Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for something different in a Civ style Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have checked the AOM site and the work done on the game seems worth more than 5 dollars. I just hope Apolyton allows this to be post in its news section. Now the code is being worked on and I feel that the AI is much improved . AI to AI diplomacy is fixed. How does the ai in AOM compare?

Comment

I would like to reiterate my admiration for the work you have done, stan. But my question still stands:

Why not have the mod hosted? Most internet connections nowadays can easily suck up 400 megs overnight, if not faster. Plus it saves you the hassle of having to do all the work with the CD's.

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I am fairly sure that the owners would agree to host this mod. Stan - if you say that you want the mod hosted on Apolyton, you can be pretty certain that it will be done, and properly too.

Asmodean - 400 megs overnight? Nahhh.... in under an hour .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I hope Poly hosts it, I'll check it out.

And, if I like it donate something for the time spent.

NOT for the game itself!

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Just to clarify, so every one understands, AOM was set up to ship discs as a lot of potential users would not be able to download 400+ mb. It is a cost recovery only on burning and shipping the disc.

I was charged over $50.00 AUD shipping only for a game from USA to Australia 3 years ago.

Comment

I will talk to Apolyton about hosting it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stankarp
                Just to clarify, so every one understands, AOM was set up to ship discs as a lot of potential users would not be able to download 400+ mb. It is a cost recovery only on burning and shipping the disc.

I was charged over $50.00 AUD shipping only for a game from USA to Australia 3 years ago.
                Perfectly understandable. But really today, most users are able to suck up 400 megs easy.

I am not trying to give you a hard time, stan. I understand your motives now. I just think you could save yourself a lot of trouble, if you get it hosted

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                  Spike - he said he misjudged by posting in so many forums and apologized. Nothing wrong with that.
                  Uh, yes, after my post. It was right to apologise.

Originally posted by Solver
                  No harm done. Respect the 4000 hours the man put into it. It's an amazing achievement and dedication.
                  And I agree I do respect it; I said earlier good luck, and I sincerely hope it goes well. Even if that makes the occasional sexually frustrated teenager call me an a$$licker.

Comment

Stankarp

Maybe you should sent a copy of AOM to someone who could do a preview on it.
                    They could post in the Apolyton fourm on how good the game is and what changes were made that had the most impacted on gameplay.
                    The 5 dollars is not a problem for me but I still dont trust any service on the internet to put credit card number on . Not yet. So hope there is a way to mail funds would be glad to buy two copies.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                      Uh, yes, after my post. It was right to apologise.

And I agree I do respect it; I said earlier good luck, and I sincerely hope it goes well. Even if that makes the occasional sexually frustrated teenager call me an a$$licker.
                      Teenager? I wish. And my comment is totally unrelated to your replies to stankarp.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Maq... don't bother, alright ?

Comment

I have started the ball rolling for Apolyton to host AOM as well.

Comment in my emails this morning.
                          "Hi Stan.
                          Just read the blurb for AoM. It sounds really great (and you\'ve now got my 5.00 AUD).
                          Once again, AoM sounds/looks fantastic & I can\'t wait for the CD to arrive."

Comment

(Solver)
                            You can send them out on CDs, but you are not allowed to charge anything for that.
                            I suspect that you're right that this technically violates the EULA.

But what's to stop him from selling an Activision CTP2 CD and including his own CD as a free bonus?

Comment

You're probably right Pete, unless somehow reselling is prohibited... but if Markos does host AoM, it will all be easier .

Comment

"But what's to stop him from selling an Activision CTP2 CD and including his own CD as a free bonus?"

Berenbaum at Activision sarcastically suggested that buying on Ebay was the only way I would get the CTP2 discs.

Ebay and Amazon resell old copies every day of the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X