No announcement yet.

"The Cult of Worms and Fungus" turn tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw the resend request-- Thats fine but did you see the discussion where wdplays wanted to go back and replay a few years since he got many adverse effects from the sea rise?

I don't ever recall seeing you comment on the idea
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• resent
      "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

• I'm a bit lost. t_ras sent me 2217, is that really where we are going back to? I don't really care either way. Anyway, assuming 2217 is what we want, I've sent that on to Will.
        If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

• Turn sent to Flubber.

To have any effect, we probably did need to go back to at least 2217. The following is an excerpt from the WormKing's most recent press conference on this subject:
          ... It's going to be tight to get enough land raised in 9 years to make a difference. Unfortunately, after that crack pot Al Gore cried wolf 200 years ago, no one was watching for a sea level change this time. This year our glorious formers were in position to start working on raising only one tile. A number of critical tiles may be 5 years away from significant former presence. I have ordered a reallocation of resources between research and energy production, which should speed up former production. Unfortunately, the most vulnerable areas are in the territory that was recently liberated from Darsnan. His thoughtless rule has left these places extremely exposed and lacking in the resources necessary to produce formers in significant quanties. We are transferring formers into that region now, but it will be a long journey for many of them. ...

On another topic, I noticed that I've got 94m land that's endangered and 100m that's not. Does this mean the first flood will only be about 99m?

Comment

• I though t I send 2217.
            Should I resent an earlier one?
            "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

• Originally posted by t_ras
              I though t I send 2217.
              Should I resent an earlier one?
              You did send 2217, which is fine. That's 10 years back, and I don't think we want to go back any further.

Comment

• 2217 version 2 onward
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• 2218v2 to Will.
                  If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

Comment

• 2219v2 to tras

Comment

• and on

Comment

• Hey Flubber,

I was wondering if you'd mind helping me further my education again. I'm totally baffled by what I'm seeing in your research data. The following is what was reported to me for the last four turns.
                        Year___RP's To Next____Accum RP's____RP's This Turn
                        2217_____3960_________408_____________475
                        2218_____3960_________884____________3785
                        2219_____3960________2377____________1613
                        2220_____4050________4050____________1991

Now 2218 was the sunspots turn and since your turn comes after mine I'm guessing you reallocated after me, which is why you didn't get a new tech in 2219. What I don't understand is what happened between 2219 and 2220? Obviously in 2220 you completed a tech and picked a new one, but how did you carry over so many RP's? For that to work, in 2219 you would have needed to generate 5633 RP's. What am I missing here? This happened the last time through on these turns as well. I know I'm missing something; I just can't figure it out. This strikes me as one of those skills that seperates experienced players from wannabe's.

Will

P.S. 2220 to Flubber

Comment

• Originally posted by wdplays
                          Hey Flubber,

I was wondering if you'd mind helping me further my education again. I'm totally baffled by what I'm seeing in your research data. The following is what was reported to me for the last four turns.
                          Year___RP's To Next____Accum RP's____RP's This Turn
                          2217_____3960_________408_____________475
                          2218_____3960_________884____________3785
                          2219_____3960________2377____________1613
                          2220_____4050________4050____________1991

Now 2218 was the sunspots turn and since your turn comes after mine I'm guessing you reallocated after me, which is why you didn't get a new tech in 2219. What I don't understand is what happened between 2219 and 2220? Obviously in 2220 you completed a tech and picked a new one, but how did you carry over so many RP's? For that to work, in 2219 you would have needed to generate 5633 RP's. What am I missing here? This happened the last time through on these turns as well. I know I'm missing something; I just can't figure it out. This strikes me as one of those skills that seperates experienced players from wannabe's.

Will

P.S. 2220 to Flubber
                          I don't recall -- I might have gone heavy on the sciences to ensure I finish a tech

Since we are pacted you could go into each of the turns and see what my science allocation was each time-- use f4 to peek in any of my bases and see what I am allocated at for the turn-- that may help-- otherwise I will have to study this

Comment

• On to Will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

I don't recall -- I might have gone heavy on the sciences to ensure I finish a tech

Since we are pacted you could go into each of the turns and see what my science allocation was each time-- use f4 to peek in any of my bases and see what I am allocated at for the turn-- that may help-- otherwise I will have to study this
                              Reading back over my post, I can see where I wasn't real clear on this. I have been looking at your allocations, and they basically make sense with the RP's This Turn value that I've been seeing. Basically each turn makes sense until 2220, and then I just don't understand what happened.

Comment

• 2221 to tras

Comment

Working...
                                X