"The Cult of Worms and Fungus" turn tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willed once more.
    If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

• 2224 2 Will.
      If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

• On to Flubber. Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

• 2224 on to tras

TRas is down to his last base and his eradication is pretty imminent-- I cannot claim it as inevitable for the next turn.

Does anyone know what will happen if his last base disappears when I kill the last defender. I know if you capture a player's last base it triggers a bug but I am not certain what happens if the base just disappears

WE can try and see or tras can eradicate himself this turn or next and avoid the issue.

I do want to thank tras for his involvement in what is an enjoyable game and hope to see him in another game soon.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• The other choice is for t_ras to surrender his remaining base to me. After all it is within territory that has long been under the mark of my faction anyway. I have seen in other threads detailed explanations of how to knock out a player, but this would avoid that. Additionally, it will help to avoid the development of territorial tensions between Flubber and myself.

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving then (mainly to Americans I guess )
              I'll try to surrender. if not I'll find a way to got out of the game. I've been in this place twice before, and it is always problematic (mainly it takes em 3-4 tries to figure out how to do this...)
              "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

• Originally posted by wdplays
                The other choice is for t_ras to surrender his remaining base to me. After all it is within territory that has long been under the mark of my faction anyway. I have seen in other threads detailed explanations of how to knock out a player, but this would avoid that. Additionally, it will help to avoid the development of territorial tensions between Flubber and myself.
                I don't think he can surrender a base to you (humans cannot gift bases to one another) and I know the bug will appear if I capture it-- not sure if I destroy it but I think the bug will appear. If he simply uses a troop in the base with the "b' command if I remember correctly, the game will allow him to kill his last base and then will ask him to save and pass the turn as normal-- no fuss no muss.

The only question for tras is when to do it. As I said, I have not killed him yet ( I would not have finished him off last turn regardless of the bug) but I have a better than even chance that I could "finish him" the turn afterward
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by t_ras
                  Happy Thanksgiving then (mainly to Americans I guess )
                  I'll try to surrender. if not I'll find a way to got out of the game. I've been in this place twice before, and it is always problematic (mainly it takes em 3-4 tries to figure out how to do this...)
                  This should not be a problem. I have been involved in probably 80-90 player eradications over the years. All you have to do is use the command for "obliterate base" with a unit in the base and then your turn should sen and you pass as normal. Next turn afterward I will be prompted to pass to the person that tras used to pass to.

The only complication I ever saw was when the aggressor really wanted to keep the last base-- Then the players would often give the aggressor the defeated players password to play his turn so that another base could be created-- The good base would be captured and the new one obliterated.

I assert no such claim here. I think it would be normal for the base to be destroyed so thats what should happen.

Tras can do it now or if he sees any point( like units that can get a last lick in), he can wait until next turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by t_ras
                    Happy Thanksgiving then (mainly to Americans I guess )

Ya the real Thanksgiving was about a month ago

Comment

• This is the end...

From Lord T_ras diaries:
                      ...Yes , we have won this last battle, but looking out side the windows of my chamber I know it was probably our last victory.
                      -'masada...'
                      Again this call in my head! but why? and from whom?
                      Do we really have to get to it?
                      -'masada...'
                      -Who is it? What do you want?
                      -'masada...'
                      -I'm not killing my people...
                      -'masada...'
                      -I'm not killing my people!
                      -'masada...'
                      This time the voice calmed me down, and suddenly I understood, Masada...I knew what I had to do.
                      I stepped into my office and called my first secretary.
                      -Hi sir, we are still taking care of the injured worms unit, but it seems its going to be fine.
                      -How are our citizens accepting our situation?
                      -Sir?
                      He knew I knew the answer, but I wanted him to say it.
                      -How are our citizens accepting our situation?
                      -They are afraid sir.
                      -Though they have enough supplies and are quite safe here.
                      -Yes sir.
                      -Why do you think it is so?
                      I knew I was making him say thinks he preferred to ignore.
                      I understood that, this was the only way of having some hope, even a fools hope, to be able to keep alive and sane.
                      But yet I wanted him to say the crude true, I wanted him to say it in his own words...
                      -Well sir. This is our last base, we have only two garrisons here and even though we have a lot more forces they are all far away.
                      -Which means what? what are they so afraid of?
                      Come on! say it!
                      -That we'll be conquered by the enemy...
                      He lost some of his young spark while saying it. It was like he suddenly grew much older. But now he knew I was leading him to get some kind of conclusion he hasn't figured out yet.
                      -Would it be more frightening then death?
                      His eyes went wide open, and he looked shocked. Now he understood where I was getting to.
                      -Would it be more frightening then death?
                      -Sir...what are you thinking about? I don't get it.
                      -Ho you do, you know you do! now answer my question!
                      -Sir, are you planning to kill us all? to suicide?
                      Now he was frighten, he probably though I was going insane, which actually might have been the truth...
                      -Are you familiar with the ancient story of Masada?
                      -No sir.
                      -It is a very old story.
                      More than 2000 years a go the Hebrew people in Israel were conquered by the Roman empire. Tough most of the people just surrendered ,at least temporarily, there was a religious sect which refused to accept Romans empire in the holly land, the Sicarii.
                      They conquered a large fortress, Masada, from the Romans and brought their families into it.
                      They lived there for about two years and then the romans came to confront them. They where about 900, including women and children, and the romans had more then 4000 warriors with another 4000 slaves.
                      The siege went on for a few months and then it was clear to the Jewish people in the fortress that defeat was inevitable.
                      Once they figured this out they decided that is better to die as a free person then to stay alive as slaves, so they decided to kill each other, including women and children, before defeat. They left the food though, to show the Romans they could have go on with the siege , but decided by them self not to.
                      These were very proud believing people, as we are...would you rather be a slave secretary?

