Change in "no ads" policy for Plus subscribers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in "no ads" policy for Plus subscribers

I saw these ads appear in the threads yesterday. In the upper right corner of some posts, there are ads asking to buy Civ3 and other things.

Is this a new policy? I thought PLUS subscribers aren't supposed to see ads?
    Attached Files
    Haven't been here for ages....

it's a change due to the often request of the amazon link as well as purchase links through which plus users can extend their subcription(a 40$ order of a single game from chips&bits will give you 2 extra months of plus).

plus users continue to not get the plus ads appearing on posts. they only see the amazon/etc links on about 25% of posts.

if it's too much bother we'll reconsider...
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well, it surely is pretty irritating, though much better than it was this morning, when each post had that crap. I guess it's tolerable for about 25% of posts, though surely useless .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I like to have the links, but it would be better to have them at the bottom of the page instead

Is it only possible to support 'Poly from Amazon.com? What about Amazon.co.uk?
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

It's very annoying.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

annoying - really

personally I find them useful

good for price checking just need to start buying things with it
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

A link at the bottom of the page (rather than in every post) would do the same and not be nearly as annoying.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If the amazon purchase for PLUS time deal was back I wouldn't mind the ad links as much. I agree that it could be located somewhere other than in each post.
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I don´t find them annoying at all. In fact I probably wouldn´t even have reflected on the fact that they existed had Shogun not posted this thread...
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Link at bottom

Links in posts

They're slightly annoying, and to me that's rather too much... not as annoying as popups or between-post ads, but still ...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I don't really notice the link unless I look closely...

Though I agree it's probably better if placed somewhere else, for example at the top with all these other links.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        It's very annoying.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

posting twice doesnt make your opinion count twice asher....
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

lol...should it count once? he isn't a subscriber
                            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

I don't understand how people find it annoying. How do you even notice it??

Comment

Working...
                              X