fail"
      Yoritomo Kumiko

Comment

• Ok, what happened here? Apparently I just got disqualified as a candidate for whatever reason and Icewind wasn't able to vote for me, meaning we didn't all get to vote for the same candidates.

Does anyone have a problem with this or shall we just run with it?

Reading official "tournament" rules and guidelines, it is suggested the person who calls council or the first after an AI has called council should have announced all current votes and current allegiances and the winner calculated based on that.
        I think that system was developed to avoid situations where the votes of other factions are artificially decreased by abuse of nerve gas or planetbusting.

Additionally, just as a point of pure interest, did the CPU controlling my faction offer you a bribe with my money Sebed? I didn't quite follow what your email said.

Comment

• I've PMed Darsnan.

I assume that Icewind intended to vote for you, couldnt', and e-mailed you the news that he couldn't? If so, this is definatly a problem and I'd like to know what we could do to make the game turn out the way it should have. Should we replay the election turns? I know that Sebed finished PTS during those turns, but that should have already happened in the year the vote was called, so nothing should be impacted (still, doesnt sound great).

I've never seen something like this before in a PBEM - and I've only seen a handul of threeway votes in signle player.

Comment

• Definetly, it is a weird situation, and should be investigated.
            And yes, I tried to vote for Lal but he was not an option...and the weirdest thing is that when I summed up my votes, Aki would have won...but Yang did. I really don't get it.
            Yoritomo Kumiko

Comment

• Originally posted by Senethro
              Additionally, just as a point of pure interest, did the CPU controlling my faction offer you a bribe with my money Sebed? I didn't quite follow what your email said.
              I must regretfully admit you were trying to bribe me by paying 75E...
              I'm also waiting 3rd year for nothing just to sign a peace-treaty with you but now I have second-guess you are not interested to have peace with Gaia...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord_Icewind
                Definetly, it is a weird situation, and should be investigated.
                yes, indeed, i'm dealing for the first time with the situation where are 3 candidates...
                And yes, I tried to vote for Lal but he was not an option...and the weirdest thing is that when I summed up my votes, Aki would have won...but Yang did. I really don't get it.
                perhaps the game is counting my new number of the votes (after building PTS i have the highest number of votes and voted for Yang)
                but it's just my guessing...

Comment

• But the vote results you posted would indicate that the game voted with your 16 - when council was called. That's how I've always understood it is supposed to work, anyhow.

if that's the case then it's reporting your 16 and counting something else...

Icewind, how many votes were shown for Sebed in the screen when you opened it?

I take it that the turn is being held until we have a solution?

Comment

• Originally posted by Senethro
                    Ok, what happened here? Apparently I just got disqualified as a candidate for whatever reason and Icewind wasn't able to vote for me, meaning we didn't all get to vote for the same candidates.
                    I have seen this before. Apparently there is a loop in the hardcoding that continually checks for current population leaders, and updates the "elidgeable" candidates list thusly as the turn progresses. So therefore when elections were called there was a 2 way tie for the second eligeable candidate position, and the voting started with 3 candidates. However as the turn progressed to the other human players (and the hardcoding associated with vote counts and elidgeable candidates updated with each player opening the turn) why the population tie between the 2nd and 3rd candidates changed (for whatever reason - pop boom, war, CP production, PTS completion, nukes....) , and so then the game calculated there were only 2 "elidgeable" candidates for election and proceeded with the election accordingly.

Originally posted by Senethro
                    Does anyone have a problem with this or shall we just run with it?
                    After reading the thread I'm not completely clear as to whether it was a human player or AI that called the election. Regardless, it looks like this situation has caught you all off-guard. Therefore I'd say that if it is agreed amongst you, then you can replay the turn at the point elections were called and just not bother to call elections at this time (although if an AI called the original election, why they may just call it again). Or you can continue on with the game as is, and know that next time you see a 3 way election, the end result may be that not everyone gets to vote for all 3 candidates (and if I had to make a choice, I'd go with this option). FYI.

D

Comment

• yes, first we have to establish who called an ellection?

Comment

• I believe that Senthro called the election.

That doesn't really explain why Yang won though, if Aki had the highest number of votes after the pirates voted.

Comment

• well, i'm not sure how the game works on this matter, but i thought you must gain more than 50% of total votes to be elected...
                          in my opionion none of 3 candidates fulfilled this condition (unless my hgher number o votes were counted in the end)
                          and the most weird situation is that a player with the highest number of votes weren't among those 3 candidates

Comment

• Well, I do think that Sebed had lotsa votes...I shall replay the turn today to see how many...(I'm not at home right now )
                            Yoritomo Kumiko

Comment

• Sebed: I think I clicked Accept then "offer all tech" to see if I had anything you didn't, then forgot to click accept again.

Its a funny old game.

Comment

• Are we going to just keep the turn goign then, under the iron rule of Governor Yang?

Comment

Working...
                                X