He was shocked, he just stood there looking at me.
                      -Would you rather be a slave secretary?
                      -Are you planning to have all the people suicide sir?
                      -Would you rather be a slave secretary?
                      I could fill he was coming back to him self now, and wandering how insane his leader is.
                      -I don't want to be a slave sir, but I think such a command as you plan will just put the population in panic and create a catastrophe
                      -And right you are. I would also rather die in battle, but we are not really going to die.
                      Now I could see he was really confused.
                      -I think we might just be able to reach at least one of our goals, we'll be embraced by planet...
                      -So the prophecy is true? we'll unite with planet? when did it all happen?
                      -not quite, we'll send our worms to the wild and let them destroy us, so our minds can be absorbed by planed to keep them alive till some future day comes when we can really be as one...
                      He was really perplexed now. It was a hard to get obviously. The fact that letting the worms destroy as will save us.
                      And it was something I can not prove any way to the people, but may be to him.
                      -Put the military base online. Let me talk to the commander, say nothing.
                      -Yes sir.
                      -Commander Rain at your service sir.
                      -Hi commander. How are our worms doing today?
                      -As a matter of fact they are much calmer then they ever were. I've never seem then that way. Lately they seem like dogies licking to their wounded masters. Is there something I should know about it sir?
                      -In your time you will commander. For now thanks for your information.
                      -At your service sir.
                      The secretary looked calmer now, more trusting of my ideas.
                      -How will it happen sir?
                      -Prepare the media, I will send one last speach to our people.
                      Tell our military units all over planet to be ready to release all of our worms to the wild immediately on my command.

-Yes sir. by the way...
                      -Yes secretary?
                      -How will it be, will we be like slipping? or will we be awake?
                      I gave him the most calming, understanding fatherly look I could to calm him.
                      -I don't know son. I guess I don't have all the answers...
                      He left my office with a kind of peacefully melancholic look. I felt the same, but I have to look like a believer for my people, for my sons...so now I have to prepare my self so I can prepare them...
                      -'masada...'
                      Right...Masada...
                      "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

• BTW
                        turn sent and all my units sent as free worms to the wild.
                        It was a fun game. waiting for the next one

Comment

• 2226 on to hobbes

OH and it appears the sea levells rose and one base belonging to wormking will has disappeared

Comment

• Well I'm really getting fed-up with this game. Has anybody been getting warnings that sea levels were rising? I haven't seen the first one so this came as a total shock, for which I was totally unprepared. Not only did I loose a colony, but I've lost major population blocks from other colonies (even ones with Pressure Domes), about 20% of my formers, and major terrain improvements. This has pretty much wrecked 30 years of development. It sure would have been nice to have some warning that this was coming so I could have prepared. Is this another one of those differences between PBEM and solo, because I've never before been hit with flooding w/o a few years of warning?

Comment

• Originally posted by wdplays
                              Well I'm really getting fed-up with this game. Has anybody been getting warnings that sea levels were rising? I haven't seen the first one so this came as a total shock, for which I was totally unprepared. Not only did I loose a colony, but I've lost major population blocks from other colonies (even ones with Pressure Domes), about 20% of my formers, and major terrain improvements. This has pretty much wrecked 30 years of development. It sure would have been nice to have some warning that this was coming so I could have prepared. Is this another one of those differences between PBEM and solo, because I've never before been hit with flooding w/o a few years of warning?

I was not given the warnings -- I think they go to the people that are first or last in the turn order ( I forget which but it is only to one person)-- I think the warnings might have gone to tras before as last turn I saw the notification of your lost base and had the change of year --now that he is eliminated-- I guess I am the last human in the turn order now .

It IS considered good PBEM etiquette that people post in the turn thread when they get any such warnings. That way everyone is even . I don't recall if that happened in this thread ( I assume not ) but its an advanced point that many people would not think about. Oh and it might have been as little as a single warning.

Thats why I usually do not count on other people. Typically I will check a low lying square (something with an elevation of less than 50m ) every turn or three to see if it shows up as "endangered". Once it does, I check all over my empire to see what is endangered. From that I can estimate the level of the searise (and the first one usually happens in 20 years)

I am not as diligent on this as I should be so when I notice an endangered tile, I assume I have 15 years to fix it-- In this case I built a bunch of pressure domes and raised a bunch of land. I did lose some terraforming but thats it IIRC. I am actually surprised that you could not notice the very large number of endangered tiles out there. Once you get a 100 years in you should EXPECT searises and start to look for them.

So the only difference in a PBEM is that only one person gets the notification. Otherwise it all works the same

OH and you should not have lost population from bases with pressure domes. I bet if you checked, you would find that the base was larger than size 4 and did NOT have a pressure dome last turn. IF such a base gets flooded by a searise it will lose some population and magically get a pressure dome IIRC. Double-check that as I am interested in the answer since thats always the way it has been for me.

Comment

• Sorry, It seems I got the warning and ignore it (since I don't remember getting it). Also I wasn't aware only one player is getting the message.
                                May be it will be fare to replay...

Comment

Working...
                                X