No announcement yet.

Connection Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, the site is moderately operational.

Thanks guys.

I figured you were doing maintenance, and I'm not sure why it was unexpected. Of course Ming did let me know before it all came down.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Well, for one, we want to be using certain existing software, such as vBulletin and others, that is all PHP. I love .NET, but it doesn't seem like a solution for us. We're not starting from scratch, we're upgrading the site and that's already taking up enough of the time.

By the way, one of the reasons we're upgrading is so that things like platform would matter less for us. We're switching to using ready 3rd-party solutions wherever possible so that we don't have to deal with homemade and/or heavily modified software like now. As far as those ready solutions go, PHP seems to be the king.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Well, that's your problem. C#/ASP.NET is the platform to build websites on now. It's faster and WAY more capable than PHP. Ditto for J2EE-powered sites.

I've built some extremely powerful mini-sites in no time for the intranet on the bank I work for using C#.
        Fu3k me! The world is going to end! I actually agree with Asher for the first time ever.

Comment

Working...
        X