X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSpike
    I doubt that. 10,000 is a lot of posts.
    The OT has a throughput probably nearly equal to the rest of the entire site.

Well, maybe a half of it.

Comment

I doubt that. 10,000 is a lot of posts.
      Well I don't agree because I would be a deity if Off topic posts counted.

Certainly more than 40 deities, because you have to remember that all the ontopicers would have their stats boosted.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

As for NYE, he should get congrats for being the first Canadian Deity. Even before DanQ.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

There would certainly be hundreds. 10,000 is a lot of posts, but most OT regulars have between 2 and 5 thousand on-topic posts as well. It would be trivial for them to have gotten the other 5 to 8 thousand posts just from the OT. 125,000 posts supplementing people's on-topic post count would lead to many over 10,000.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

There would certainly be hundreds. 10,000 is a lot of posts, but most OT regulars have between 2 and 5 thousand on-topic posts as well. It would be trivial for them to have gotten the other 5 to 8 thousand posts just from the OT. 125,000 posts supplementing people's on-topic post count would lead to many over 10,000.
            Yes, I think your order of magnitude is just a wee off here

Comment

As well as the point.

Comment

What point was that?

Comment

not a very sharp point
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

some of us post quite a bit in off topic
                    Yeah, with 30 or so posts a day it only takes a year to get to deity
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

congrats to the new deities, and also the several new emperors.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                        What point was that?
                        The statement from Skanky I took issue with (and you said you disagreed with me) was that there would be hundreds of deities if OT posts counted. Hundreds means at least 200, and I'd be incredibly surprised if there were that many OTers that had posted sufficiently heavily over a sustained amount of time to be deities.

Comment

must... resist... poking... fun... at... the... nerds...

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            The statement from Skanky I took issue with (and you said you disagreed with me) was that there would be hundreds of deities if OT posts counted. Hundreds means at least 200, and I'd be incredibly surprised if there were that many OTers that had posted sufficiently heavily over a sustained amount of time to be deities.
                            Just shorten it to "I'd be incredibly surprised" then.

Comment

What I said was perfectly clear if you read the whole thread.

Comment

If Civ3 had been worth my while I'd be a Deity by now. Since it sucked I took a year off 'Poly in absolute disgust and Civ3List burnout. On my return the anemic Civ2 forums made my posting more sparse (damn the barbarians!).
                                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                                X