Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for something different in a Civ style Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building on the complete overhaul of the entire game (both graphics and gameplay) that AoM delivered, AoM II has incorporated the playing experience of many of the people . New features include:

·The Artificial Intelligence (AI) can now perform cross water invasions in some strength.
    ·The AI is programmed to coordinate stack movement when Frenzy reaches higher levels.
    ·Working alliances with the AI including designating a specific target for your allies to attack and for them to ask for gold subsidies if fighting for you.
    ·Many tweaks and improvements based on feedback including a greatly updated Great Library file.
    ·More advances from Goods.
    ·More ways for Frenzy to go up and down.
    ·New tile improvements, sliding points scale for victory, diplomatic and science victories and the option to continue the game after victory is reached.
    ·Peaceful AI may ask for PW aid or propose an Arms Reduction Treaty, which will cause your Frenzy level to fall if you agree.
    ·Fishing fleets to harvest sea resources.
    ·Religion, including new advances and being able to build a Religious Wonder and found a religion, making converting enemy cities cheaper and giving a special super cleric, the Patriarch.
    ·The possibility of a religious war if you capture the Religious Wonder of a Religion other than your own.

People who have already downloaded or obtained the original AOM or its Diplomacy Update will only need to download an update folder about 12 MB in size.

The main AOM download from Apolyton should be updated within 48 hours.

This update only includes the main campaign. Within 2 weeks I intend to update the other 2 starting times as well as produce a 10% shorter version of the main campaign.

The AoM website will be transferred to ACS in early December, followed by the AOM forum in January 2006.

Comment

• Hope it goes well but right now you have a little competition from a small game called Civ4.

Comment

• Thanks. Dr Spike.

AOM has been more succesful than I ever imagined. Considering CTP2 is 6 yr old and was voted the biggest disappointment of 2000 by one game magazine.

Based on my net research and AOM disc receipts and ACS downloads, more than 10% equivalent of the people who bought CTP2 in the first year, have obtained AOM in less than 7 months.

I had a customer 3 days ago who has put Civ 4 aside (very disappointed), confessed he had CTP2 but gave it away, so has paid for another second hand CTP2 disc and AOM disc so he can play AOM and 5$ extra for quick shipping.

Sarxis said this morning.
        For sure AoM has depth that cIV does not. The one thing that really grabs me with AoM is the sense of history unfolding - the pace of the game is brilliant; far more epic than any other CIV game I have played.
        Milverin said.
        Good job, Stan. I am just finishing one game and I shall move straight a new one. ))

Thats really strange, I thought I had quitted playing computer games... Hm... And now the hours i spent at the computer..... I dont know if I should thank you Stan or damn you

BTW: Are you going to take some holiday after finishing this release?
        I said I was so impressed with the STABILITY of the CTP2 engine that I had not ruled out AOM III (but don't tell my wife).

Milverin came back and said.
        Ok, I will not. But I will give your address to my girlfriend and one day she might appear on your doorstep and demand explanation of why I spend so many hours playing such an old game!
        I should add a special thanks to Dan Quick and Apolyton at this stage for helping with the success of AOM.

Comment

• Alos, not one of those AOM recipients has complained about performance issues and 3 people have publicly (make that 4) that AOM is the best civ style strategy game ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by stankarp
            I should add a special thanks to Dan Quick and Apolyton at this stage for helping with the success of AOM.
            You're welcome, Stan.

We are proud to support your and others' efforts in the continuing development of Ages of Man titles.

---------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
            X