Ack! Ads for Civ III: Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG
    in protest to you terrible (on all levers) way to complain i will not respond further on the issue
    How do you sleep at night?
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

A Deity copying other people's lines
      You should be an example of forumpostsquality (finnish for "quality of forums posts"). How do you sleep at night?
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by dunk
        This just makes me even more sad.
        Christ, go eat some Ginko Baloba and get some sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

How do you sleep at night?
          Actually... very comfortably... in a wonderful bed bought by my gains from working in the advertising industry
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am aware that Civ III: Gold is a poor purchase, but not everyone is. Not everyone who comes to Apolyton takes the time to read through the entire site or even look at the forums (or search them... even a lot of members don't do that).

People come to this site and dont read the forums, where they could see the accumulated wit and wisdom of the 'poly community - especially my own? This makes me sad.

and they dont post a question about what version to buy, thus denying themselves and all the fine folks who inhabit the Civ3 forums many plus 1's - this makes me even more sad.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

very comfortably... in a wonderful bed bought by my gains from working in the advertising industry

Ming didn't deny selling 'bad' products.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Is it just me, or did MarkG pull an Arnelos up there?
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I can't help but be a role model.

A Deity copying other people's lines
                  In all fairness, he was copying me.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Re: Re: Ack! Ads for Civ III: Gold

hmmm where?

Scroll down about one screen's worth on the right hand side. Under the "Get Civ 3 Conquests" ad.

And hell, Thunderfall was at least civil when I complained there.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Ack! Ads for Civ III: Gold

Scroll down about one screen's worth on the right hand side. Under the "Get Civ 3 Conquests" ad.

some forums are more civil than others
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

This is true.

Although, Sir Ralph makes a good point about not wanting to play with the changes Conquests makes to the core game and all of the bugs.

Comment

People who buy a game solely based on an advertisement, before reading reviews and ignoring the vast amount of user comments available on forums such as this are stupid. I.e. what Skanky said.

The ads are here to keep this site running. If you want to read opinions, read the forums. That's what they're for.

If you want to help the dedicated people who run this site (in their spare time!) cover their bills without having to resort to serving ads, get an Apolyton Plus subscription.

Or do you regularly phone up your TV station to complain about all the crap that's being advertised on there too?
                          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

This is true.

Although, Sir Ralph makes a good point about not wanting to play with the changes Conquests makes to the core game and all of the bugs.
                            btw, my reference to civility was more to this particular area the AC forum, than to 'poly as a whole. I assume youd get a civil answer in the Civ3 forums. AC tends toward the snarky. And I think there have been enough fairly silly attacks on ads here over the years to try any webmasters patience.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Ack! Ads for Civ III: Gold

allow me to say that you have a peculiar way of
                              1) how to register a complain to a free volunteer-run site
                              2) what a civil answer is and isnt

there, i broke my promise....
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

You can always take an Apolyton-Plus membership (Markos gives me 2 free plus-days for everytime I mention it don't you Markos? )

Besides that: what's wrong with advertising for civ:gold?
                                There are billions of people on earth that didn't buy it so far. And I expect EVERYONE who goes to buy something to investigate on what the product will be.

It's a good thing that it is being advertised on a civ-fan site, since it gives millions of possibilities to find out if it's a good thing to buy this product.

I'm a member of a cd-club (you know, such a club in which you have to buy a new cd every 2 months) (or movie)

It says about every movie: "It's a fantastic movie and it's great and one of the best"
                                It even said that about The Matrix: Reloaded.

On Poly games are being advertised and ciritized.
                                Welcome in the 21st century!
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X