I feel so pure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel so pure!

No, I didn't convert to Benkenobicism. I did however, after people in general refused to tell me for several days , find out myself how to get CBH off my buddy list, after accidentally adding him earlier this week. Now my buddy list is empty and pure as the thoughts of a Catholic blonde again.

So, who do you have on your buddy list, and what, exactly, is it supposed to do?
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

what, exactly, is it supposed to do?
    It allows you to send PMs to multiple people on your buddy list, and see who's online.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I have 26 people on my buddy list, mostly Sleaguers and mods. I'm not entirely sure why exactly, because I (almost) never PM multiple people and seeing who's online isn't all that imperative either (and you can see it in a thread too). It's just a nice way to keep track of interesting people.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Once the same thing happened with me for Fez, but I deleted him after a few weeks.

Anyway, you get to know it when he's online... and besides he's not my buddy.
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

The buddy list is very useful for forum games and the like. For keep track of raving loonies, not so much.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

As said by Joncha, the Buddy list is useful for Forum Games. I also use it for PBEM and Democracy Games.

It can also be useful if you are watching for someone online, much easier to watch the buddy list then the list at the bottom of the main forum page.

I currently have 33 people on my list, but I regularly add and delete people, depending on what games they are in.

As I have suggested in MarkG's todo list, I would like to see "last time online" added to the buddy list, so that you know how recently someone was last online.

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I have no one on my list

Comment

I have Sloww, Berz, Azazel, and Zylka on my buddy list and I have no idea why.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Now my buddy list is empty and pure as the thoughts of a Catholic blonde again.
                  Uh,
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I have quite a few people on my buddy list from forum games and demogames. PMing multiple people at once is quite nice for those types of games.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Uh,
                      Why are you scared?
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I never really bothered to use the buddy list.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          I have quite a few people on my buddy list from forum games and demogames. PMing multiple people at once is quite nice for those types of games.
                          You are on my Buddy list because I clicked the who an I a buddy of? link and was your buddy.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I have between 10 to 15 people on my buddy list. They are all folks that are in PBEMs with me. I use this method for sending quick notes about strategies, diplomacy, etc to the other players.
                              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
                              X