X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaak
    lol...should it count once? he isn't a subscriber
    Yes, I am. Til 2008 even...

The reason I paid was to get rid of ads.

You can get rid of them now, or I can make a Greasemonkey script so everyone can get rid of them...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
      I don't understand how people find it annoying. How do you even notice it??
      I see it in every post.

I find it annoying that I spend a lot of money on a site that then still tells me with most posts "Support Apolyton!"

Why the hell do you think I paid for Plus. It wasn't to see more ads...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        It's very annoying.
        A reason to continue the practice.

Let me know when you will take a cheque.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'll give Markos ten bucks if he restores the iPod ads to all of Asher's posts.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

that's too little
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I have to eat.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

It must be worth a grumbling stomach if you can honk off Asher?
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

maybe we should start a collection?
                  "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Put me in for ten bucks to restore all of Asher's ads.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Any more takers?
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Put me in for twenty.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

ok boys, cut it out
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            I find it annoying that I spend a lot of money on a site that then still tells me with most posts "Support Apolyton!"

Why the hell do you think I paid for Plus. It wasn't to see more ads...
                            I agree. While I have never opposed a modest link at the bottom of the page, this measure is ridiculous.

I assume that PLUS subscriptions make more money than referral-links. Then why are you bothering the people who pay money with these links as well? People subscribe to PLUS because they are told that the entire site will be ad-free. But now they're being confronted with ads in 25% of the posts. Why implement a third-rate income generator to people who are first-rate income generators?

Think lightly of it if you will, but you're now lying to your members.

Comment

Come on, it´s not like those ads are really annoying. And it is for a good cause, it´s not like Markos and Dan makes a fortune running this site you know...
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Thanks for moving the link, Mark

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
                                Come on, it´s not like those ads are really annoying.
                                Even though I noticed the links immediately, I agree that they're not super annoying (since it's only text). However, it's more a matter principle: the PLUS subscription is supposed to guarantee an ad-free site.

And it is for a good cause

So is the PLUS subscription

Comment

Working...
                                X